NRL Supercoach: TotalRLSCLeague18 League Season Complete. Results and Awards presented

Boom!

Obviously it's still a bit early to pick a full team, but we all have players on our radar and are doing our research. 

I tried logging in with my Facebook account, like previous years, but I couldn't see an option. I've logged in with my email address that I think I've used before, but I can't see any history details up. I wonder if they are working on this? 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, JimBronco said:

Boom!

Obviously it's still a bit early to pick a full team, but we all have players on our radar and are doing our research. 

I tried logging in with my Facebook account, like previous years, but I couldn't see an option. I've logged in with my email address that I think I've used before, but I can't see any history details up. I wonder if they are working on this? 

I had no problems with my Email address. I reset my password as couldnt remember it and within minutes got notification.

12 hours ago, Graham said:

Are folk wanting us (me or anybody else who wants to take over or share duties with me) to run our Supercoach comp on here again this coming season?

I'm 100% up for another Supercoach comp. What kind of help would you need?

2 hours ago, Graham said:

I can set the comps.

just wondered about score keeping/tables.... but to be honest anything that is possible... weekly summary.... 

I can help with the update of scoring/tables each week. 

Right I've set up the 2018 league. Everyone reading this is welcome to join whether you've played before or not. 

This thread will be the place to exchange early chat, advice, ideas or anything else Supercoach related.

To join it you need this number when it asks when you go to join a league.

The league code is 638513

The league name is TotalRLSCLeague18

I've picked a preliminary team just to see if I could manage to. Remember you can make as many changes as you want up until the first lockout.

My team is again called Fev Stormers for 2018

My team shield: 5a68ae5aedc1a_FSlogo.JPG.c829ca9e083c48f8d1fcef1589922883.JPG

Please design a shield this season. It's much better than leaving it blank  which is rather dull.

It only takes moments to sort one out by three colours and an overall design from the options available.

Okay it might seem early to join yet, but the number of places available in the league is limited to 20 and going by recent seasons all of them will get taken. 

I've joined again for 2018 (Flat Capper Select). Now to try and put a team together that can get off to a good start!

G, I've tried to create a shield but it's not letting me do it on my phone.  I'll have a look at it on the laptop later. 

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

1 hour ago, Railway End said:

I've joined again for 2018 (Flat Capper Select). Now to try and put a team together that can get off to a good start!

G, I've tried to create a shield but it's not letting me do it on my phone.  I'll have a look at it on the laptop later. 

I’ve a feeling that while they’ve got all their platforms up and running they are still a bit clunky. I dotted between my PC and tablet and both seemed to have a few gremlins at work RE.

I've joined too and my team name is again McKnight's Marvels. 

I've created a tsam but I have a lot to think about and research. Need to decide how I'm going to watch this season's games also. 

I have entered as well under the name Apex Predators. I created an auto generated team but will come back closer to season kick off when I have more time. I just wanted to get my spot in the comp before the spots filled up as I missed out last year.

A short introductory guide:

For those who are new to NRL SuperCoach, our rugby league fantasy game, here's an L-plate guide on how to get your team started.

1. Log on to the NRL SuperCoach homepage. Click the "register and play now" icon. Enter your details, pick your team jersey and team name - and you’re underway (Note: Launches Friday January 25).

2. Now it’s time to join a league so you can play against other people. You can either be placed in a public league, join a friend’s existing league or create your own league and invite friends.

3. Select your team. You have $5m to spend and 25 spots to fill. Each of your players will receive a weekly score based on their real-life statistics, creating a total score for your team. (Check out scoring system below. As you can see, the scoring system underwent an overhaul in the off-season to reward attacking play)

4. So what's the best way to spend your money? Here is a useful hint: Forwards are the most consistent fantasy players because they perform the most work.

5. By the start of the first game of the round (usually Friday), you will need to pick a playing 17 from your total of 25 players (13 starting players and four reserves). Only the points of your 17 count. You will also need to pick a captain, who earns double points.

6. Use our new rolling lockout system to alter your team during the actual round depending on late changes. Players are locked into your team only at the time their real match starts.

7. Follow your score live at the match centre within SuperCoach, before your final score is released on Tuesday afternoon.

8. As the season progresses, use your 40 trades to develop your team into a SuperCoach powerhouse. Player prices rise and fall according to form – so take advantage of this.

9. If you have any issues, use the "Help & FAQ" icon at the top right of SuperCoach. It gives detailed information about all steps above to help you on your way.

Scoring:

Tries: 17 (+2 from last year)
Try Assists: 12 (+2 from last year)
Goals: 4 (unchanged)
Missed Goals: -2 (unchanged)
Field Goals: 5 (unchanged)
Missed Field Goals: -1 (unchanged)
Tackles: 1 (unchanged)
Missed Tackles: -1 (unchanged)
Tackle Breaks: 2 (new stat)
Forced drop outs by kicker: 6 (new stat)
Offloads: 4 (unchanged)
Line Breaks: 10 (+2 from last year)
Line Break Assists: 8 (+2 from last year)
40/20: 10 (unchanged)
Hitups (all runs) over 8 metres: 2 (Stat tweak. All hitups scored 2 points last year)
Hitups (all runs) under 8 metres: 1 (Stat tweak. All hitups scored 2 points last year)
Penalties Conceded: -2 (unchanged)
Errors: -2 (unchanged)
Sin Bin/Send offs -8/-16: (unchanged)

i logged into my old fox account and quite frankly have just wasted the last hour clicking menu -team to be met with nothing happening. Finally the following message pops up. " you need to be a Masthead+ subscriber to view this content."

to old to waste any more on time on it. I'll stick to the tipping comp.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Re-registered with different email address and used the auto fill and had no problem. Strangely as a Sharks fan gave me no less than l0 Bronco players. Some chopping and changing to be done.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I expect you mentioned my name ...  :-D

Sorry Graham what I did do was threaten to send them links to certain posters ramblings everyday:D:D:D that soon freed up the screen .

Seeing as we'll all be competing against each other in Supercoach, can we still talk about Supercoach? As in which players are you looking at getting in, without confirming who you'll get in and who you may avoid? 

Being over here I like  to get some idea on the cheapies who will start this year who I haven' heard off. I.e.  Cotric of the Raiders last year.

I'l pick players who I stick with RTS  and SJ of the Warriors being two in that category along with Jimmy Maloney.

Ponga should hopefully be pretty cheap.

The players I tend to avoid are the ones if I picked I might do a lot better:D.

Some of know with all your wheeling and dealing know how to end up with your teams valued at about 15m and for that I salute you.

Anyhow good luck to one and all.

Archived