Dale match off. Pitch waterlogged.

mickhornet

I don't know if the Dale would be allowed to install an artificial pitch but that might be the long term solution. Anyone know the rules and regulations ?

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

I have Just done some digging and teams in the EFL are not allowed plastic pitches. They are in the process of discussing their use.

It is a crazy situation that the three clubs at the top of the league fighting to get into the EFL all have plastic pitches. If they win promotion as the rules currently stand they would have to replace them with grass in order to be promoted. if they refused they would be relegated. Now how stupid is that. The cost of £300,000 to change from plastic to grass is a difficult cost for them to bear.

It is also thought that league One and Two clubs would support their introduction.

Think we should turn the current pitch situation to our advantage, we know there is a lot of sand and water on the pitch, and we are on Sandy Lane, so:

1. Sandcastle competition before kick off.

2. Kick the beach ball between the sticks at half time.

3. Beach volleyball at full time (in bikinis or mankinis of course)

4. Candyfloss and toffee apples on sale in the bar.

5. 100 metre paddle.

6. Prize for best bucket and spade.

7 Donkey rides in the car park.

8. Community sing along of "I do like to be beside the seaside" before kick off.

9. We could sell post cards of the sun going down over Rooley Moor wind farm.

Who has got Number 10?

Should make a few bob!!

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

No 10. Cockle picking at low tide.

PS. I did not know you had a Mankini Brent. Don't for get to put it on the correct way round.

10 minutes ago, Big Doug said:

No 10. Cockle picking at low tide.

PS. I did not know you had a Mankini Brent. Don't for get to put it on the correct way round.

I put it on upside down last year, cockle picking, great idea, I'll bring the vinegar. 

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

On 1/28/2018 at 11:50 AM, mickhornet said:

7 Weeks? we will have a cash flow problem.Perhaps a loan from the RFL.

No chance of loan - the RFL has just shelled out on a £500,000 pay-off to Nigel Woods!  Apparently, no details on why. You couldn't make it up!

If the pitch condition does not improve, perhaps we'll have to consider a switch to Batley?

One of the reasons that North Wales Crusaders moved form the Racecourse (football) Stadium was that each May we were looking for an alternative venue while they revamped the pitch. There are other reasons- Wrexham FC wanted to charge us a fortune, the Racecourse is now owned by their Supporters Trust who now have big rock and pop concerts to bring in the cash - so we would be looking for alternative venues again!

The Racecourse is a superb venue but 2017 was the first season in a long time we played all our matches at one venue - Queensway Stadium.... and that makes a big difference in not loosing crowd numbers and some continuity for the club.

I hope Hornets get Spotland sorted out soon.

Perhaps the pitch will be fit for Millwall's visit on Tuesday?

The winners of that game have a 5th round home game with Spurs or Newport.  However, this will be live on BBC1, Sunday 18 Feb. This would mean changing our home Dewsbury game, perhaps rearranged anyway for the extra weeks we shall be away for the new pitch installation?

The live FA broadcast fee is £247,500 per club, while the winners will pick up a further £180,000 from the FA prize fund. Another replay, possibly at Wembley, would bring further largesse, inc 45% of gate receipts.  Hornets can only dream of such.

Let's hope the money helps towards a more permanent pitch solution.

Archived