BBC Sport website on mobile devices

Shaggy

My version of the app doesn't look like that, but on mine RL still sits among the 'big seven' sports alongside football, golf, RU, cricket, tennis, and F1.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I complained to the BBC about this at the time. Two weeks later they sent this reply:

Thanks for getting in touch about the Rugby League link in the top navigation of the BBC Sport website.

The reason Rugby League has been moved to the second level of navigation outside the UK is as a result of analysing almost two years' worth of audience data.

For example, our Rugby League page is not in the top 10 most visited BBC Sport pages outside the UK. And in a global survey in which our audience were asked which sports they most liked to read about on the BBC Sport website, Rugby League was 13th. Rugby League is also the sport most removed by users in our customised mobile app navigation.

That same research tells us that Cycling is the sport our international audience are most interested in after Football, Cricket, Tennis, Formula 1, Rugby Union, Golf and Athletics. For that reason, Cycling has been added to the top navigation.

BBC Sport is committed to coverage of Rugby League on all its platforms as the recent World Cup showed. BBC were the rights holders of the Rugby League World Cup in the UK. We continue to cover international rugby league, the Super League and the Challenge Cup online. In the UK, the BBC airs Super League highlights and live Challenge Cup games on TV and radio.

Rugby League is still very easy to find on the BBC Sport website in the 'More Sport' fly-out menu and will be regularly promoted on the BBC Sport homepage.

Regards,

BBC Sport

19 minutes ago, Usera said:

I complained to the BBC about this at the time. Two weeks later they sent this reply:

Thanks for getting in touch about the Rugby League link in the top navigation of the BBC Sport website.

The reason Rugby League has been moved to the second level of navigation outside the UK is as a result of analysing almost two years' worth of audience data.

For example, our Rugby League page is not in the top 10 most visited BBC Sport pages outside the UK. And in a global survey in which our audience were asked which sports they most liked to read about on the BBC Sport website, Rugby League was 13th. Rugby League is also the sport most removed by users in our customised mobile app navigation.

That same research tells us that Cycling is the sport our international audience are most interested in after Football, Cricket, Tennis, Formula 1, Rugby Union, Golf and Athletics. For that reason, Cycling has been added to the top navigation.

BBC Sport is committed to coverage of Rugby League on all its platforms as the recent World Cup showed. BBC were the rights holders of the Rugby League World Cup in the UK. We continue to cover international rugby league, the Super League and the Challenge Cup online. In the UK, the BBC airs Super League highlights and live Challenge Cup games on TV and radio.

Rugby League is still very easy to find on the BBC Sport website in the 'More Sport' fly-out menu and will be regularly promoted on the BBC Sport homepage.

Regards,

BBC Sport

As much as we grumble this is genuinely fair comment from the BBC. We are talking about world audiences here for its platform (bbc.com as opposed to bbc.co.uk).

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

If you use the BBC Sport app you can configure it so you have rugby league as the top menu.

And the more you use it (or the BBC Sport website) the better the numbers look to the decision-makers.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

And the more you use it (or the BBC Sport website) the better the numbers look to the decision-makers.

*rapidly refreshes the ten month old handball headlines*

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived