So where do you think we will finish ?

The King Of Leon

Losing Flanagan was a bitter blow to my top 2 predictions but if we can get Walker back on the park plus maybe Grimmer and Daley Williams for the play offs then we still have a chance to get out of this league. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, Hawkwindbag said:

In four weeks time after 17th June, everybody will have played everybody else once, and the table will more accurately reflect the situation in the division ... let's revisit this again then.

So then as promised, time to revisit this, exactly half-way through the season and everybody has played everybody else once. And lo and behold, there we are tucked nicely in the top five!

1 Bradford      13  12  0  1  587  143  24
2 York              13  11  0  2  585  172  22
3 Oldham        13  10  0  3  470  150  20
4 Hunslet        13    9  0  4  410  278  18
5 Keighley       13    8  0  5  540  303  16
6 Workington 13    8  0  5  421  257  16
7 Doncaster   13    8  0  5  419  261  16
8 Newcastle   13    7  0  6  414  278  14
9 Whitehaven 13    7  0  6  374  283  14

Interesting to look back now at what folks from several clubs were saying before a ball was kicked, especially those who thought we had no chance of getting near the top 5!!

At the mo I'd say Bradford, York and Oldham are well on their way to a top 5 finish, then perm any two from Hunslet, Keighley and Workington for the other slots.         

To say weve lost our Captain, main try scorer and inspiration I don't think were doing too bad ! Add to that Grimmer is injured and hardly played and the best winger weve had since Muscroft ( Walker ) is also out we are probably in front of where we are! If we could get Walker , Grimmer and Daley Williams fit for the play offs id be quietly confident. 

On 1/18/2018 at 5:26 PM, Moscow01 said:

If Hunslet finish above Newcastle I'll run naked around Leeds city centre wearing just a Hunslet scarf.

I'd be very surprised if you finished inside the top 6. 

Can't wait for this, what date are you planning on doing it?

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

23 hours ago, Blackpool Hawk said:

Can't wait for this, what date are you planning on doing it?

Long way to go yet lads! 

Joking aside, you’re having a fantastic season. I can’t believe the improvement you’ve shown from last season where you looked a pretty average team. Good luck to you. 

• 3 months later...
On 20 June 2018 at 12:53 PM, Moscow01 said:

Long way to go yet lads! 

Joking aside, you’re having a fantastic season. I can’t believe the improvement you’ve shown from last season where you looked a pretty average team. Good luck to you. 

The weather is getting colder by the week in Leeds - best crack on with it! Hope someone can lend you a Hunslet scarf ;-)

Archived