Conference TV Coverage

I'm really looking forward to this! I expect the coverage will be fairly basic, but still, a chance to get some national airtime for clubs like these is great.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Defender1 said:

Think this is very positive for the game, we have always lacked media coverage, read somewhere this could make the coverage available to 18 million as it is on Sky (424) and Freeview (95), more than can watch Super League

As far as FreeView is concerned, the channel will only be available to TVs or set-top boxes with FreeView HD. However, HD-compatible tuners will become far more commonplace (and cheaper) as time goes by.

But the potential reach has gone from zero to several million in one step. Not bad, by any standard!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

I missed it at the time, but Leigh East v Stanningly was shown yesterday on livestream.com and will apparently be re-streamed this evening, although it doesn't say exactly when.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 04/03/2018 at 12:00 PM, Futtocks said:

I missed it at the time, but Leigh East v Stanningly was shown yesterday on livestream.com and will apparently be re-streamed this evening, although it doesn't say exactly when.

Just checked your link. It's available to watch now. If it's like other Livestream events does it not stay "on demand"  until the broadcasters (Leigh East maybe) remove it??? Unsure about this but its still available. 

50 minutes ago, yanto said:

Just checked your link. It's available to watch now. If it's like other Livestream events does it not stay "on demand"  until the broadcasters (Leigh East maybe) remove it??? Unsure about this but its still available. 

When I posted it, it wasn't available to play on demand. The 'watch again' link wasn't there, but it is now. Maybe they held that back 'til after the scheduled repeat.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Does anybody know the logistics of how they will be doing the coverage, i.e.  are they fetching their own cranes with cameras like Sky, will Simmo be commentating at a Studio miles away, or be at the grounds ? or will it just be 2 blokes with cameras stood in the crowd, be interesting to see how they do it ? 

Whats peoples grounds like after the snow flurry last night, Is Rochdale game v Egremont in doubt??. I have checked weather forecast and no further snow is due but just checking what peoples thoughts are due to last weeks games mostly called off.

21 minutes ago, mickhornet said:

Why a 5pm ko?

TV schedules - the match fits between two live Ice Hockey games on Freesports.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here we go - just a week late (thanks, Beast), but NCL Rugby is now on live, free-to-air- terrestrial, national TV! :cool: 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Trevor Hunt and Mick Morgan in the commentary box.

Pitch looks very muddy in the middle, so any chips'n'grubbers into the boggy patch could cause chaos.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rochdale Mayfield 6:0 Egremont, after just over 4 minutes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived