Get to New River tomorrow to watch Skolars v Broncos & Chargers v Hoists in CCR1 & live stream

IM2

I really enjoyed the Chargers v Hammersmith game.

Not the sternest test for Skolars in the London Clash afterwards but we looked well organised and sharp in attack. Weaker in defence particularly on our line. But all in all a promising performance. Good crowd despite the awful weather. 

9 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

I've just got back from covering Bradford's pre-season U19s Academy  game with St Helens (St Helens 16-36 Bradford). 

I'm just watching the Live Stream of the Skolars vs Broncos game on YouTube.

Great work London Skolars on embracing the future. 

I presume you're using the graphic generating JVC camera?

That’s a great win for the bulls. Do the bulls have a good crop of youngsters this season? Any names we should maybe lookout for?

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Another decent-quality stream, too. Is this the year that streaming RL matches (that aren't tied into broadcasting contracts) hits critical mass?

If each club in League One could find someone to do a good quality single camera stream. They could easily set up a website and charge a small fee for access for al games in the division. It wouldn't be for much money, but they could get the technical systems and payment mechanisms in place.

3 hours ago, ojx said:

If each club in League One could find someone to do a good quality single camera stream. They could easily set up a website and charge a small fee for access for al games in the division. It wouldn't be for much money, but they could get the technical systems and payment mechanisms in place.

I wonder if a sponsor could make it free... we’d just have to put up with an advertisement around the screen edge.

They also need commentary. BarTV has commentators for some games in Australia. Good commentary too.

8 hours ago, walter sobchak said:

That’s a great win for the bulls. Do the bulls have a good crop of youngsters this season? Any names we should maybe lookout for?

After what I saw yesterday, I would say that there's at least five players that could potentially make the step up to the first team this season.

Oliver Wilson (prop)

Luke Punton  (centre)

Keelan Foster  (prop)

Matthew Storton  (Second Row)

Ebon Scurr  (Second Row)

I'll post the Bulls TV footage of the game once it's uploaded mate. 

2 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

It's a big moment for the Skolars to beat the Broncos. Skolars are local to me and I plan to go to some games this year. I feel they have potential to grow more and it's exciting times.

Broncos normally have a few more 1st team players in their squad, but this year had a number of 17 year olds in their ranks.

To be fair though, 2nd half Skolars looked a lot more organised & actually believed in themselves. A significant improvement in team shape & attitude compared to the Wigan friendly.

22 minutes ago, dead man inc said:

Daniel Hindmarsh, Christian Gale, Adam Green, Tom Scott all came through Skolars junior teams.

Isn’t hindmarsh at the broncos?

21 minutes ago, dead man inc said:

Hindmarsh is in Broncos 1st team, but still eligible for u19 academy. Other 3 are now in Broncos academy, but all 4 came through Skolars junior ranks.

Do you know if the skolars get 1st pick of any broncos youngsters needing 1st team experience??

On 27/01/2018 at 8:32 PM, Man of Kent said:

Enjoyed the double header at New River today.

Decent turnout and the Skolars clubhouse must have made a small fortune in bar takings.

Hammersmith were surprisingly poor in their Cup defeat to Chargers but the second game was excellent.

Bit of history too: the first time Skolars have ever beaten Broncos (14th time of asking).

yeah the wigan and broncos games are actually great events now

1 hour ago, dead man inc said:

Don’t know how it works exactly - Skolars have had a few younger Broncos in for the odd game & may pick up a few that Broncos don’t offer 1st team contracts too.

skolars juniors feed into broncos academy and then we tend to get lads who dont make it to broncos but are good enough to play for us. usually takes them some adjustment but its a decent system. symbiotic.

On 26/01/2018 at 7:27 PM, IM2 said:

London Skolars v London Broncos annual London Clash is one of the highlights of the London season. It marks a critical opportunity for both clubs to test themselves against each other in the run up to the start of the season. It also allows fans of rugby league in London the chance to meet up and celebrate the home grown talent that has made its way into both squads over the years. The game also provdes an opportunity to see who can get local bragging rights as unofficial champions of London.

Many players in both squads have come from the London system some via the Skolars like Daniel Hindmarsh and some from the Broncos pathways like Louis Robinson. This match means a lot to both sets of players who know each other well.

We are also very pleased to announce history will be made when the top 2 amateur teams in London, London Chargers V Hammersmith Hill Hoists play each other in the Rd1 of the Ladbroke Challenge Cup.

All in all great London talent on show a not to be missed event & great value for money!

Skolars will also put on a real ale festival from 12 to help lubricate the voices of the fans.

Buy tickets here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/london-clash-london-skolars-v-london-broncos-london-chargers-v-hammersmith-hill-hoists-tickets-39556573777

also match will be live streamed details here http://www.skolarsrl.com/2018/01/26/skolars-announce-global-streaming-coverage-deal/

Cheers

Archived