RL on Canadian TV

manu266

@ Copa you should be able to stream the CBC feed from Australia.  I don't believe they normally engage in geoblocking, and I know some others did successfully watch the cbc feed.  Otherwise a vpn with a CAD exit node would certainly do the trick.  VPN's are part of my bread and butter and I can recommend a few good legitimate options if directly streaming cbc.ca does not work.

Hop over to http://www.cbc.ca and test it out, they are always streaming something (a lot of hockey as I type this) and if you can get the hockey streams then you will be able to view the rugby games as well. If there is geoblocking, then you need a vpn.  On that matter I can advise of safe ones at a reasonable price.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Captain Survival said:

Hop over to http://www.cbc.ca and test it out, they are always streaming something (a lot of hockey as I type this) and if you can get the hockey streams then you will be able to view the rugby games as well.

I’ll see what I can work out.... TWP has a few players known in Australia this season and it’d be good to see how they play.

31438E2D-363C-4400-9A36-2A954AE59877.jpeg

7 hours ago, Captain Survival said:

@ Copa you should be able to stream the CBC feed from Australia.  I don't believe they normally engage in geoblocking, and I know some others did successfully watch the cbc feed.  Otherwise a vpn with a CAD exit node would certainly do the trick.  VPN's are part of my bread and butter and I can recommend a few good legitimate options if directly streaming cbc.ca does not work.

Hop over to http://www.cbc.ca and test it out, they are always streaming something (a lot of hockey as I type this) and if you can get the hockey streams then you will be able to view the rugby games as well. If there is geoblocking, then you need a vpn.  On that matter I can advise of safe ones at a reasonable price.

Come on Captain, you shouldn’t be charging for a bit of advice. 

rldfsignature.jpg

16 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Come on Captain, you shouldn’t be charging for a bit of advice. 

I was referring to the cost of the vpn service, not my advice! lol  My advice is free on this matter.

14 hours ago, Michael1812 said:

If you use the Opera browser (which is free), it has a built in vpn that can be set for Canada. This works for streaming the CBC. 

Michael. Opera very recently changed their vpn service (which in fact is not a vpn despite what is advertized but just a proxy).  At this moment it seems that everything is routing through their euro proxy.   The change seems to have come with the most recent updates of Opera. Previously one could choose Canada, USA, Netherlands, Germany and Singapore, now all that is gone.

23 hours ago, Copa said:

I’ll see what I can work out.... TWP has a few players known in Australia this season and it’d be good to see how they play.

31438E2D-363C-4400-9A36-2A954AE59877.jpeg

Interesting.  Last time I checked cbc on geoblocking, admittedly at least a year ago, they were not geoblocking.  Its stupid to geoblock since anyone with even a modicum of knowhow can get around it.

The best vpn is PerfectPrivacy out of Switzerland.  They are however also the most expensive.  My 2nd choice would be ExpressVPN who is also much cheaper then PP.  ExpressVPN is also superb for streaming and getting around geoblocking.  You will see heavily advertized vpn services like PIA, Cyberghost, Nord and many others.  Avoid them.

Let me know if you need urls, I am assuming such information is not to be posted publicly on the forum but I can certainly send you a private message with any info you need on this matter.

2 hours ago, Captain Survival said:

I was referring to the cost of the vpn service, not my advice! lol  My advice is free on this matter.

Michael. Opera very recently changed their vpn service (which in fact is not a vpn despite what is advertized but just a proxy).  At this moment it seems that everything is routing through their euro proxy.   The change seems to have come with the most recent updates of Opera. Previously one could choose Canada, USA, Netherlands, Germany and Singapore, now all that is gone.

Interesting.  Last time I checked cbc on geoblocking, admittedly at least a year ago, they were not geoblocking.  Its stupid to geoblock since anyone with even a modicum of knowhow can get around it.

The best vpn is PerfectPrivacy out of Switzerland.  They are however also the most expensive.  My 2nd choice would be ExpressVPN who is also much cheaper then PP.  ExpressVPN is also superb for streaming and getting around geoblocking.  You will see heavily advertized vpn services like PIA, Cyberghost, Nord and many others.  Avoid them.

Let me know if you need urls, I am assuming such information is not to be posted publicly on the forum but I can certainly send you a private message with any info you need on this matter.

Sounds to me like you really know your way around a computer and various programming problems...let me guess...Waterloo grad?

TV schedule for 25-28 January (all times EST)

Thursday

From 6PM - Sevens World Series Sydney on CBC Sports website

Friday

Until 5AM - Sevens World Series Sydney on CBC Sports website

2.45 PM - Friendly - Bradford v Toronto on BCB 106.6fm & http://www.bcbradio.co.uk (video will probably be posted on Bulls and Wolfpack websites after the game)

From 5PM - Sevens World Series Sydney on CBC Sports website

Saturday

Until 5AM - Sevens World Series Sydney on CBC Sports website

9.00 AM - Challenge Cup 1st Round - Rochdale Mayfield v Crosfields on BBC Sport website (probably requires VPN)

9.30 AM - Elite 1 - St-Estève XIII Catalan v SO Avignon on FFR XIII TV (no VPN required)

From 6PM - Sevens World Series Sydney on CBC Sports website

8.00 PM - RUWC Qualifier - Canada v Uruguay on TSN1 

Sunday

Until 5.30AM - Sevens World Series Sydney on CBC Sports website

On 1/21/2018 at 10:14 PM, Kayakman said:

Sounds to me like you really know your way around a computer and various programming problems...let me guess...Waterloo grad?

Haha, you already know the answer to that. 

19 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Or Russian Canadian?

Nope.  Dated a few lovely Russian Canadians but I am of Irish (50%) descent with some French and Italian in the mix.

7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

The Captain could be working for the Russians but I don't think so...am contacting 'The Donald' to confirm.

Working against them would be more correct.  And against The Donald as well given his Russian ties.

On 22 January 2018 at 12:58 AM, Captain Survival said:

didn't realise that Opera would no longer work. Are there any free ways of watching the CBC abroad?

Archived