Keighley Predictions

bomberisgod

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

it isnt always down to form , do you drop big name players who travel and are costing serious amounts of cash or keep persisting to justify the wage cost ?

4 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

it isnt always down to form , do you drop big name players who travel and are costing serious amounts of cash or keep persisting to justify the wage cost ?

What would you propose to solve the problem ? Get shot of all the travelers and go with a bare bones squad ?

1 minute ago, Anonymouse said:

no but do you think they come to west cumbria on the cheap ?

I'll say what I've been told by someone I trust. "Some gobsh*tes on the forum think that a fortune is being spent on some of the players, that's a load of b*locks, you'd be surprised, and there's money left for other signings if needs be."

3 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

What would you propose to solve the problem ? Get shot of all the travelers and go with a bare bones squad ?

In an ideal situation players get dropped but we saw not long ago players who travel and were key signings it doesnt often happen , take Hulme and Murphy for example , both were poor in some games , was forrester put in Murphy's boots ? or Akehurst in Hulmes ?

9 minutes ago, Monkeydo said:

I'll say what I've been told by someone I trust. "Some gobsh*tes on the forum think that a fortune is being spent on some of the players, that's a load of b*locks, you'd be surprised, and there's money left for other signings if needs be."

that explains nothing , obviously some big backing and sponsors have come on board , which isnt a bad thing  , it certainly wouldnt have been possible on league 1 funding and last seasons sponsors 

13 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

In an ideal situation players get dropped but we saw not long ago players who travel and were key signings it doesnt often happen , take Hulme and Murphy for example , both were poor in some games , was forrester put in Murphy's boots ? or Akehurst in Hulmes ?

If forrester or Akehurst stuck around they could have had a shirt for most of the relegation season. Can't recall going with 17 very often !!  Leon will pick players on form NOT on how much they get paid....

2 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

coach said all 3 were out due to illness, how did Jason Mossop do today in his first game ? OOPs sorry this is a Town forum, ;)

Knocked on a walk in try at 6-0 but dont think that would have changed the result of the game

I don’t know or much care what guys are getting paid , it’s not for us . You’ve gotta trust the people on the inside who know the numbers to run the ship responsibly. This new set up has done ok so far . And remember some of these players are in the last chance saloon and maybe haven’t got many options , and we’re throwing them a lifeline , so it’s not all in their court to demand anymore . I’m sure it’s mutually beneficial and the hope is somewhat sustainable with attracting fans to see these guys they know of and hopefully better results . I just wanna see us  win  and get up the ladder again , whoever we get and wherever they’re from , I’m not fussed as long as they put it in . If that’s the aim then great , you get fed up being disappointed and losing or struggling  against decent or workmanlike  teams .  At least we’re having a dig for better with players who give you a bit of optimism and a buzz to see them . Last year was the pits and we’ve been treading water  so this is a huge upturn I couldn’t have foreseen, and  it’s gonna be interesting to watch now 

Just back from the game , I have got to say Town are playing a better brand of rugby than last year, this was always going to be a hard match, the two friendlys didn't push Town and the haven game was spoiled by not having people on the park, Keighley are a good well balanced side, not much size but fast and enthusiastic with the ball in hand and I was very impressed with their 6,7 and 9 but for me there fullback was class, Town with a bit of luck could have pulled this out of the hat, there two trys just before half time were the killer. Gordon Maudling just gets better he is going to score a few this year, Wilkes took it up well and Bailey took some stopping, Newts and Penky directed well and Scott and Buffer looked better, although I still think if we had Jamie on the field we would have won this game but hey ho that's how it goes, Nice to see Jordan Tansey in the bar with the Town boys he will strengthen the centers up as this was were we were weak in my opinion, a defeat ye but get the defence sorted and I can see more wins than losses this year .UTT

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

that explains nothing , obviously some big backing and sponsors have come on board , which isnt a bad thing  , it certainly wouldnt have been possible on league 1 funding and last seasons sponsors 

lol. Obviously. Except you've no idea, but, you know, obviously and all that. The fella I spoke to was definitely right about the first thing he said to me ?

7 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Just back from the game , I have got to say Town are playing a better brand of rugby than last year, this was always going to be a hard match, the two friendlys didn't push Town and the haven game was spoiled by not having people on the park, Keighley are a good well balanced side, not much size but fast and enthusiastic with the ball in hand and I was very impressed with their 6,7 and 9 but for me there fullback was class, Town with a bit of luck could have pulled this out of the hat, there two trys just before half time were the killer. Gordon Maudling just gets better he is going to score a few this year, Wilkes took it up well and Bailey took some stopping, Newts and Penky directed well and Scott and Buffer looked better, although I still think if we had Jamie on the field we would have won this game but hey ho that's how it goes, Nice to see Jordan Tansey in the bar with the Town boys he will strengthen the centers up as this was were we were weak in my opinion, a defeat ye but get the defence sorted and I can see more wins than losses this year .UTT

Thank eff someone who was at the game and not just basing an opinion on 2 bloles on a radio! We've lost 1 game its not time to talk ###### about the team just look forward to improvement  as we go along!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

10 hours ago, DavidM said:

I hope he gets a chance at fb . The guy has a pedigree there second to none and that’s what got him signed , so you’d reckon they’d want to see him in his prime position that made his name 

Irrespective of who ends up first choice fullback, why put a proven winger with no fullback experience there, and put a fullback with proven experience on the wing??

10 hours ago, Monkeydo said:

If that's correct then bring em on. But if being concerned about the future of the club I love and have been watching for 54yrs makes me a ######, then so be it. UTT.

9 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Agree 100%, you were obviously at the same game as me, If Gordon can learn to hold the ball in heavy contact he has enormous potential, Thought it was one of Buffers best games in a town shirt to be honest and all the middles worked very hard, Dawson also impressed me with his defence (although clearly running on one leg). But yeah, we are very slow in the centres and is the area LP needs to address.

Archived