2018 shirt

clifford

I've looked at all the new strips including amateur ones and we still have no idea what the kit looks like. At the season launch the kit looked like last season kit. 

Dave can you Confirm and I'm hoping for a release by Easter 

3 hours ago, clifford said:

I've looked at all the new strips including amateur ones and we still have no idea what the kit looks like. At the season launch the kit looked like last season kit. 

Dave can you Confirm and I'm hoping for a release by Easter 

Easter 2019?

I was at the RFL season launch in Huddersfield today.  Adam Neal, the Oldham player in attendance, was wearing the 2017 kit. 

The squad have their 2018 training kit and the club hope to reveal the 2018 playing kit designs as soon as possible.

I've seen the designs for both the home and away kits and assisted in submitting them to the RFL for their media purposes.  I'm not at liberty to reveal the designs but I'm planning on buying replica tops for both Fraser and me when they come out on general sale.   Might get one of each, home and away.  

Adam Neal was wearing an Oldham branded hoodie today.  It looked quality and apparently that's the view of the players.  I'm deffo having one of those bad boys. :)

It’s all about commutation or lack of it from Hamilton. There must be a legitimate reason why the shirts are always released last minute, as nobody could be so incompetent year in year out. My guess, for what it’s worth, is that he has no money to order or make a down payment, and waiting until after the keighley game to get some cash together. It’s cringeworthy when you see the lads running out at the start of every season with tape covering parts of the shirt, furthermore, turning up to a league one press launch this week, without this season’s kit is beyond belief. If he was open with us, he wouldn’t come across as completely incompetent, and the club look so amateurish. It’s good to talk Hamilton, let’s start doing it with you life blood of the club... Never know, there might be roughyeds out there who could help you out. 

Chris Hamilton has said in the past the delay in new shirts being available for the players and to buy is to ensure they can sell shirt sponsorship right up until the start of the season.

I think we (he) would make more money getting new shirts available in time for Christmas but then again this is from someone who had a deadline on Season Ticket sales (just before Christmas). How many people have been lost from going this season  because their Christmas money has now been spent on something else?

Not a bad shirt at all, should have stuck with hoops but that's not too shoddy. Only criticism from me is the huge "Salford" on the sleeve. I know it's Salford Uni but it narks me that on an OLDHAM shirt we have both Salford and Manchester on it,hope we have got some pennies for that sponsorship. Might swing it for me to keep my brass in my pocket I'm afraid. Shame, with local sponsors on it I would have had one 100%. Might be petty to some but that's my feeling at the moment. 

A couple of white hoops under the sponsor and it would have been ace instead of just being alright..

I've always been of the opinion we can go as mad as you want with the away kit but the home kit should be traditional

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

11 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Not a bad shirt at all, should have stuck with hoops but that's not too shoddy. Only criticism from me is the huge "Salford" on the sleeve. I know it's Salford Uni but it narks me that on an OLDHAM shirt we have both Salford and Manchester on it,hope we have got some pennies for that sponsorship. Might swing it for me to keep my brass in my pocket I'm afraid. Shame, with local sponsors on it I would have had one 100%. Might be petty to some but that's my feeling at the moment. 

Agreed,the Salford and Manchester part of the shirt is a tad irritating. Preferred the hoops.

I like it. They have to change it enough each season for people to justify the expense of a new shirt. If it was hoops some fans may just think I’ll save the money and wear the old one this season.

I don’t think we’re in a position at the moment to pick and choose sponsors!

I think I prefer the away kit.  Will have to wait and see it in the flesh.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived