M.O.M. Fev V Toulouse (H)

Steve Slater

1. Clark - Every touch was fantastic and a massive try to top it off. Good low centre of gravity and balance - really hard to put down.  (Let's not tell Cas though)

2. Briscoe - SL quality finishes. (Plus the disallowed one) and could have had several  more with a better final pass.  In great form - no injuries please

3. Davies - usual strong running display but I think the game was won in the forwards defensively and I don't think Toulouse liked it up em today.  Davies led the way with those big hits but great intensity from all the team again (what about that hit by Moore near the end by the way)

Plenty of other candidates today : Holmes,Thacks and Handley close behind.

1. Clarke - outstanding rampaging Bossy-esque performance, capped off with a hard-earned try, carried on his great form from last week, son of Trev may just have found his spiritual home - gerrim signed up!

2. Johnny D - brilliant and everywhere in defence and a signature crash try to boot - I'd imagine young Hepi was re-living that hit (and the one from Moore late on) in his sleep last night.

3. Briscoe - another big contribution from someone notionally playing out on the wing, terrifies his defenders and so difficult to tackle.

Honourable mentions for Handley who was brilliant coming off t'other wing, Thacks who looked solid and provided a real attacking threat at FB, and Rich Moore for one of his best games in a Fev shirt. In fairness they pretty much all played great, nicely led around by Riddy/Holmes, especially once we really clicked in the second half. The Toulouse players looked shell shocked by the time we'd finished scoring, they won't be looking forward to the return fixture that's for sure.

Archived