RL on Canadian TV

manu266

TV schedule for 1-4 February (all times EST)

Thursday

2.30 PM - Super League - Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos on SNW

Friday

From 5PM - Sevens World Series Hamilton on CBC Sports website

Saturday

2.30 AM - Super League -  St. Helens vs. Castleford Tigers on SNW

1.00 PM - Sevens World Series Hamilton on CBC TV

3.00 PM - RUWC Qualifier - Uruguay v Canada on TSN1 

From 4PM - Sevens World Series Hamilton on CBC Sports website

Sunday

9.00 AM - Elite 1 - XIII Limouxin vs Palau XIII Broncos on FFR XIII TV

10.00 AM - Championship - Leigh Centurions vs. Toronto Wolfpack on Game TV and CBC Sports website

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TV schedule for 8-11 February (all times EST)

Thursday

2.30 PM - Super League – Leeds v Hull KR on SNW TV (repeat 7.30PM, 2.30AM)

Friday

2.30 PM – Super League - Wakefield Trinity v Salford Red Devils on SNW NOW (no TV repeat)

Saturday

3.30 AM - Super League -  Wigan Warriors v Hull FC on SNW NOW

9.00 AM – Challenge Cup Round 2 – Featherstone Lions v Thatto Heath on BBC website (no VPN required)

12.00 PM – Super League - Catalan Dragons v St Helens on SNW NOW (no TV repeat)

13.00 PM – Elite 1 – Albi v Lézignan-Corbières on FFRXIII TV (en même temps que les Dracs!!!! pourquoi ????)

2.30 PM - Super League -  Wigan Warriors v Hull FC on SNW TV

6.00 PM – RU Americas Championship - USA v Canada on TSN1 

Sunday

10.00 AM - Championship – Barrow Raiders v Toronto Wolfpack on Game TV and CBC Sports website (BBC Radio Cumbria starts the coverage at 9am)

1 minute ago, manu266 said:

Week one highlight show. Very nice, thanks.

How do you feel about the wolfcast boys? they get good interviews but their general lack of knowledge about the game and the team in their 2nd year of doing the show is a bit of sore spot for me, it hurts sometimes listening to them. But they have good interviews with players and coaches so i listen...it's their saving grace right now.

TV schedule for 15-18 February (all times EST)

Thursday

2.30 PM - Super League – Hull KR v Catalan Dragons on SNW TV (repeat 2.30AM)

Friday

4.00 AM – World Club Challenge -  Melbourne Storm v Leeds Rhinos on SNW NOW & Fox League (watchNRL.com)

2.30 PM – Super League – Widnes Vikings v Warrington Wolves on SNW NOW

9.00 PM - NRL Trials - NZ Warriors v Melbourne Storm on Fox League (watchNRL.com)

Saturday

1.45 AM – World Club Friendly – South Sydney Rabbitohs v Wigan Warriors on SNW NOW & Fox League (watchNRL.com)

3.45 AM – World Club Friendly – St-George Dragons v Hull FC on SNW NOW & Fox League (watchNRL.com)

9.30 PM – RU Americas Championship – Brazil v Canada on TSN5 

Sunday

10.00 AM - Championship – Halifax RLFC v Toronto Wolfpack on Game TV & CBC Sports website

1 hour ago, manu266 said:

Friday

4.00 AM – World Club Challenge -  Melbourne Storm v Leeds Rhinos on SNW NOW & Fox League (watchNRL.com)

I want to watch this game, and I subscribe to Sportsnet World. It looks to me as if the game will be streamed live, but not broadcast on the TV channel I pay for. Is there a way to watch the game later? I don't want to watch it enough to get up at 4am!

Just now, John WP Fan said:

I want to watch this game, and I subscribe to Sportsnet World. It looks to me as if the game will be streamed live, but not broadcast on the TV channel I pay for. Is there a way to watch the game later? I don't want to watch it enough to get up at 4am!

I figured it out. Sportsnet World NOW has a 24-hour lookback feature, so I can watch the game any time Friday.

17 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

I figured it out. Sportsnet World NOW has a 24-hour lookback feature, so I can watch the game any time Friday.

Only 24 hours? One more reason to get the NRL app for me. I need a full week to catch-up. I'll take SNW for Summer Bash/Magic Weekend and then for the playoffs (and maybe for NZ Tour of England/Europe if they show it).

18 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

Resident Rumbler on You Tube will probably post it.

2 hours ago, manu266 said:

Only 24 hours? One more reason to get the NRL app for me. I need a full week to catch-up. I'll take SNW for Summer Bash/Magic Weekend and then for the playoffs (and maybe for NZ Tour of England/Europe if they show it).

I try to watch them ASAP, with a slim hope of doing so before I read something about the result! It really spoils it for me if I know the outcome before I watch.

Go Storm!

2 hours ago, manu266 said:

Isn't Summer bash and the qualifiers being shown in Canada on Game TV? i know the qualifiers are 100% but not sure about the bash....seeing as its a regular season fixture i expect it would be.

Actually I never really paid attention about what SNW does with the Summer Bash. Did they show it in the past?

Sky will show all Summer Bash games in the UK and Game TV / CBC should show the Wolfpack game. But if SNW shows all other games, I'll activate SNW for sure because anyway I'll activate it for Magic Weekend as well (broadcast of TWP game on that weekend still tbc).

For Qualifiers, Game TV / CBC will show all Wolfpack games and that's enough for me. I'll reactivate SNW only for SL semis and GF.

5 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

I try to watch them ASAP, with a slim hope of doing so before I read something about the result! It really spoils it for me if I know the outcome before I watch.

Go Storm!

Whoa, whoa, whoa there John. Shouldn’t you be supporting the team from the league set up TWP are involved with i.e. Leeds Rhinos?

rldfsignature.jpg

18 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa there John. Shouldn’t you be supporting the team from the league set up TWP are involved with i.e. Leeds Rhinos?

They have some appeal as the underdog, but I can identify more with the Melbourne team as outsiders from a non-traditional RL locale who rock the boat a little (and I am not condoning their past cheating), plus I LOVED Melbourne when I visited in 2014.

1 hour ago, John WP Fan said:

They have some appeal as the underdog, but I can identify more with the Melbourne team as outsiders from a non-traditional RL locale who rock the boat a little (and I am not condoning their past cheating), plus I LOVED Melbourne when I visited in 2014.

Good Thinking. We tend to forget that RL or even a rectangular stadium in Melbourne are still relatively new things. And they only had their first born and bred player in 2010 I think... so no worries if it takes time to get more Canadians in the Wolfpack roster.

Very nice city too, they don't play the good football code but nice atmosphere, nice people, nice public transport, craft beer everywhere...

But my wife is from Maroubra so, GO BUNNIES!

5 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

10 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

Go Storm!

I'm with the Rhionos...I know....I KNOW!!!ITS CRAZY OUT THERE!...but I've been reading that book my wife just gave me (100 DAYS of Rugby League)....thats a good book...I recommend it to all new fans to the  game from NA ...I'm learning alot...especially to fully understand the game, new to us in the New World, which is fair.....

ITS A GREAT BOOK!

5 hours ago, manu266 said:

Good Thinking. We tend to forget that RL or even a rectangular stadium in Melbourne are still relatively new things. And they only had their first born and bred player in 2010 I think... so no worries if it takes time to get more Canadians in the Wolfpack roster.

Very nice city too, they don't play the good football code but nice atmosphere, nice people, nice public transport, craft beer everywhere...

But my wife is from Maroubra so, GO BUNNIES!

Lovely City....Home of the Australian Open (Tennis).....and.......pinguino's (Spanish for penguins)....the worlds favourite feathered bird.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:48 PM, John WP Fan said:

I was unable to find the game on SN Now :-(

So I signed up for the watchnrl free trial. Had some audio dropouts, and the thing froze up completely around 51:00, then played fine after restarting. First half was exciting, until things started go8ng as expected...

42 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

I was unable to find the game on SN Now :-(

So I signed up for the watchnrl free trial. Had some audio dropouts, and the thing froze up completely around 51:00, then played fine after restarting. First half was exciting, until things started go8ng as expected...

It is here.

image.thumb.png.6d0e407d44e148d7f8a37d82705e6aa0.png 

SNW TV had a replay of Hull KR - Catalan (brilliant idea SN, brilliant) and WCC live stream was on SN Now schedule.

You didn't find the link at all or the link wasn't working?

I woke up at 5 and from the NRL app used the watch from beginning option, skipped the pregame show straight to the kick-off. 

Perfect picture on a 43 screen, no freeze, no audio problem...Fox commentaries so so though...

Archived