RL on Canadian TV

manu266

4 hours ago, Michael1812 said:

I'll be flying from the UK to Canada. Not great timing on my part. 

Then you are all set, once you land, just get to CBC sports and you'll be able to replay the game.

I'm flying from the UK back to Canada on May 13... worse timing ever. I hope I can replay the Challenge Cup game somehow.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looks like the Leigh vs. Salford game will be on Sportsnet World TV at 2:30AM Saturday morning.  They have it listed under European Challenge Cup, which I thought was some union bs.

Let's hope the powers that be figure this out soon so we can watch the Wolfpack game on this side of the pond.

1 hour ago, Michael1812 said:

That sucks. I had just set up for Toulouse match to record this weekend on game tv. 

I wonder how many people have Sportsnet world?

I've had SN world since the start of the Super League season and I've watched about 1-2 Super League games a week.  If you include the few NRL games a week I think it's alright value for the extra cost.

Too bad it's not on game tv for most to see, but you can always order SN world for a few weeks and cancel it right after.  This weekend there will be 5 games from Magic Weekend on SN world, and all of them should be crackers.(Not sure if I'm doing that right)

Will Wolfpack games in the middle 8s, should they get there, be on SN world too?  I hope this isn't a sign of things to come because more Wolfpack games on SN world means less exposure for them outside the GTA.

1 hour ago, timmysauce said:

Will Wolfpack games in the middle 8s, should they get there, be on SN world too?  I hope this isn't a sign of things to come because more Wolfpack games on SN world means less exposure for them outside the GTA.

Sky own the games in the middle 8s, so they will only be on SportsNet.  I didn't know that the channel was not available outside of the GTA. They also have an online service that can be paid for.

Yes.  The middle 8s will be on Sportsnet but which channel, SN world or regular Sportsnet?  

Those games will be great games to watch but a lot of people aren't willing to pay extra for SN world.  Having Wolfpack games on a specialty channel won't help to grow the game in Canada, the game which I found while flipping on basic cable last spring.

33 minutes ago, timmysauce said:

Yes.  The middle 8s will be on Sportsnet but which channel, SN world or regular Sportsnet?  

Those games will be great games to watch but a lot of people aren't willing to pay extra for SN world.  Having Wolfpack games on a specialty channel won't help to grow the game in Canada, the game which I found while flipping on basic cable last spring.

Exactly. Sportsnet has many chanels so I hope they don't bury them on Sportsnet world as most people won't be able to watch. 

1 hour ago, ojx said:

So the Magic game is on Sportsnet World overflow.  What does "overflow" mean?

I was wondering the same thing!

Looks like this:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/sn-world/plus-channels/

Plus-Channels.png

No indication if this is available on other cable systems. I can only find the one Sportsnet World channel on my Bell Fibe system.

If I weren't attending these games live, I would be disappointed that even though I am paying extra for Sportsnet World, the live broadcast is being taken off GameTV and I would have to watch a delayed transmission (shutting off all my social media to avoid spoilers, as I do when I have a conflict and cannot watch the game live). Not the end of the world, but disappointing, and if this is what we have to expect for the middle 8s I'll be a bit grumpy about it.

1 hour ago, ojx said:

So the Magic game is on Sportsnet World overflow.  What does "overflow" mean?

If you get Sportsnet world directly from Rogers, they have extra channel that only broadcast when needed. I think there are about 5 of these for Sportsnet world. They started when the premier league was only on Sportsnet and they would broadcast over 5 live matches at once. 

Not sure if the other cable providers have the overflow chanels. 

I am staying with family in Canada who don't have Sportsnet world, so  I won't be watching unless it gets replayed on one of the other Sportsnet chanels. 

I guess I will have to sign up for SNNOW then. Gang of thiefs... and amateurs.

10 hours ago, ojx said:

Sky own the games in the middle 8s, so they will only be on SportsNet.  I didn't know that the channel was not available outside of the GTA. They also have an online service that can be paid for.

The fact that Sky owns the rights in Britain should have no impact in Canada but apparently the rule seems to be if Sky shows it, it's SN property. I remember TWP twitted that all post season games will be filmed and broadcast in Canada. Either Sky films them or TWP. We now know that most likely these 7 games might end up on one of the SN channels.

I'm not surprised by this mess, I expressed concerns way before the season started. At least the NRL coverage this season has been great. RFL and TWP: learn from it please...

38 minutes ago, NickWeaver said:

At least SN Now is free if you have sportsnet as part of your TV Package.

euhhhh, no, not at all, even if you have SN World, you still can't watch live event on SN Now if SN World doesn't show it live as well...

Trying to log into Sportsnet now with my dad's account (he has a cable package with Rogers for all of the Sportsnet chanels except World) but it is still asking me to pay.

I am currently in a queue to speak with someone at Rogers as it should be free. I'll let you all know how it goes as it may be beneficial for others in the same circumstances. 

Just now, Michael1812 said:

I was on with Rogers for a hour and a half and eventually got passed to technical support who have opened a ticket and will get back to me in about 48 hours. I guess I'll see how that goes. 

Michael, your fortitude, patience, and devotion to RL is astonishing!!!

12 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Ha. I'm holiday staying at my parents and it was raining so I decided it would be a good time to give it a try. 

11 minutes ago, Michael1812 said:

I was on with Rogers for a hour and a half and eventually got passed to technical support who have opened a ticket and will get back to me in about 48 hours. I guess I'll see how that goes. 

9 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Indeed thx for your time. We need more people like you in the media world.

Other that the delayed coverage of TWP and Tigers-Rhinos games on SNW, I don't see anything on the SNNOW line-up for Saturday. So difficult to confirm if I'll have access to the game with my classic SN and SN1 subscription.

Aviva semis are on the board + the Final of the FA Cup on SN1 and SNW. yayyyy...

Archived