RL on Canadian TV

manu266

10 hours ago, timmysauce said:

I'm not sure if Super League or NRL games were on SN1 last year but this is wonderful news.  People need to watch, or record these games so Rogers can see a demand for Rugby League.

Here's what I found so far.  All games on SN1 Eastern time.

Wigan vs. Leeds  - 8pm Thursday June 28

Catalans vs. Castleford - 4pm Saturday June 30 (Isn't there something else going on then?)

Huddersfield vs. Hull FC - 7pm Thursday July 5

Penrith vs. New Zealand - 7pm Friday July 6

Now let's hope the middle 8s will also make an appearance on SN1.

Apparently they also have:

NRL Broncos - Raiders - 2pm & 8pm Saturday 30

SN is definitely testing the market for the Qualifiers and next season. With the growing exposure of Union on TSN and DAZN, it's good to see that League has a good window on SN. Meanwhile TSN is in World Cup mode, so SN doesn't really take a huge risk here, let's hope the ratings exceed their expectation. The scheduling of the Catalans game is unfortunately not the best decision they made though.

Would be nice if 3B could show the NRL game instead of soccer before the WP game Saturday.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

Hey, I can’t find the third State of Origin game in my listings? Did this get bumped by all the guys on bikes?

Guys on bikes getting drugs, nice name for a Netflix show.

Don't worry, SOO III is live and ad-break free on SNWL + several replays. But your right, it's not on the usual listings.

image.thumb.png.dddd36d838d968155fd6956c06ebed23.png

Live and on demand on watchNRL too.

7 minutes ago, manu266 said:

Guys on bikes getting drugs, nice name for a Netflix show.

Don't worry, SOO III is live and ad-break free on SNWL + several replays. But your right, it's not on the usual listings.

image.thumb.png.dddd36d838d968155fd6956c06ebed23.png

Live and on demand on watchNRL too.

Strange, on my Bell Fibe listings, I still don’t see it. I’ll record starting at 6am and hope it’s just the Bell listings that are not correct! Merci!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, John WP Fan said:

Is there hope that the Challenge Cup semi-finals will magically appear in the listings before Sunday?

The ones I posted about are the Challenge cup weekend sorry I forgot to put the date.

They have games in the 4-8pm time slots on both Saturday and Sunday.

The NRL Games are Dragons vs. Warriors on Saturday and Panthers vs. Raiders on Sunday

1 hour ago, John WP Fan said:

Is there hope that the Challenge Cup semi-finals will magically appear in the listings before Sunday?

Well I don't think any network bought the broadcast rights in Canada, so very few chances I would say.

If you know a pubin Toronto with US networks, Fox Soccer Plus has both games live. Or UK VPN and the BBC.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:10 PM, NickWeaver said:

Just been Looking at the schedule on Sportsnet and they are showing the following games on Sportsnet 1:

• A Super League game at 4pm
  • NRL Pathers vs. Raiders at 6pm

Thats for this Sunday, and Saturday they will show SL again at 4PM and NRL Warriors v Dragons at 6PM.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:10 PM, NickWeaver said:

Just been Looking at the schedule on Sportsnet and they are showing the following games on Sportsnet 1:

• A Super League game at 4pm
  • NRL Pathers vs. Raiders at 6pm

What date, today?

Sportsnet One update: no more SL games this weekend but NRL games confirmed Saturday at 6PM and Sunday at 4PM.

And the first game of the Q confirmed on SNWL, crucial game to give us a good idea on Widnes compared to #2 of the Championship.

image.png.fc87bd688b9e50d90185fcf26fc8d7cb.png

4 minutes ago, Michael1812 said:

Have the Wolfpack said if all of their matches will be broadcasted in Canada?

They have only said they are working on it. I think it's more complicated than the regular season because of the intersection of rights as we play SL clubs. I hope they can work out something so we can watch every game, especially the 3 in England (I'll be attending all the home games!). I think it's likely some will wind up on Sportsnet World, which costs extra. I may have a viewing party or two...

2 minutes ago, Michael1812 said:

Have the Wolfpack said if all of their matches will be broadcasted in Canada?

Not yet, there are too busy tweeting about their drop kick challenge.

I don't think the Halifax game will be shown on TV, Sky would have taken the feed, maybe an amateur video stream, most likely just radio.

But all other games will be. All home games and Sky taking Salford and most probably Leeds (unconfirmed at this stage). It's not too bad.

I'm also guessing that the Sky crew will travel to Toronto should they host the MPG.

35 minutes ago, manu266 said:

I don't think the Halifax game will be shown on TV, Sky would have taken the feed, maybe an amateur video stream, most likely just radio.

This is not acceptable. I have to watch that game, come on TWP, work some of your magic.

4 hours ago, manu266 said:

Not yet, there are too busy tweeting about their drop kick challenge.

If I were judged for only my outward facing written communications, it would probably appear to my bosses I was "too busy" doing other things. Nevermind that I spend anywhere from 4-6 hours in conference calls and meetings.

Their marketing team can be doing several things at once, you know. 

14 minutes ago, timmysauce said:

Has anyone found a way to watch the challenge cup semi-final games in Canada this weekend?  I haven't found anything through any of the sportsnet channels, I'm a little bit disappointed in this.

They called it globalization. They just forgot to apply it to television business. No chance on a Canadian channel. Only through unofficial streaming or VPN BBC. Or join me at station des sports in Montreal for a rl brunch.

Widnes vs London is televised by Sky on Thursday, but doesn't seem to be on the SportsNet schedule. Of course, they need nearly every channel to be covering the tennis tournament. Hopefully it will pop up later as one of the extra online feeds.

sportsnet-thurs-aug-9.thumb.png.c00b507fb0a4fd82784281ec6894a457.png

25 minutes ago, ojx said:

Widnes vs London is televised by Sky on Thursday, but doesn't seem to be on the SportsNet schedule. Of course, they need nearly every channel to be covering the tennis tournament. Hopefully it will pop up later as one of the extra online feeds.

Widnes London is confirmed on SN World by several tv guides, Castelford Wigan as well. No sign of the Toulouse game so far and no word for the Wolfpack.

image.png.1296c6c7204267ec35ee40e1e2290a7d.png

Archived