Downer announced as World Club Challenge sponsor

http://www.asiapacificrl.com/2018/02/05/downer-announced-world-club-challenge-sponsor/

The World Club Challenge has received a major boost with Downer Group joining as the naming rights partner for the marquee event.

The Downer World Club Challenge will see NRL Premiers Melbourne Storm host English Super League Champions Leeds Rhinos at AAMI Park on February 16.

The landmark game will see rugby league’s two premier teams battle it out for the right to be crowned World Champion.

Today’s announcement sees Downer continue their proud connection to rugby league on the back of their two-year association with the Auckland Nines.

The Chief Executive Officer of Downer, Grant Fenn, said Downer was thrilled to be supporting a game that would determine which rugby league team was the best in the world.

“Melbourne Storm and Leeds Rhinos have both enjoyed great success over a number of years and this will be an outstanding game of footy.

“This will be the first time the World Cup Challenge has been played in Melbourne, and only the fourth time in 41 years it has been played in Australia, so it is a very exciting way to start the 2018 season.”

With the game to be shown live on Channel Nine and around the world, the Downer World Club Challenge will once again see Melbourne front and centre on the global stage.

Storm CEO Dave Donaghy said the Club was delighted to have Downer on board as a major partner for the marquee event.

“It is fantastic to welcome Downer back to rugby league as the naming rights partner of the Downer World Club Challenge.

“Melbourne Storm is excited to not only play in a game of this significance but also host such a major event in our great city.

“With a trophy up for grabs on a Friday night in Melbourne, we have no doubt all Storm fans and sport lovers will come along to Downer World Club Challenge and showcase why we truly are the sporting capital of the world.”

See, some people now know who they are who didn't know previously. Sponsorship works! So whenever you have any civil engineering projects give them a call and remember to tell them where you heard about them. 

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

They obviously know their market ?

When it comes to appealing to RL fans' innate optimism, they must've outbid Dignitas... 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Mattrhino said:

Is the RFL getting anything from this? As we must have lost the contract with Dacia becsuse the Aussie's refused to travel.

I imagine the RFL will get exactly what the NRL got when we were staging it nothing. If it’s done the same way Melbourne will guarantee Leeds a set amount anything over that is theirs to keep. 

6 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I imagine the RFL will get exactly what the NRL got when we were staging it nothing. If it’s done the same way Melbourne will guarantee Leeds a set amount anything over that is theirs to keep. 

In the press release it was the Melbourne guy commenting on it suggesting it was them rather than any governing body sorting this deal, so I suspect youre right.

Archived