Law Cup comes home

Dave Naylor

The one downside is only 500 people turned up, factors it was Wednesday night so no children where there, school night. I think that Rochdale will curse the postponement from Sunday. 

Finally IMHO the gate charge was slightly high for a pre-season friendly when the result persay is not of the most important but getting the pattern of play right together with running lines.. 

For me I would have let the kids on free, with an adult and reduce it to £12.00 

4 hours ago, Tony Mac said:

Is there any video footage of the game at all?

Don't think so unless Hornets are going to put some out.  The club are obligated to video league/cup games but since the Law Cup is a local pre-season game, there's no requirement.

Give me a budget and some staff and we'll have a chuffin' jumbotron at all our games. :)

11 hours ago, clifford said:

The one downside is only 500 people turned up, factors it was Wednesday night so no children where there, school night. I think that Rochdale will curse the postponement from Sunday. 

Finally IMHO the gate charge was slightly high for a pre-season friendly when the result persay is not of the most important but getting the pattern of play right together with running lines.. 

For me I would have let the kids on free, with an adult and reduce it to £12.00 

I too was a bit disappointed by the turnout, probably a combination of it being midweek and yes I was there but I do think £15 for a pre season game is a tad steep.Nevertheless we won and that's the important thing.

Grim but not unexpected really, as has been said admission price was pretty steep for a "friendly", people working,folk with other commitments in midweek,kids at school the following day. I bet most midweek games historically across RL attract a lower attendance than those played on a Sunday especially friendlies,the Roughyeds following was pretty good considering but still way down on what we would normally take to Hornets on a Sunday affy.

Archived