Sneaky tactics.....

The Art of Hand and Foot

The fact is that rugby league is considered a second class sport, football is king, with rugby union consider a national sport. The governing body of Rugby Union and has taken out a trade licence in order for the sport of RU to be known as Rugby. Rugby league was professional for a 100 years and did not think to take out a trade mark over the name of rugby. 

I also see rugby union are now trying a 10 aside competition they already have sevens as an Olympic sport as well as in the commonwealth games. 

Now we are a "summer"  sport we are now behind cricket and playing numbers in the amateur game are dropping off as well as specators numbers 

It would not matter if Jim from Oldham ran our club it would be in the same poor financial position 

I was talking with a relative of mine whilst at the U12's Mayfield game on Sunday and he is a sport teacher at Audenshaw and trains the school RU team.  He was telling me that the juniors play with 11 men, don't have contested scrume and don't have line-outs - I said, intruduce play the balls instead of rucks and it's RL!!

Things like this make me wonder as I do believe that some coincidences are a long time in the planning.

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

Archived