Self cloning crayfish

Just now, Shadow said:

Cas Vegas was Ace

He was.

Rhuby was a putz.  But still better that the so-called Soopder Dooper League posters of today.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

3 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

That Silent Bob bloke was interesting in a quiet, introspective way. 

He was misunderstood by many.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

20 minutes ago, ckn said:

He was misunderstood by many.

3 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Always worth listening to though

He talked a lot more sense than many visitors to this forum that we've had over the years. :tease:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

1 hour ago, Griff9of13 said:

He talked a lot more sense than many visitors to this forum that we've had over the years. :tease:

Those that took the time got some good insights from him. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Them wurt days.

-TotalRL.com Fans Forum (http://www.fans-forum.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi)
--The Rugby League Forum (http://www.fans-forum.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/forums.cgi?forum=1)
---Boots 'n' All (http://www.fans-forum.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/forums.cgi?forum=1&topic=20120)

-- Posted by Kenilworth Tiger on 9:08 am on April 8, 2004

While I find it hard to not be happy with an entire programme dedicated to Rugby League, I can't help feeling that Boots 'n' All is complete rubbish. 

They try to cover too much and poor old Rod Stud (Cracking name as it is) gets the obligatory 10 seconds to round up the whole of SuperLeague, then Stevo Dicko proceeds to talk absolute garbage - the programmes's painful!! 

THe Footy show in Aus is amazing and , although I'm sure it'd cost too much to produce something like that, something needs to change with it. 

What do other people think?

-- Posted by MILLWARD IS A GURNER on 9:15 am on April 8, 2004

I used to go mad if I missed it, now I'm not really bothered. It certainly needs some kind of revamp.

-- Posted by Cookie on 9:19 am on April 8, 2004

An hour does not give them enough time to do a proper round up of matches and get in the obligatory "magazine" articles. I would like to see it go back to 1 1/2 hours again.

-- Posted by tim2 on 9:20 am on April 8, 2004

I may be getting old, but half the show seems to consist of constant high volume music over fast moving clips of old tries and cheerleaders. The other half is repeated reminders that we have four matches over Easter. 

Last night's show was poor. No mention of the Craig Miles incident (or did I miss it?) - was this for legal reasons? 

-- Posted by Grinner on 9:28 am on April 8, 2004

Sky never mention anything that is actually genuinly controversial. 

(Edited by Grinner at 9:28 am on April 8, 2004)

-- Posted by milly on 9:41 am on April 8, 2004

I thought last nights programme was pathetic. I was waiting fir news on the Craig Miles incident; for them to send best wishes to the London Broncos U18's player who is seriously ill in hospital. They mentioned the NL sponsorship, but didn't include NL3 - just ignored that league completely! 

How many times were we reminded that we had four live games this weekend? Bradford, Saints, Leeds and Wigan (although not to the same extend these days) should have a show dedicated to themselves and then there should be another show for the rest! 

Milly

-- Posted by rhubarbtriangulist on 9:44 am on April 8, 2004

i switched off after the highlights of the games.  they don't even show all the tries.

-- Posted by barlahonours on 10:27 am on April 8, 2004

First time I've watched it in ages, and I suddenly remembered why it's been so long! 

It used to be quite good when it first started years ago but it's been one big steep hill since then.

-- Posted by Kenilworth Tiger on 10:36 am on April 8, 2004

Quote: from MILLWARD IS A GURNER on 9:15 am on April 8, 2004
I used to go mad if I missed it, now I'm not really bothered. It certainly needs some kind of revamp. 

My thoughts exactly MIAG

-- Posted by The Clan on 11:07 am on April 8, 2004

This is not the usual rant about Stevo! 

This season I've noticed Stevo going off on a tangent almost as if he has lost the thread of the conversation. On one or two occasions he looks as though he has realised, mid sentence, that he's wandering and tries to correct himself. 
Eddie and Clarkie look bemused, more than normal, and seem to have covered for him with their following comments. 

I realy think that Stevo has run his course and quite apart from the usual controversy he now seems to be suffering from some kind of dimensia. 

Has anyone else noticed this

-- Posted by SuperSym on 11:29 am on April 8, 2004

I think Boot n all is a magazine show and so just talks about various things, highlights are in there and there is no controvercial news thats for the papers not telly !! It is all we have and I quite like it. If you want to know more about what sean long bought at tescos or other such indepth daily stuff get your local rag.

-- Posted by tim2 on 12:11 pm on April 8, 2004

Quote: from SuperSym on 11:29 am on April 8, 2004
I think Boot n all is a magazine show and so just talks about various things, highlights are in there and there is no controvercial news thats for the papers not telly !! It is all we have and I quite like it. If you want to know more about what sean long bought at tescos or other such indepth daily stuff get your local rag.

No, that's not what we want. I hate to say this, but the RU show is actually better (in presentation, not obviously the product!). 

What I want is: 

Better highlights from the non-live SL matches 
Decent coverage of one Arriva Trains or NL (1, 2 or 3) match per week 
A full news roundup, including controversial stuff. 
Stevo v Clarke weekly predictions for ALL SL matches 
Round-up from the NRL 
International news and highlights (if any)   
Amateur news 

I notice that the RU show is 90 mins, not 60. Also, they stopped having fans e-mails (was that because somebody mailed in as Mike Ocksard?) 

By the way, Leeds are playing Bradford tonight. Oh, and Saints v Wigan tomorrow. 

PS Leeds v Bradford tonight. 

(Edited by tim2 at 2:43 pm on April 8, 2004)

-- Posted by RUTHLESS RUFUS on 12:13 pm on April 8, 2004

######,LACKS DEPTH OR INSIGHT

-- Posted by kaiser on 5:16 pm on April 8, 2004

shame clare balding couldnt ne brought in to replace stevo-would also show that women are also intrested and knowledgeable about league.bit more depth maybe in covering weekends games and more info on div 1-3 as well as top amateur game of the week maybe as well as mention of nrl and when on international games like usa-irish wolfhounds,report maybe on serbia,holland,russia etc.show needs to be 90mins long  obviously to fit and cover everything to a decent standard.

-- Posted by JB Down Under on 5:20 pm on April 8, 2004

sounds like a good reflection of the state of Sky's coverage of SL. They give it airtime and want to show RL in a good light but are totally clueless ! Poor hosts, poor commentators, lack of depth of knowledge of the game, lack of knowledge of what the modern day fan is after, lack of interest in anything outside of SL etc etc etc

-- Posted by Dally on 5:27 pm on April 8, 2004

Sky need to hire a studio in Manchester. Its crazy that Eddie and Clarkey + guest have to travel to London and that interviewees are by 'phone (good as Barry Mac was last night). 

The round up is too long or too short to be meaningful. The individual reports / articles too shallow and too much link waffle / preparation for the adverts and whats coming after the break. 

In essence they make about 15 minutes of comment / reporting fill one hour. 

Great to have the programme, great its an hour, but it would be great to have a bit more substance.

-- Posted by Big Robbo on 8:41 pm on April 8, 2004

Id have steveo over that clair whats her face of the bbc stick to the national claire she dose my head in leave rugby to the blokes

-- Posted by cstrettle on 1:10 am on April 9, 2004

Have to agree with this thread. 

If you look at the SKY union magazine program, its much better. They actually analyse what has happened and review upcoming games. 

We have Sid Domics Artwork etc (no disrespect) which in all honesty i dont care about.

-- Posted by Dennis Bloodnock on 4:09 am on April 9, 2004

If you think "The Footy Show" is better than Boots n all,then it must be bad. 
The Footy Show is awful,Fatty,Sterlo and co have passed the use by date.Then Matty Johns does his Reg Reagan skits which are about as funny as John Howard.He does interviews in the street with people(usually from an ethnic background) who do not follow RL and tries to take the p**s out of the way they speak.I know a few Wigan fans who would like him to ask Matty Johns when he is going to give Wigan the money back that he took under false pretensions. 
All in all it is apile of ###### with very little content. 
The Sunday edition with Gus and Andrew Voss is a lot better IMHO.

TotalRL.com Fans Forum powered by Ikonboard
http://www.ikonboard.com

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 1 year later...
On 10/02/2018 at 11:17, Shadow said:

Cas Vegas was Ace

Oh yes. ?

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

--------------------------

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

29 minutes ago, Cas Vegas said:

Oh yes. ?

So where have you been, you lazy git? :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

So where have you been, you lazy git? :kolobok_wink:

Heh. That there abroad. It's rubbish. Full of foreign-types. The th'interweb's rubbish there. Thank goodness for Brexit.

</ducks>

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

I used to follow that mobiclaw thread and didn't have a clue. It was still funny though. I think Futtocks was the main culprit. Him, Paley, Bob8 and Shads. Silent Bob's contributions kept me sane throughout.

Imagine if all that missing lot came back with Cas Vegas? Clive Woody, L'Angelo, York Rhino....

Apologies for the inadvertent clique-iness, but a lot of us have been here a long time, hanging onto everyone's words, and lost loads of friends and a good number of loons along the way. 

Edit - but we've gained loads of friends and loons too!

On 05/12/2019 at 21:34, Leeds Wire said:

I used to follow that mobiclaw thread and didn't have a clue. It was still funny though. I think Futtocks was the main culprit. Him, Paley, Bob8 and Shads. Silent Bob's contributions kept me sane throughout.

Imagine if all that missing lot came back with Cas Vegas? Clive Woody, L'Angelo, York Rhino....

Apologies for the inadvertent clique-iness, but a lot of us have been here a long time, hanging onto everyone's words, and lost loads of friends and a good number of loons along the way. 

Edit - but we've gained loads of friends and loons too!

"Loons"?!?!?

?

Archived