RL on Canadian TV

manu266

Two good news this week: this is the first international soccer break of the season and no Canadian TV will show the Nations League, so that means more space for rugby right? Well RU mostly…

Wigan – Wakefield Th. Live on SNWL and at 7PM on SN1
Hull FC – Castleford Fr. live on SNNOW and at midnight on SNWL
Salford – Toronto live on Gametv, CBC sports and SNWL
No coverage of the Catalans game apparently

SN1 will show English RU, Saturday 5pm and Sunday 4pm.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, manu266 said:

I just realised that Sky has confirmed the Leeds-Wolfpack game in their line-up.

Also...

image.png.d6d3ace074620a0f934e21f5261d85cb.png

That could mean a 2PM kickoff in Toronto.

yes but on Thanksgiving Sunday. I was able to say no family events on the Saturday but now that they moved it to the Sunday its going to be me watching it on the PVR at night now...so pumped..yay. 

48 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

We are going to take them down...on Thanksgiving Sunday no less....talk about karma.  The stars are aligning my friends. 

Why are you guys not considering a top 3 finish?  Beat Widnes and Leeds (K-Man considers that to be a "given"), and we're on 10 points and that might give us a top 3 dependant on other results and points difference.  I'd prefer that to the do or die of the MPG.  Think positive guys.

I've got a nasty feeling Widnes will save their best Qualifiers performance for us on Saturday and it will be a lot closer than people might think.

It will be the only game i'll get to this year as there will be a presentation for Jamie Lester, the man who began RL again in 2010 will be leaving Canada to return to Christchurch, NZ later this year.  Several of the ex-Wolverines players and staff will be there to give him a good send off.  Jamie played for, coached and ran the Toronto City Saints team and the Ontario League, played for and coached the Wolverines and served on board of the Canada Rugby League Association.  Eric Perez deserves his plaudits as making RL a spectacle in Canada, but it was Jamie Lester who led the players and I personally will be sad to see him go.

I remember being on the Rugby League Planet forum around 2009 when Jamie was pondering whether to resurrect RL in Canada. Myself and the other members gave him the encouragement and the rest, as they say, is history. Parky, on the general forum, always claims Eric Perez restarted RL in Canada but I always reply pointing out who it really was. It would be good if they named a CRL trophy after him. Come to think of it, didn’t you used to post on the RLP forums Cana? Or was that RLFans?  Jamie may or may not remember me but give him my best wishes for the future and his move back to Christchurch when you next see him please Cana. 

rldfsignature.jpg

Another week, another disappointing RL showing on SN World.  There are 2 other games in the qualifiers that will be televised on Sky, but nothing on SN World which is a premium sports channel.  On SN World I can watch just about every premiership rugby game and hours and hours and hours of sportsnet world review, but not 2 important end of season games in whats suppose to be one of the top levels of RL.

I hope someone from Rogers reads this board, because next season I will not be paying that much for a sports channel which shows more review shows than live sports. And there is absolutely zero chance myself, or anyone else, should pay even more to sign up for SN Now just to watch every televised SL game.  If Canadian television coverage of the RFL continues to be poor next year, I see a very slow road ahead for growth of RL in the rest Canada (outside of the Southern Ontario).

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

Do they still show ‘Beachcombers’ on Canadian telly? It’s probably the only Canuck TV programme I can ever recall being shown in the UK on mainstream channels.

Yeah, 3pm on SportsNet World lol 

In all seriousness, it's probably still on DeJa View!  A classics channel, and they have strict Canadian content laws in Canada, so beachcombers are likely kicking around

Just now, deluded pom? said:

Do they still show ‘Beachcombers’ on Canadian telly? It’s probably the only Canuck TV programme I can ever recall being shown in the UK on mainstream channels.

Bruno is still on there looking for logs...Relic still up to his old tricks on the West Coast.

26 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Are the Great Danes still there? I think I only remember Nick, Jesse(?) and the dogs.

You are in way too deep for me DP...but the restaurant is still there in Gibsons serving up food I'm told by my brother.  Lots of development on the island where the series used to be set.

I am looking for a legal way to watch Sunday's Hull KR/Widnes game.

A year ago I bought a short subscription to Ace TV, I think to watch the million pound game. That service is no longer available.

Can anyone recommend a reliable legal streaming service that offers access to Sky TV for international viewers?

After a short search I have found 2 options:

tvwhenaway.co.uk: £3.99 for 1 week of access

https://www.123uktv.com/watch-sky-tv-canada/: looks like £6 for a month

Oh shoot, looking at the schedule, it looks like Sky is not even televising the Hull KR/Widnes game Sunday!

Is there any way to watch this live?

2 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

A year ago I bought a short subscription to Ace TV, I think to watch the million pound game. That service is no longer available.

Can anyone recommend a reliable legal streaming service that offers access to Sky TV for international viewers?

After a short search I have found 2 options:

tvwhenaway.co.uk: £3.99 for 1 week of access

https://www.123uktv.com/watch-sky-tv-canada/: looks like £6 for a month

Oh shoot, looking at the schedule, it looks like Sky is not even televising the Hull KR/Widnes game Sunday!

Is there any way to watch this live?

If Sky aren’t televising it John then it won’t be available unless of a last minute change of policy which I highly doubt will happen.

rldfsignature.jpg

3 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

Its £25 on the day if you go to Craven Park

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

2 hours ago, Michael1812 said:

How much is the flight from Canada?

one of your guys will know...the ones that have done the away trips....it will be flights to Manchester and the train or taxi to Hull......

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Here's a paper article I enjoyed reading. It's probably similar to many others but is a nice take on the WP:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/2018/09/29/toronto-wolfpack-fanbase-hooked-on-rugby-league.html

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Archived