Catalans TV deal - home games on BEIN

36 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

The banner at the left-hand side of the photograph! :laugh: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

So polite!

Interestingly, if you Google Translate 'please appoint an impartial referee' into Estonian it comes up with 'komovit hicks neva pen u berc' 

I tried that and it came out with 'Toni Archa seys lol'

Are the revenues not being shared? I read the annoucement that non-Catalan games would also be aired as part of this new deal, and thus presumed that other clubs would benefit.

I was hoping this was the case and thus that all SL clubs could benefit from foreign TV deals, thus creating encouragement to bring in North American teams

2 minutes ago, JoneslessBishop said:

Are the revenues not being shared? I read the annoucement that non-Catalan games would also be aired as part of this new deal, and thus presumed that other clubs would benefit.

I was hoping this was the case and thus that all SL clubs could benefit from foreign TV deals, thus creating encouragement to bring in North American teams

Won't SL clubs benefit when the additional coverage is sold onto Sky?

23 minutes ago, JoneslessBishop said:

It could be that BeIn paid a fee for the feed of the the other SL games or it could be that Sky and BeIn basically swap feeds - one Catalans home game for x number of SL games.

Either way Sky get around 14 games a year for a minimal outlay which contributes hugely to the overall value of the product that the RFL sold Sky. So yes, the other clubs do benefit from the deal because without it Sky would pay much less for the TV deal.

In fact it means Catalans contribute far more to the Sky deal than any other SL club bar maybe Leeds who bring in by far the most viewers.

26 minutes ago, damp squib said:

It could be that BeIn paid a fee for the feed of the the other SL games or it could be that Sky and BeIn basically swap feeds - one Catalans home game for x number of SL games.

Either way Sky get around 14 games a year for a minimal outlay which contributes hugely to the overall value of the product that the RFL sold Sky. So yes, the other clubs do benefit from the deal because without it Sky would pay much less for the TV deal.

In fact it means Catalans contribute far more to the Sky deal than any other SL club bar maybe Leeds who bring in by far the most viewers.

Don't try and talk sense. They don't bring any fans so are worth nowt!

9 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

Wonder how long it’ll be before a SL chair announces its unfair because any revenue from the deal isn’t being shared? 

It's an extended deal! Nothing new!!

15 hours ago, damp squib said:

Interesting. So by adding a weekly N American timeslot at 8pm UK time (assuming Toronto home month when NYC away month), Sky take over the Premier feed and are willing to pay more for more games? And that is before the ‘more glamour’ negotiation ......

Archived