NRL Supercoach: TotalRLSCLeague18 League Season Complete. Results and Awards presented

Feel like my team is coming together now, getting my head round the player movements and the cheapies that may or may not appear in round 1. The first Team List Tuesday will finalise where the dice will fall on cheapies to select!

Sione Katoa for Cronulla appears to be someone to definitely keep an eye on, he is lightning quick (apparently he may be the fastest in the NRL!) and also strong with it, he looks like he has the potential to be one of the rookies of the year so would be one to select if he is picked in the team for Round 1.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Deranged Drunk Guy said:

I've joined the league, happy about this because last year i missed out.

Have been all across it this year, expect to finish high up overall ( probably just put the curse on myself by saying that )

Good luck all.

Good to see you made it this year DD, I remember you just missing out last year!

I've been getting stuck in over the last couple of weeks, trying to get a feel for cheapies, players who may kick on this year, players to maybe avoid this year etc. Im semi happy with my team, and will probably now wait for team list Tuesday next week before making final decisions and changes!

You have to aim high!!

Well then JUST TWO places left to grab before we get underway in the next few days.

Here's the 18 league members so far, fourteen of whom have created themselves a team logo:

SC18.thumb.JPG.334349a2ffd0555fd1849778f465f640.JPG How about designing a team logo if you haven't already? It only takes a few moments.

A warm welcome to out latest two teams: Dean's 'Waddells Warriors XIII' and Jack's 'Team Storm' (great name!)

It is now officially too late to join in our 2018 TotalRL Supercoach cmpetition as all 20 places have been taken.

Well done to everyone who has entered.

it's not long to go now before the season kicks off.

If you've provisionally picked a squad then TLT (Team list Tuesday) will give you the information you need to switch out any players that don't seem to be favoured by their coaches.

Here's the full list of runners and riders in our league:

full.thumb.JPG.70face6c97ab8086377b8f75b7cf68fb.JPG Time to design you logo if you haven't yet (simple to do)

Welcome to Michael and your 'Jas Vegas Jerks'  and Jared and your 'Dragons18'.

How's it going?

Everyone picked a starting squad? 

What option have you taken?

1) One pick and then wait until TLT before you really switch around between options

2) Had 2, 3, 4 or more goes at squads, then now waiting for TLT

3) Changing your squad like a mad thing, maybe even once a day or 5 or 6 times a week

4) Another option!

I had an original go at picking a squad and left it like that for a couple of weeks until today when I made notes and then changed about half of that squad to blend a new set of players. I kept almost all the guns I had originally.

Hi Graham, unfortunately I won't be able to help now with updating of tables etc as I have a load of projects on at work and just won't have the time to help. Really sorry buddy. 

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, Graham said:

How's it going?

Everyone picked a starting squad? 

What option have you taken?

1) One pick and then wait until TLT before you really switch around between options

2) Had 2, 3, 4 or more goes at squads, then now waiting for TLT

3) Changing your squad like a mad thing, maybe even once a day or 5 or 6 times a week

4) Another option!

I had an original go at picking a squad and left it like that for a couple of weeks until today when I made notes and then changed about half of that squad to blend a new set of players. I kept almost all the guns I had originally.

Its Team List Tuesday!!!

I'm in a dilemma now between loading a little more on guns but having a slightly dodgy bench (3 questionable players on there), or taking a couple of extra mid-range priced players but strengthening the bench a bit more.

Got the bulk of my team sorted now, but tinkering around with the cheapies and a couple of guns is keeping me scratching my head!

23 minutes ago, Southstander13 said:

Its Team List Tuesday!!!

I'm in a dilemma now between loading a little more on guns but having a slightly dodgy bench (3 questionable players on there), or taking a couple of extra mid-range priced players but strengthening the bench a bit more.

Got the bulk of my team sorted now, but tinkering around with the cheapies and a couple of guns is keeping me scratching my head!

My problem is that I had chosen a fairly sorted team expecting to make/have to make five or six changes after TLT.

I'm now concerned that I only really need to change one out who hasn't been picked at all, while all the others are first choice with a small number of benched players.

I feel I should make a few more changes!!!

To change the one player out, I may have to swap two or three.

Funny kind of problem if you see what i mean.

Waited until this evening to have a look around. Made 4 changes to the original squad and still have 125k left. I will leave it as it is  and not look to think about the team until Thursday. In the past have chopped and changed numerous times and benefitted little! ? 

Well round 1 over and a score of exactly 900 pre updates.  Not as much as I was hoping for largely due to Tedesco bombing out as my captain, but overall I'm happy with my team.

I will probably not bother trading this week but have my eye on Herman Ese'ese and RFM for round 3.  How has everybody else faired?

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

57 minutes ago, Railway End said:

Well round 1 over and a score of exactly 900 pre updates.  Not as much as I was hoping for largely due to Tedesco bombing out as my captain, but overall I'm happy with my team.

I will probably not bother trading this week but have my eye on Herman Ese'ese and RFM for round 3.  How has everybody else faired?

1054 apparently. Had the likes of Kikau, Kenner on Bench so missed out on a plus 1100 score! 

41 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

1054 apparently. Had the likes of Kikau, Kenner on Bench so missed out on a plus 1100 score! 

Nice opening score LRL.  I too had Kikau and Kenner on the bench along with Rochow who got 60+ as well. 

It was my "guns" that let me down This week but they should come good in the long run.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

A disappointing  729 back to the drawing board.. Two halves very poor scores time to bring SJ back. Only Ponga , Addo-Carr and Jason T stepped up to the mark.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

962 confirmed for me today. Not too unhappy with that based on where I thought I was heading at one stage! Cody Walker and Cam Munster helped me out and had Kennar in my team too. Had Kikau sat out the 17 which is disappointing but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

I'm wanting to try and hold my nerve in regards rushing in to any trades after only 1 round. Too early to make judgements and cant go chasing last weeks points, so ill see how I go, but I find it hard to resist trades at the best of times so who knows! Ha!

6 hours ago, Southstander13 said:

962 confirmed for me today. Not too unhappy with that based on where I thought I was heading at one stage! Cody Walker and Cam Munster helped me out and had Kennar in my team too. Had Kikau sat out the 17 which is disappointing but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

I'm wanting to try and hold my nerve in regards rushing in to any trades after only 1 round. Too early to make judgements and cant go chasing last weeks points, so ill see how I go, but I find it hard to resist trades at the best of times so who knows! Ha!

I know how you feel SS13.  I have convinced myself that there is no need to trade this week, but I still keep messing about with trading options!

*Note to self, stay strong, it will be worth it in the end* ? ?

Archived