is this still allowed??

NickD

"Cappers Bar  - Featherstone Rovers Past Players Dinner - April 13th 19:00 - 23:55

Details

Come join us in The Cappers Bar for the 30th annual past players dinner.

Guest Speaker this year is former GB international Gary Schofield

Tickets are £22 and include a three course meal and table wine

Tickets are available by emailing

THIS EVENT IS MEN ONLY"

Gee whiz,  takes me right back....Not sure this is allowed these days even in Dewsbury!!!

9 hours ago, NickD said:

"Cappers Bar  - Featherstone Rovers Past Players Dinner - April 13th 19:00 - 23:55

Details

Dave.farrar@featherstone.co.uk 

THIS EVENT IS MEN ONLY"

Gee whiz,  takes me right back....Not sure this is allowed these days even in Dewsbury!!!

Theres a good club in Knottingley called the Jolly ( just off Racka Green next to canal ) that I call into from time to time and thats Men only and then theres the Catholic Club in Pontefract ( next to the small Asda ) that I called into over Christmas which is men only, so pretty sure its allowed.

9 hours ago, NickD said:

Details

Dave.farrar@featherstone.co.uk 

THIS EVENT IS MEN ONLY"

It isn’t right, I am appalled that Fev allow that to happen, I love the club but sometimes words can’t express my feelings. Sort that out, women, girls, daughters, mothers have the same rights.

I’m all for inclusion and all that, but it’s the “past players” association that organise it, so perhaps that’s how they want to keep it, but on the other hand non players can attend too as the hubby as been. Get your banners out and protest if you feel that strongly 

On the other hand men cannot go to Anne Summers parties ??

Im Fev and im proud

The evening is organised by the past players association, it has always been for a male audience only since the first one to the present day. 

No other reason than it is a traditional sportsman’s dinner that speakers are blue and use language that the organisers don’t think ladies should hear, the past players committee are from a that men didn’t swear in front of women. 

Flip side of the coin, we host a ladies only night no one bats an eyelid. 

I know my number is on the event page, that is for people interested in coming to the event but could you please remove it from your post please as it is my personal number and not a work number.

11 minutes ago, DavidFarrar said:

The evening is organised by the past players association, it has always been for a male audience only since the first one to the present day. 

No other reason than it is a traditional sportsman’s dinner that speakers are blue and use language that the organisers don’t think ladies should hear, the past players committee are from a that men didn’t swear in front of women. 

Flip side of the coin, we host a ladies only night no one bats an eyelid. 

I know my number is on the event page, that is for people interested in coming to the event but could you please remove it from your post please as it is my personal number and not a work number.

I’ve edited all posts where your personal number was posted 

Im Fev and im proud

I've just trawled back through Robin Evans social media posts 

In one in 2013 where he referred to the crowd as "men" & not "men & women" 

Another post from 2010

He referred to "lads & lasses" which is totally unacceptable to leave out "neutral gender" fans

In 2006 Mr Evans made a sexual slur towards the women of Batley when describing them as "loose" 

Again in 2002 he offended the BLGT community with a slur. 

1997 Mr Evans offended the lesbian community when he called Ryan Mcdonald "butch" 

1995 yet again Mr Evans used racial slurs when describing people as "coloured" its irrelevant it was directed at a friend who had been on holiday to tenerife for 2 weeks all inclusive. 

1993 Mr Evans spoke of an incident where his zip had come down when women were present in the ground, which resulted in 6 women reporting him for sexual harassment. 

In 1989 he up set the BLGT group with the length of Brendan tuuta's hair Mr Evans proclaimed "I couldn't tell if he was a woman or a bloke" obviously omitting the reference "neutral gender" which is quite despicable in modern society. 

;) ;) ;)

I don't see it in the same light as "The Presidents Club"............It's time for some people to come to terms with the FACT that single sex evenings are still enjoyed as a form of escapism, stress release, etc -- Call it what you will but a "Men Only " evening with NO women in attendance (including bar staff OR 'hostesses') must still be seen as an acceptable way of spending an evening....... In exactly the same way that it is and should remain acceptable for there to be "Ladies only" evenings............... I believe that 99% of people still know where the boundaries are......... Let's stop throwing the baby out with the bathwater !!!!!  

15 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

This looks like the Dewsbury Branch of the Fearherstone Forum and here am I contributing to it too. 

Yes Crown Flatter and its a good job its not restricted to Fev fans only or else some b*gger would take umbrage to that and maybe we would get 70.000 complaints as did Leeds disunited.?????

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, Robin Evans said:

I've only ever referred to Ryan McDonald as "son"!??

Thas copping some real stick, Robin. Do as I do, let em say all they want as long as they keep their hands off !!!

Archived