So where do you think we will finish ?

The King Of Leon

Think Bradford will walk it  but the 2nd spot is well up for grabs.

Injuries and DR ( York / Donny ) to have a massive say but think we will be in the mix for 2nd spot, this would be hopefully how it will pan out .

1 Bradford

2 Hunslet

3 York

4 Doncaster

5 Whitehaven

6 Oldham

7 Keighley

8 Workington

9 Gateshead

10 London

11North Wales

12 Coventry

13 West Wales

14 Hemel

Any Opinions

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say King.

1. Bradford

2. York

3. Doncaster

4. Hunslet

5. Oldham

6. Whitehaven

7. Keighley

8. Workington

9. Gateshead

10. London

11. North Wales

12. Coventry

13. West Wales

14. Hemel

Think Bradford will get beat in at least a couple of away games maybe more. They are not as good as Toronto last season.  

5th will be a marked improvement on 2017 season.. 

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

On 16/01/2018 at 8:48 PM, The King Of Leon said:

Injuries and DR ( York / Donny ) to have a massive say but think we will be in the mix for 2nd spot, this would be hopefully how it will pan out .

1 Bradford

2 Hunslet

3 York

4 Doncaster

5 Whitehaven

6 Oldham

7 Keighley

8 Workington

9 Gateshead

10 London

11North Wales

12 Coventry

13 West Wales

14 Hemel

Any Opinions

If Hunslet finish above Newcastle I'll run naked around Leeds city centre wearing just a Hunslet scarf.

I'd be very surprised if you finished inside the top 6. 

3 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

If Hunslet finish above Newcastle I'll run naked around Leeds city centre wearing just a Hunslet scarf.

I'd be very surprised if you finished inside the top 6. 

If you want a match bet who will finish higher Hunslet v Newcastle ( regular season ) let me know Moscow

Ah, I love this time of year when supporters are flushed with bullishness at their teams' prospects for the new season! For what it's worth KOL, I think you have got the right teams in the top 4/5, plus Newcastle ... but not necessarily in the right order! I don't subscribe to the theory that Bradford are going to walk away with this division, and as for us, we've a lot of new players coming in so we must expect it to take a little time. Some of our new lads I know nothing about but I take encouragement from the fact that as new signings have been announced, no-one - including supporters of teams we've signed them from - has come out and said we've signed a donkey. 

So now for your next challenge ... what will the first choice 17 be? OK it's difficult until we've seen everybody, but I expect the first match proper to have a line-up something along the lines of

Watson

Gill
Mvududu
Chappell
Foggin-Johnson

Grimshaw
Southernwood

Haley
Lee (if he gets fit again)
Nicholson
Straugheir
Mallinder
Mackay

Subs
Flanagan
Reed
Coventry
+ any of about half a dozen; Sanderson, Flynn, Foster, Ashton, Gibson ...

On 16/01/2018 at 8:48 PM, The King Of Leon said:

1 Bradford

2 Hunslet

3 York

4 Doncaster

5 Whitehaven

6 Oldham

7 Keighley

8 Workington

9 Gateshead

10 London

11North Wales

12 Coventry

13 West Wales

14 Hemel

Any Opinions

workington finish 8th and i'll eat my hat

I would take top 4 finish now, it’s a very difficult league this year with some really good sides across the board.

Everyone has improved, including ourselves, we have got to make the South Leeds Stadium a hard place to come this year and try and nick some wins on the road. Won’t be easy but I’m confident we have the right coach and have a competitive squad to compete at the top end for change.

I don’t see Bradford getting it all their own way, i think they will find it hard. I fancy York Kingston Rovers to upset them first game of the season. That will certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons. 

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

Some good signings for other clubs this week , Greg Mc Nally gone to Bradford and Sean Penkyickw ( you try spelling it ) gone to Worky - 2 great signings , Mc Nally will score a hatful of tries backing up Chisholms Breaks and Penky will guide Worky around the Park. This league will certainly be tough this year. 

Think the only thing correct in those predictions above are the bottom three, everything else up for grabs as on their day, anyone of the 11 could beat any of the others....  I predict lots of 1.close and 2.blow-out games this year, but very tight in terms of league points.

Good luck boys, looking forward to your visit to Wrexham, had a good laugh and banter last season :)

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

On 1/16/2018 at 3:48 PM, The King Of Leon said:

1 Bradford

2 Hunslet

3 York

4 Doncaster

5 Whitehaven

6 Oldham

7 Keighley

8 Workington

9 Gateshead

10 London

11North Wales

12 Coventry

13 West Wales

14 Hemel

Any Opinions

I think your hope is a very ambitious.  I agree with others that top 6 is going to be tough.   Definitely Bradford, York, Whitehaven and Keighly I think have better prospects, and perhaps you underestimate Doncaster and Coventry.  But of course to be a fan a certain degree of optimism and blindness to reality is allowed! :biggrin:

On 1/23/2018 at 6:43 AM, The King Of Leon said:

Some good signings for other clubs this week , Greg Mc Nally gone to Bradford and Sean Penkyickw ( you try spelling it ) gone to Worky - 2 great signings , Mc Nally will score a hatful of tries backing up Chisholms Breaks and Penky will guide Worky around the Park. This league will certainly be tough this year. 

So Penky found another club!  We thought he perhaps was going to retire, in fact I think he said he was going to retire.  A great catch for Workington.  Penky is a really slippery devil, good with the offloads, good vision, and can call.  He might be the anchor Workington needs to turn things around. If he has the mentality for it they should give consideration to making him a vice captain.

• 2 weeks later...

After watching Sunday, i dont think it will be high enough to give us a chance of going up. We need to improve big time.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

Missed Sunday but went to York which was a ridiculous final score.It was 12-6 with 4 mins to go and we were battering  their line for a draw. I cant see Bradford losing a game tbh they have gone DR with Toronto ( how the mighty fall ) and now can use Toronto,s players like Butler - Fleming who looked decent for York ( they must be sick losing him ). We are all playing for 2nd spot. One thing I will say is the lad Tom Ashton  should be in the 2nd row , hes big enough and makes hard yards.

Archived