Pennine League Fixtures

Going through the league tables this morning noticed how the numbers of games played by

teams in the same league varies so much why is this.

Surely the answer would be to give a fixture list at the start of the season and stick to it.

The league seems to be run like a friendly league would it not be better to charge a signing

on fee which the league could then use to deduct fines etc  for non fulfilment off fixtures.

I know this seems extreme but would teams make more effort to fulfil fixtures than cancelling on

a Thursday night and causing players from the opposing team to lose interest in the game.

Going through the league tables this morning noticed how the numbers of games played by

teams in the same league varies so much why is this.

Teams are allowed to cancel two games per season, cups games also play a big part in how many league games have been played by each individual team.

Surely the answer would be to give a fixture list at the start of the season and stick to it.

Because of cup games a full fixture list can not be given, the Pennine however give a fixture list from the start of the season up to Christmas, this can cause problems - My team have because of cup games,  only had three home games so far this season because the cup rounds fell when we should have had home league fixtures (We've been drawn away in every cup competition so far this season)

The league seems to be run like a friendly league would it not be better to charge a signing

on fee which the league could then use to deduct fines etc  for non fulfilment off fixtures.

Not sure where you get the idea it's a friendly league and this years format has work very well and has far less non fulfilled fixtures than the YML.

I know this seems extreme but would teams make more effort to fulfil fixtures than cancelling on

a Thursday night and causing players from the opposing team to lose interest in the game

Like I've already said, the Pennine has far less non fulfilled fixtures than the YML & cancelling on a Thursday evening allows players to work if they have the chance.

For the record the Pennine league have lost 15 fixtures from non fulfilments out of 165 (9.09%) , 13 teams have defaulted; Siddal, Newsome twice, Upton (I believe they will not go to Queens) Wakefield City, Beeston Broncos twice, Queensbury, Dearne Valley, Methley, Kippax, Upton A, Moldgreen, Kings Cross and Cowling.

I'd also like to point out that the Pennine RFL run website is always out of date and gives far less information about the running of the Pennine league and what it has to offers.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

The Pennine League is a complete shambles. Teams not turning up at a whim, some missing three games in succession. The team I support have not missed a fixture, sometimes travelling with only 12 or 13 players. We loose revenue on the refreshments, donations from spectators and some lads give up a couple of hours overtime at work in order to turn out.  Some teams even turn up with similar strips resulting in us loaning a complete strip in order that the match can go ahead.This results in extra expenditure for washing and repairs. Teams are just cocking a snook at the officials. We might just as well disqualify them because we do not get a game  wether they are in the league or not.

From the Pennine league two west division

Table adjustments:
-2: Moldgreen (Non Fulfillment of Fixture on 28/10/17)
-2: King Cross Park (Non Fulfillment of Fixture on 11/11/17)
-2: Cowling Harlequins (Non Fulfillment of Fixture on 18/11/17

That's 3 games out of 40 or 7.5% which is better than the average for the Pennine

As pointed out, non fulfilments of fixtures across the whole of the Pennine League is running at 9.9%,  last summer the YML achieved just over 50% fulfilment of fixtures (This information was stated by the referees appointment secretary who appoints referees for both the Pennine and YML)

Rather more defaults than Marauder suggests - clubs have dropped out mid-season in most of the divisions and their defaults have then been removed from the lists.  I take no pleasure in that fact but this is no time for complacancy in any of the amateur leagues 

9 hours ago, Norfolk said:

Rather more defaults than Marauder suggests - clubs have dropped out mid-season in most of the divisions and their defaults have then been removed from the lists.  I take no pleasure in that fact but this is no time for complacancy in any of the amateur leagues 

That goes for both summer and winter, apart from that non fulfilments are no higher than it's been in the past,  it's games not played when a referee was sent to referee a game according to the referee's appointment secretary, if you look at the league tables and also check on the teams who have defaulted there is a pattern, it seems the teams in the bottom 3 or 4 are the culprits.

8 hours ago, topcentre21 said:

it seems to me both pennine and yml team as soon as theres nothing to play for they either drop out or pick and choose when they aant to play

I've put forward a system to combat the problem of having nothing to play for in all the divisions under the top one and also the problem of the NCL/YML sides who join the Pennine up to the Christmas period, hopefully the system if adopted will cancel out disruption and bring sanity back giving everyone the chance to play in the winter and also the summer if they wish.  

23 hours ago, Marauder said:

From the Pennine league two west division

Table adjustments:
-2: Moldgreen (Non Fulfillment of Fixture on 28/10/17)
-2: King Cross Park (Non Fulfillment of Fixture on 11/11/17)
-2: Cowling Harlequins (Non Fulfillment of Fixture on 18/11/17

That's 3 games out of 40 or 7.5% which is better than the average for the Pennine

As pointed out, non fulfilments of fixtures across the whole of the Pennine League is running at 9.9%,  last summer the YML achieved just over 50% fulfilment of fixtures (This information was stated by the referees appointment secretary who appoints referees for both the Pennine and YML)

Marauder you don't mention Boothtown and Silsden who have pulled out of that division.

From the start of the season nine teams so far have pulled out of the four divisions which is just short of 20% of the teams.

Why I suggested earlier it was like a friendly league you partly answered me why have the option of cancelling two games and would it not be better to complete the league and Barla National cup fixtures before playing the Yorkshire cup, Pennine Cup and District cup which are not that well supported.

Finally have Brighouse folded the results show several 30-0 results so to me it seems you are just juggling figures to suit.

I think you'll find teams like Brighouse, Selby and a few others are fliting between summer and winter and don't finish either season, if you played every week (I'm sure the referee numbers wouldn't allow everyone to play every week) the season would be over in a little over 4 months, then having the cups would be OK for the teams winning, the ones knocked out early would be without a game for a long time.

The Pennine have no say on when the BARLA Cup are played, this is determined by the RFL who set their calendar out at the beginning of the season and they tell them when they can have their cup competitions. Clubs can request 2 free week throughout the season but must give 4 weeks notice in order to do so.

The option of no cup games (barring the Yorkshire Cup) was a decision voted in by the clubs who wanted a set fixture list upto xmas, unfortunately when clubs pull out of the Pennine League before then, the fixture secretary tries his best to get clubs fixtures rather than sit on his backside and leave them to have a blank week. The only downside to that is now, when there are clubs partcipating in 4 competitions, and with 3 of them being cups he can only schedule games as far ahead as the next cup draw , as well as fitting league fixtures in. The weather does not help also with councils calling games off en block when there is nothing wrong with their pitches.  

The website, which is run by the RFL is not fit for purpose, the tables are wrong but despite many requests to sort it out nothing has happened and no emails get replied to. I assure you the tables in the 2 rugby papers are correct.

With regards to Brighouse, yes they have folded from the Pennine this season as any team folding before 1st february gets their results expunged, after that they are awarded 30-0 to the opposition, it's quite a long story why they pulled out, but I can't comment on it too much as the situation is quite serious, but it was all to do with sponsorship which was unexpectedly terminated last month, which not only lost the club income but more importantly lost a hell of a lot of players jobs, and they were not all Brighouse players, a lot were from the Wakefield area.   

Correct tables can be found in the attached link.

20180203.pdf

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:15 PM, MJB said:

The Pennine have no say on when the BARLA Cup are played, this is determined by the RFL who set their calendar out at the beginning of the season and they tell them when they can have their cup competitions. Clubs can request 2 free week throughout the season but must give 4 weeks notice in order to do so.

The option of no cup games (barring the Yorkshire Cup) was a decision voted in by the clubs who wanted a set fixture list upto xmas, unfortunately when clubs pull out of the Pennine League before then, the fixture secretary tries his best to get clubs fixtures rather than sit on his backside and leave them to have a blank week. The only downside to that is now, when there are clubs partcipating in 4 competitions, and with 3 of them being cups he can only schedule games as far ahead as the next cup draw , as well as fitting league fixtures in. The weather does not help also with councils calling games off en block when there is nothing wrong with their pitches.  

The website, which is run by the RFL is not fit for purpose, the tables are wrong but despite many requests to sort it out nothing has happened and no emails get replied to. I assure you the tables in the 2 rugby papers are correct.

With regards to Brighouse, yes they have folded from the Pennine this season as any team folding before 1st february gets their results expunged, after that they are awarded 30-0 to the opposition, it's quite a long story why they pulled out, but I can't comment on it too much as the situation is quite serious, but it was all to do with sponsorship which was unexpectedly terminated last month, which not only lost the club income but more importantly lost a hell of a lot of players jobs, and they were not all Brighouse players, a lot were from the Wakefield area.   

Correct tables can be found in the attached link.

20180203.pdf

How comes East Leeds have only played 6 league games ?

10 hours ago, Marauder said:

How comes East Leeds have only played 6 league games ?

Is this because teams are cancelling or fixtures not been given to East Leeds.

Like I said previously the Pennine League must be the only one that cannot supply a fixture list for a full season at the start or are we just making allowances for teams to pull out when it suits them.

Would teams think more about leaving and fulfilling fixtures if they had to pay a entrance fee which would be held by the league with fines etc deducted out of it and whats left returned at the end of the season to teams or saved by the league for the following season and topped up if required for fines which have been paid the previous season.

I know this seems a bit extreme and would mean teams which are not committed probably would not join meaning smaller leagues but at least teams remaining would be less likely to cancel games or pull out of the league and we would be able to be provided a season long fixture list at the start..   

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, georgehadgingerhair said:

Is this because teams are cancelling or fixtures not been given to East Leeds.

Like I said previously the Pennine League must be the only one that cannot supply a fixture list for a full season at the start or are we just making allowances for teams to pull out when it suits them.

Would teams think more about leaving and fulfilling fixtures if they had to pay a entrance fee which would be held by the league with fines etc deducted out of it and whats left returned at the end of the season to teams or saved by the league for the following season and topped up if required for fines which have been paid the previous season.

I know this seems a bit extreme and would mean teams which are not committed probably would not join meaning smaller leagues but at least teams remaining would be less likely to cancel games or pull out of the league and we would be able to be provided a season long fixture list at the start..   

Offenders have to pay a bond, we had to after we pulled out a few years ago with internal problems that drove our players away.

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:17 AM, Little no it all said:

MJB you talking a load of BARLA play games when they want nothing to do with the RFL how can the Yorkshire cup finals be played when the national cup is starting just shows thry have no control 

Sorry to inform you but MJB isn't talking rubbish at all, the RFL set the dates for the calendar at the start of the season, we tried to arrange a game for this weekend with a team who are down to play in the National Cup but it's nearly 100% their game will not be going ahead, the Pennine where not allowed to give us the fixture

12 hours ago, Little no it all said:

Marauder I think u are mistaken with RFL and BARLA the pennine league is part of BARLA and have no idea of what's going on 

Your obviously out of touch, the RFL control the game, BARLA only run the traditional season under the guidance of the RFL Via the Community board who also set the dates for all competitions to start and finish.

The BARLA Cups have set dates issued by the RFL as far as I'm aware, playing leagues can throw in their cups when they want as long as they don't clash whith these. District leagues go through their playing leagues to get dates for their games.

When it comes to Junior district cups, The RFL will not allocate any dates for district league cups as they don't recognise District Leagues.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, topcentre21 said:

it seems to me both pennine and yml team as soon as theres nothing to play for they either drop out or pick and choose when they aant to play

Bang Right, or if nothing to play for the players leave and then the team has not got enough players to compete. this is working both ways as the Summer teams come August are folding too. It was all fine when all clubs played the same season as if someone left they had nowhere to go as the transfer stopped in February. the other problem why teams are folding from the lack of players is unlimited registrations. a winter team has over 100 players signed on, if this was brought back to how it was and maybe a few more, 35 per team then the other 65 plus would have to find somewhere else to play instead of just signing for the best team in the area and not playing one game. this has killed the small clubs.

The Barla cups are set in the RFL Calendar The National cup starts before the Yorkshire cup final as the Final used to be held between Xmas and the New Year, years ago almost everybody had the week off between Xmas and New Year but that is now a working week and people find it hard to get time off during that week. Any cups within a league are run by the league.

Any Barla  cup and the Scholarships as well as the Academy games are all in the RFL Calendar, The National cup dates for all ages were put in on the 9th November but overlooked by the RFL with the u16`s on the 18th February as the scholarships started.

If 2 teams are in the Yorkshire or National cup from the Pennine League then it is the discretion of the Pennine league if they wish to get this game played on a different date due to weather or cancellations, Most are played on the dates given in the RFL Calendar.

The Yorkshire cup Final was brought forward a week due to the Challenge cup with one of the finalists in both, The NCL date of the 3rd March was brought forward as the NCL season started.

The dates Barla gave on the 9th November was before any fixtures or dates were given out by the RFL or the NCL league so Barla have bent over again to allow clubs to play.

Archived