NRL Supercoach: TotalRLSCLeague18 League Season Complete. Results and Awards presented

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Graham said:

5aac147938374_SCR1Points2018.thumb.jpg.15c86d63285030d246dc8fbc2f6adffa.jpg

Please click on the image to make it a bit bigger and so easier to read.

How tough was that round for openers for some of us - well me anyway! :spiteful:

Comments from you welcome.

What were your successes or failures? Feelings on that first round?

Pleased wi my start but still a long way to go. My Captain let me down a bit in Rd 2 so hoping some players get some big scores!

Well Round 2 was a little bit better for me at least. How was it for you?

The business of choosing the right captain will I think be the thorny issue again this season.

If I'd chosen one of my three top scorers this week I'd have been happy. As it was I again didn't get the pick right.

Here then is the Total Points Ladder for the season so far (click on it to enlarge):

5aaf845d8cb76_SCR02Points2018.thumb.jpg.ea0499ec7b5f8a36f83dbc1b288cdd54.jpg

I can see one high reputation player I'm going to have to ditch straight away, however much his form picks up, as he's bound to lose a huge amount of money after R3.

If you did well, how come? Any pointers to help anyone struggling?

Last week ditched both my playmakers and brought in Thurston and Lachlan Croker. This has left me over 200000 to play with this week. Time to look at forwards Freddie Mercury may have to go along with Alvarro.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Ive brought in Taupau and Sami this week. I think Taupau is replacing the same player you have got rid of Graham! Sami looks like a decent borderline cheapie on the wing for the Titans, has scored well two weeks running so happy to try and generate some cash from him.

Other options I have considered have been Trent Merrin who looks back to his best, Euan Aitken, Tohu Harris, Tevita Pangai, Herman Ese'ese. Too many id like and cant have!

I cant guarantee I wont reverse trades before Thursday, I have a habit of doing that!

I’ve got rid of an expensive under performer.

I considered four of those you mentioned SS13, but only brought one in. The other is someone to make a big pot of money.

I remember wasting trades getting rid of JTh last year. He under performed early on then of course came good soon after. I had to buy him back.

It’s knowing whether to be patient and lose money on a player in the short run by sticking with them. The temptation is to part company with them when there’s big money to be made signing another player on especially early on when the player concerned was seriously under valued and will see his price tag rise a lot after R3

Congratulations to Dennis and his Dragoons team on their comprehensive victory against my Dayboo Sliders team. I will be saying that a lot this season:negative:

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Well all I can say is thatI'm having a tough start to this SC season. I have what I thought was a decent enough squad, but weeks 1 and 3 have seen me struggle to make any sort of decent score.

Well done to all those above me who are doing better. It looks to me like we are all down on last season though. Just two of us getting more than 1,000 points this week. Congratulations Les and Jared.

Here's the first of two league tables this week, out total points tall (click on the image to enlarge it):

5ab8b71bd0abf_SCR03Points2018.thumb.jpg.a9159e9a53143a168f6e2236ffbe7347.jpg

So after our first Head to Head round there were 10 winners and ten who came second in their games.

With points appearing hard to come by this season so far, well done if you managed a win.

Here's our H2H League table after just this one round then:

5ab8ba596fd6e_SCR03H2H2018.thumb.jpg.d9e2fb88df2a826e3e7b0b9a65489910.jpg

Good luck next week everyone.

As was famously said:

I didn't think that my 990 was going to be good enough to win as I came up against a ridiculous 1227 this week in the public league I was enrolled into so I was a bit worried about the totalRL league also! I regret not having Widdop as captain as he scored a massive 173 points alone. a few expensive players such as Taumalolo as letting me down and I'm having to consider some changes

4 minutes ago, WALTROYD said:

I didn't think that my 990 was going to be good enough to win as I came up against a ridiculous 1227 this week in the public league I was enrolled into so I was a bit worried about the totalRL league also! I regret not having Widdop as captain as he scored a massive 173 points alone. a few expensive players such as Taumalolo as letting me down and I'm having to consider some changes

Will have to look seriously at Widdop

54 minutes ago, Graham said:

You have me worried now LRL. I see that Richie Kenner is named to play. He was in the team listed yesterday. Has this injury you mention just happened? Has he been withdrawn. I can’t find any word of this looking around so far.

Saw it a couple of times on Facebook this morning NRL Physio and Daily Telegraph Supercoach. Hoping its just 1 game he will miss as light tear. Havent looked elsewhere for confirmation  

Thanks for the heads up LRL I just found this on a search. Didn't get to read it in full as it is behind a paywall (Daily Telegraph Aus)

IN-FORM South Sydney winger Richie Kennar, the 11th most popular player in SuperCoach, has been ruled out with a hamstring injury. ... Late Mail: Winger Richie Kennar (hamstring) is out.

Manaed to beat Southstander13 and his team storm this week. I'm also in a public league  and beat my opponent. Sadly just like last season have lost Curtis Sironen.  Losing a player every week.

Archived