Match thread: Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Sunday February 4th

marklaspalmas

Cant see Thackeray  being left out. He is my first choice of player after Ridyard. Very short of  backs on bench if he is not included in any capacity.. Assuming Holmes plays then Thackeray must be on subs bench as he can cover most of the backs positions if a sub is required. I think Knowles and Hock will be left out.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Agree with all that. Jy's much better attacking player than defending. Foster is very solid as you'd expect from someone who played 19 times for the league leaders last year (this will be his first proper game since the Grand Final!). Douglas seems solid, Maher is big but has looked like a poor man's Keegan Hirst when I've seen him.

Yeah pretty much agree with that. Douglas was very good at this level for us last season. Foster is very good and Im pleased we have him and like I mention with Hitchcock it probably is less significant as he wont see much of the ball. Maher Ive not seen enough  of to judge but apparently he has looked good in training although Jones will be unlucky to miss out because he stood out against the Fev pack in the friendly.

Our squad on paper looks more than capable of causing an upset in my opinion.

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah pretty much agree with that. Douglas was very good at this level for us last season. Foster is very good and Im pleased we have him and like I mention with Hitchcock it probably is less significant as he wont see much of the ball. Maher Ive not seen enough  of to judge but apparently he has looked good in training although Jones will be unlucky to miss out because he stood out against the Fev pack in the friendly.

Our squad on paper looks more than capable of causing an upset in my opinion.

I don't think it would be causing an upset Oxy. I think both sides are evenly matched now you have used dual reg. 

15 minutes ago, fevfromfar said:

I don't think it would be causing an upset Oxy. I think both sides are evenly matched now you have used dual reg. 

I agree. It seems like plenty of Fax fans do too judging on the reported number of tickets sold by them following a few years of medicocre support at our place, which is great news.

We made very heavy weather of beating them in the friendly when they were lacking nine of their squad tomorrow, they will be well and truly up for this and I'll be happy if we scrape it by a point.

21 minutes ago, fevfromfar said:

But they don't agree with duel reg- do they? 

51 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I agree. It seems like plenty of Fax fans do too judging on the reported number of tickets sold by them following a few years of medicocre support at our place, which is great news.

We made very heavy weather of beating them in the friendly when they were lacking nine of their squad tomorrow, they will be well and truly up for this and I'll be happy if we scrape it by a point.

True. I think Oxy is trying to play it down just in case they lose. I used to remember his pride at Fax not using dual reg?

We struggled last year on the quagmire of a pitch, and with all todays rain it is sure to be a bog. It really depends who handles the conditions best, AND if we get chance of 2 points take them.

Been talking to a few Fev fans last night about the match and they are all confident of a big win . I feel we will just scrape it .Hope the crowd is 4000 and good luck to the boys , let’s get stuck in to em.Get our defence right and points will come.

31 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Been talking to a few Fev fans last night about the match and they are all confident of a big win . I feel we will just scrape it .Hope the crowd is 4000 and good luck to the boys , let’s get stuck in to em.Get our defence right and points will come.

I can't see a big win out of this **** lad. That's not a bad fax side now they're embracing DRmax!

At least with the DR .We have the upper hand imo as we are partnerd with the champions Leeds who carried on where they left off with a good performance beating Warrington where as Fax are with C#s who were embarrassing against Saints so their players who are judged ( If not recovering after an injury) not as good as their first Team players,then they seem the poorer option compared to the Leeds lads.That aside there is a good read from Longo on the Fev website of what work has been done at the club and every option covered which fills me with confidence.

18 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I keep reading stuff from Fev fans regarding the numbers of Fax travelling support. I mean its not like Fev have been turning up to the Shay in large numbers in recent years. I can't remember the last time either team travelled with more than 500 fans to be honest.  I do put that down to the state of the game at our level though as both teams have done pretty well in terms of results.

17 hours ago, fevfromfar said:

True. I think Oxy is trying to play it down just in case they lose. I used to remember his pride at Fax not using dual reg?

The reality is we should lose but hey ho I will still show my face if we do. Its always nice to put one over on Fev and probably especially this year as, not so much on here, but on social media a lot of your fans think we should be in for a tonking today given Fev's recruitment compared to ours(watch you will run up 50 points now lol). COYF

41 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

The reality is we should lose but hey ho I will still show my face if we do. Its always nice to put one over on Fev and probably especially this year as, not so much on here, but on social media a lot of your fans think we should be in for a tonking today given Fev's recruitment compared to ours(watch you will run up 50 points now lol). COYF

I may seek you out this aft oxy lad?

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Don't worry, those same people will be demanding Duffy goes if we get beat. Mind you, until recently the Fax Rlfans board were going over the top in the opposite direction ie doom and gloom. That's RL fans for you...either we're the greatest ever or a shambles.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

I keep reading stuff from Fev fans regarding the numbers of Fax travelling support. I mean its not like Fev have been turning up to the Shay in large numbers in recent years. I can't remember the last time either team travelled with more than 500 fans to be honest.  I do put that down to the state of the game at our level though as both teams have done pretty well in terms of results.

I'd say we have taken 300-400 to Fax every time in recent years though...thats a decent Championship away following.

Archived