Wakey friendly

Batley Bob

18 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I think 7th is a pretty fair assessment tbh and it's where I expect us to finish if we have a decent season.

The 4 full time teams should be much better than us and a class apart. Of the part timers, Featherstone have spent far more on there squad than either us or Halifax, they might even edge London out of the top 4.

This leaves us and Halifax looking to finish 6th and 7th at best. 

What are your expectations Phildog?

Mine is 6th

IMG_0583.JPG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I'm a little confused.

just how many forum predictions have you checked ?......

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

3 hours ago, BirstallDog said:

Brilliant to hear Sammy Kings Penny Arcade being played when the lads ran out. A Batley song.

A great Batley - born song from a Batley - born artist and songwriter,  Alan Twohig, with the stage name Sammy King. Glasgow Rangers adopted it as their song, and in 2011, raising tens of thousands for their nominated charity from the sales of Penny Arcade, which as a result hit the charts in that year. Are we missing a fundraising trick here at the Mount?

13 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Mine is 6th

6th is possible, but it would constitute a really good season. As Halifax finished in the top 4 last year, they are probably favourites to take 6th in most people's eyes. However, they didn't frighten me last season, given there recruitment this season, Halifax do not look unbeatable this time either.

But we have to do better than we did last season against the teams above us and complete with them, as well as beat all of the teams below us twice. Something we failed to do last season.

I guess we'll get a better idea of how we will go after the first 3 league games.

I think we've recruited better this time than any other over the last 3 seasons. We have the best pack I believe, don't think Leigh or Toronto will batter us in that department, I know I keep banging on about young Faz but he has all the potential to come in and do a great job, Galbraith should be a revelation in the centres with his pace. So, what is my prediction? I would add a rider before I plump for a position; we have to stop turning up at some grounds, I think a few will know which ones I mean, feeling beaten before taking the field, and we have to stop some of the same teams coming up the hill and laying down the law to us. We need to take at least 1 win each of Fev. London and Toulouse, we can do it with the right head on. IF we conquer our confidence problem, there is no reason whatsoever that Disken can't quite rightly say at the season's end that we have finished as the top part-time team. Personally, I'd be happy to finish between 4th and 6th and win the Plate. The only thing I don't want to see this time are the yo-yo results of last season where we beat somebody well one week then get battered the next. Last season saw us experience some of the biggest defeats we've had in 6 or 7 years, whilst we put up more big scores than we would expect. The way he's got us throwing the ball around should pay dividends as long as players make the pass good and the catch as good. Keep the wingers holding their place in defence ( we concede more tries within 5 metres from touch) and we're good to go.

On 14/01/2018 at 5:25 PM, The Blues Ox said:

Leigh and Torronto nailed on then the other 4 will be London, Fev, Fax and Toulouse although I expect Fev and Toulouse to take the last 2 top 4 spots. I doubt you will find many people other than the most biased to say otherwise.

Toronto nailed on , they've no props , just sacked em all , 2 week before season starts

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/toronto-wolfpack-rocked-exits-fuifui-11870961.amp?__twitter_impression=true

IMG_0583.JPG

Oh dear the first bit of turbulence over the pond. Two of the three have been naughty boys in the past.

Now which club will pounce im predicting fev

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived