Bateman eyeing NRL

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Seems pretty confident and his contract is up at the end of 2018.

So basically his agents opening salvo in contract talks.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just for clarity, since some people don't realise what Bateman's role is.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/teams/first-team/john-bateman

image.png.fd83cc56dc1764be8f639656f167f7f7.png

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

While he was a target for the Aussie Schoolboys in 2012 as a stop him you stop the attack going forward strategy, I don't think he considered a move to Oz at the time if there were offers because of having a young family, since then he's not really stepped up enough to get any of the NRL Clubs to make a serious inquire! 

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

There are two different concepts here. There's the Sam Burgess/James Graham scenario where the player goes to NRL and establishes beyond all doubt that they are in the World elite - probably in the top 20 players in World RL.

Then there's the Mike Cooper/Joe Greenwood scenario where the player goes to the NRL, isn't a megastar but still becomes a permanent fixture in the team and all the players and the fans are happy to see them in that 17 week after week because they deliver.

They are both good goals. They both pay well. They both give you a different perspective on life and definitely worth the effort.

12 hours ago, Padge said:

Just for clarity, since some people don't realise what Bateman's role is.

He also does a side line in the Feng Shui business.   I know this because he rearranged the interior of a local gym in Wigan.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

8 hours ago, Farmduck said:

There are two different concepts here. There's the Sam Burgess/James Graham scenario where the player goes to NRL and establishes beyond all doubt that they are in the World elite - probably in the top 20 players in World RL.

Then there's the Mike Cooper/Joe Greenwood scenario where the player goes to the NRL, isn't a megastar but still becomes a permanent fixture in the team and all the players and the fans are happy to see them in that 17 week after week because they deliver.

They are both good goals. They both pay well. They both give you a different perspective on life and definitely worth the effort.

Agree my thoughts exactly. Bateman say is in top 200 players in the world so hence has a shot at NRL and being a decent 17 player. 

Archived