BAR TV

yanto

2 minutes ago, Michael Gledhill said:

That's what I was getting at mate.

Sky produce the product and then distribute through those Netflix/Amazon/Facebook platforms.

Rugby League has always been seen as the innovative sport. This could be potentially game changing. 

Amazon have been pushing their Eurosport app for the Australian Open Tennis. I don't think there's a Sky app for the Amazon platform yet, but it may come.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Amazon have been pushing their Eurosport app for the Australian Open Tennis. I don't think there's a Sky app for the Amazon platform yet, but it may come.

Eurosport if I am right is owned by Discovery Channel and have the rights for Wimbledon for the next four years giving them all four Grand Slams as well as the Olympics (summer and winter) till 2022.They have the rights for the Tour de France (which is massive over here) World and European Athletics,Basketball ,Motor GP and Superbikes (in certain regions, most of continental Europe) .Here in Holland they show all the Bundesliga and Italian football and from what I gather could swallow up SKY and spit them out.I can remember when Rugby League was shown in the early days of Eurosport .

Found this on youtube...2013 ...Eurosport looked like it was showing Super League Downunder !!!

47 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Did Eurosport ever show RL in the UK?

Memory fading but was there not league on Eurosport before BSB came along?? Or was that another channel. I'm also seeing some French games!! ? ? ? 

11 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I know what you mean. Wasn't it called Screensport or something similar?

Were they the ones who made lower tier games they showed kick off at midday on a Sunday or somesuch nonsense?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived