Salford Dual Reg

Whitworth Yed

So it has been announced we have a dual reg agreement with Salford.......thoughts?

Can't be any worse than last years agreement with Huddersfield.  Just hope that available medical facilities etc will be the same as before.

Only downside is that Salford are in a mess financially so how many players will be available to us?

I'm no expert but can't see many players coming our way, having said that I'd rather the lads in the current squad do the business and maybe if we 2 or 3 DR to bolster the squad that works best, rather than having regular players being dropped in favour of SL players returning from injury. 

After all we had a fair few sign from Salford in our current squad. 

Ever the optimist, I would like to think that this may well work for us and, let's be fair, the Huddersfield pairing fell short after Paul Anderson left.  We seem to have developed a good relationship with Salford over the last 3 or 4 years and I just see this as cementing the relationship.

I don't think there will be many players coming our way unless Scott has targeted some of the younger promising players or we get an injury pile up. Think this will be more about having use of SL training and medical facilities close to home. And that works for me

My view is let's wait and see how things pan out.

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

Simple fact is we need DR or at least loans during the season, as we saw last year with the incoming lads,if they didnt play we wouldnt have had a team at times. Its not the ideal solution player wise in many ways (for reasons highlighted by posters above)but we just dont have money to bolster the squad to the 30 or so players a season you need,we have a quality squad but a small squad also,if injuries bite DR might be a saviour for us, plus at some stage even with rotation players will be carrying knocks, better to stick a DR player in and get our own fit rather than a player being out for more time than necessary.

Be much better if reserve sides were reintroduced across the RL with perhaps a chunk of funding from the RFL/Sky pot, we didnt do too badly with our reserves in the past ;), until reserve sides,under 23's, A teams whatever you want to call them are reintroduced, DR and loans are a necessary evil to clubs like us, as has been said it also gives us access to more resources from the "parent" club.

Give it a go again with Salford, hopefully it works well, tbh i think we have managed DR pretty well since its introduction.

1 hour ago, Sapere aude said:

Bennion loaned to Swinton and Nzoungou to Whitehaven......dual reg isn’t working out for us so far!!

Just saw that about Nzoungou, thought it was odd as they are in our division.  Maybe they offered more game time?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Maybe we were offered them on a months loan and turned it down? Two more props?We already have plenty of those. Maybe Scott turned it down as Nzoungou would only play one game for us (as he will for Haven)in the month (doubt Salford will want players cup tied)and wanted to give our own a chance before taking a couple of players on loan so early? I am surprised that Nzoungou wasn't loaned to a Championship club though.Bennion will get game time from this Sunday possibly and play potentially 4 games instead of 1.Nothing to do with DR this,loans are totally different to DR. Let's see how it pans out over the season.

Archived