RL on Canadian TV

manu266

10 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Lol love that you put the RU stuff in small font 

Hehe, I don't think i did it on purpose but anyway it's the size they diserve...

Good that the last 6 Nations game is on NBC though (even if Ireland is already Champion), we had more Six Nations these past seasons thanks to TV5 but that all stopped this year for obscure reasons (no other Canadian broadcasters has got the rights, only some pubs are allowed to show the games).

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TV schedule for 22-25 March (all times EDT)

All NRL games live and on demand on watchnrl.com. NSW and Queensland Cup game not available on demand, so I’ll stop mentioning them here.

All eyes on Melbourne this weekend for the 2017 Grand Final rematch… and yes of course for the “other sport” and Formula One season starts (both on TSN).

Thursday

9.30 AM - NRL - Melbourne Storm v North Queensland Cowboys on SNW TV

3.30 PM – Super League – Widnes Vikings v Salford Red Devils on SN NOW and SNW TV (repeat at 7.30 PM)

Friday

9.30 AM - NRL - Wests Tigers v Brisbane Broncos on SNW TV

3.30 PM - Championship - Rochdale Hornets v Toronto Wolfpack on Game TV and CBC Sports Website

3.30 PM – Super League – Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers on SN NOW (repeat on SNW TV at 7.30 AM and 3.30 PM Saturday)

Saturday

Sweet f*** all (but some repeats, see Friday and 3 NRL games on Fox League)

Sunday

7.30 AM - NRL - Gold Coast Titans v St George Illawarra on SNW TV

9.00 AM - Elite 1 - Racing Club Albi v Sporting Olympique Avignon on FFRXIII TV

10.00 AM - League 1 - Bradford Bulls v Hunslet Hawks on http://facebook.com/propersportradio

For fans of XV, as usual, Aviva Premiership on SNW and SN NOW, Pro14 on dazn, Super Rugby on TSN GO and 1 match du Top14 sur TV5 samedi matin à 9h40.

18 minutes ago, Smoketrail said:

Was in kingston friday looking for a pub to watch the wolfpack. Unfortunately couldnt find one that knew they had gametv. Frustrating. Shouldve found what channel it is. Hoping yhe wolfpack get more popular so i dont have to worry about it.

Jump on board Smoketrail....follow the plume coming from Lamport...good eats and drinks at the main fire whenm our boys finally come home after the long sojourn in a strange and distant land.

9 hours ago, Smoketrail said:

Was in kingston friday looking for a pub to watch the wolfpack. Unfortunately couldnt find one that knew they had gametv. Frustrating. Shouldve found what channel it is. Hoping yhe wolfpack get more popular so i dont have to worry about it.

First rule for out of town Wolfpack Fans: always know the local number of Game TV. Bell Sat 274, Shaw Sat 405, then check your local listings. And also pray that there are no other events like the Masters or a huge soccer game already on the screens.

I'm surprised about Kingston though. I stopped there and also in Belleville coming back from Lamport, and most people knew about TWP, and also told me that Rugby XV (not using the Union/League anymore sorry) is usually on TV on the weekend. Maybe it was just the Friday staff and patrons not aware of it.

But yeah, we still have a lot of work to promote TWP out of the GTHA. For next season, a TV contract with TSN/Sportsnet is a must I guess. And a NA rival in a big US city would help too.

9 hours ago, Smoketrail said:

The Iron Duke or Toucan are your best bet for Rugby.  Kingston is a big rugby town.

Kingston Panthers RFC has 400+ members, 3 Mens XV and an Old Boys, Womens have 2 XV.  We also have a significant junior program with Mini U12, U14, U16, U18 in both mens and womens.  

Queens University has 3 Mens XVs and are Ontario Champions.  Queens also has 2 Womens XVs and they compete nationally.  Royal Military College has 2x Mens XV and a Womens XV.  St Lawrence College also has a Mens and Womens XV.

We need a League side now ?

TV schedule for 29 March - 2 April (all times EDT)

All NRL games live and on demand on watchnrl.com. 

Thursday

9.30 AM - NRL - North Queensland Cowboys v Penrith Panthers on SNW TV

2.30 PM – Super League – Wakefield Wildcats v Castleford Tigers on SN NOW and SNW TV (repeat at 7.30 PM)

Friday

7.30 AM - Super League - Hull Kingston Rovers v Hull FC on SNW TV and SN NOW

10.00 AM - Super League - St Helens v Wigan Warriors on SNW TV and SN NOW

1.00 PM - Championship - Featherstone Rovers v Toronto Wolfpack on Game TV and CBC Sports Website

1.00 PM - League 1 - Bradford Bulls v Oldham Roughyeds on http://facebook.com/propersportradio

Monday

8.30 AM - Championship - Toulouse Olympique v Toronto Wolfpack on Game TV and CBC Sports Website

10.00 AM - Super league - Widnes Vikings v St Helenson on SNW TV and SN NOW

12.00 PM - Super League - Catalan Dragons v Huddersfield Giantson on SNW TV and SN NOW

For fans of XV, lots of European Cup games on SNW and SN NOW and Super Rugby on TSN GO.

1 hour ago, Evil Homer said:

Interesting that they're televising the Toulouse match, not sure who the host broadcaster for that would be.

Would be good if you can get a pub somewhere showing the Super League derbies before the TWP match on Friday.

Ignore.

rldfsignature.jpg

7 hours ago, Evil Homer said:

Interesting that they're televising the Toulouse match, not sure who the host broadcaster for that would be.

Would be good if you can get a pub somewhere showing the Super League derbies before the TWP match on Friday.

Voilà:

image.png.5fbc0ed2e2d7fa3f82046f09dfa481c4.png

Maximum visibility for TOXIII, I hope they'll do the same for the magic weekend game.

TV schedule for 5-8 April (all times EDT)

Hong Kong Sevens on CBC Sports website

Thursday

9.30 AM - NRL - Canberra Raiders v Canterbury Bulldogs on SNW TV

Friday

9.30 AM - NRL - St George Illawarra v South Sydney Rabbitohs on SNW TV

2.45 PM - Super League - St Helens v Hull FC on SN NOW

Saturday

10.15 AM - Super League - Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves on SN NOW

12.15 PM - Super League - Catalan Dragons v Wigan Warriors on SN NOW

1.00 PM - HSBC Men's World Rugby Sevens - Hong Kong on CBC TV

Sunday

7.00 AM - NRL - Gold Coast Titans v Manly Sea Eagles on SNW TV

9.30 AM  - Elite 1 - St Gaudens v Albi on FFRXIII TV

10.00 AM - Championship - Batley Bulldogs v Toronto Wolfpack on Game TV and CBC Sports Website

10.00 AM - League One - Workington Town v Bradford Bulls on http://facebook.com/propersportradio 

TV schedule for 12-15 April (all times EDT)

Thursday

9.30 AM - NRL - Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs on SNW TV

2.30 PM - SL - Widnes Vikings v Hull FC on SN NOW and SNW TV (repeat 7.30 PM)

Friday

9.30 AM - NRL - Melbourne Storm v Newcastle Knights on SNW TV

2.30 PM - SL - Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors on SN NOW

Sunday

7.00 AM - NRL - Penrith Panthers v Canterbury Bulldogs on SNW TV

10.00 AM - Championship - Dewsbury Rams v Toronto Wolfpack on Game TV and CBC Sports Website

10.00 AM - League One - Bradford Bulls v Covenrty Bears on http://facebook.com/propersportradio

Also BBC has chosen to show York-Catalans next weekend. So I hope someone set up a stream for Barrow-TWP (22 April at 10AM).

14 hours ago, ojx said:

Is there any chance that the Challenge Cup game against Barrow will be televised (or streamed)?

2 radio streams confirmed:

image.png.a0aca30c26851a8d177b60f3504fbee3.png

No video so far.

On 15 April 2018 at 4:19 AM, krakauer said:

Most games are on demand via CBC, unfortunately for the fans elsewhere this is geoblocked (hope you Brexit well and we soon unite under Crown again).

Thanks for posting these. I hope you can add the home opener next weekend as well as I'll be on an airplane when the match kicks off. 

5 hours ago, Michael1812 said:

Thanks for posting these. I hope you can add the home opener next weekend as well as I'll be on an airplane when the match kicks off. 

Well I'm flying away too, Tuesday actually, so I'll test torontowolfpacktv as an oversee user this time, I've had terrible experience with that service as a Canadian subscriber though, I hope this works better on the other side of the World.

So If you are outside Canada and the United Kingdom, you can subscribe for a month or just a game, don't remember the prices, will post them once I'm in.

If you are in Brexit country and can't find a pub that wants to show Premier, you can subscibe to Premier Online for 10£, valid a month. You can cancel anytime, but always at least 10 days before the next billing.

Of course, for the Challenge Cup game, BBC will show the game in the UK, Ireland, and some other European countries.

We still don't know who's gonna show it in Canada and the rest of the World.

4 hours ago, manu266 said:

Well I'm flying away too, Tuesday actually, so I'll test torontowolfpacktv as an oversee user this time, I've had terrible experience with that service as a Canadian subscriber though, I hope this works better on the other side of the World.

So If you are outside Canada and the United Kingdom, you can subscribe for a month or just a game, don't remember the prices, will post them once I'm in.

If you are in Brexit country and can't find a pub that wants to show Premier, you can subscibe to Premier Online for 10£, valid a month. You can cancel anytime, but always at least 10 days before the next billing.

Of course, for the Challenge Cup game, BBC will show the game in the UK, Ireland, and some other European countries.

We still don't know who's gonna show it in Canada and the rest of the World.

I'll be flying from the UK to Canada. Not great timing on my part. 

Archived