Dewsbury

The Baron Mk11

4 hours ago, Hornets Nest said:

The club is obviously struggling at the moment both on and off the pitch, no one wants to see this. However forging better links with Mayfield is inevitable and should be done at the expense of DR.

The production line of young talent is incredible as can be seen from players that are now at Wigan, St Helens etc.

Are Hornets aware of the potential one asks? Does anyone ever come and assess the exceptional talent in the youth teams?

There is the small matter that there may be some financial gain for young players signing for the likes of Wigan and Saints etc or maybe these clubs are more attractive than Hornets. Either way, who would you sign for as a young player, it’s a no brainer really, with all due respects to our local team.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

1 hour ago, mickhornet said:

Shoudnt write us off yet.

I'll agree with that.

A shambolic opening quarter. Playing without possession, the first try from a high cross kick and then 12 points presented on a plate really takes some pulling back, no matter what stage of the season or the standard of opposition. Obviously, sin binning and penalty count don't help, either.  

Whilst Hornets looked inferior in many areas, having not played for so long, I really think the players were caught cold. After hearing talk of '50 or 60 points' at half time, I think it was a very encouraging second half performance, especially taking into account the injury situation.

Keep the faith........and the fingers crossed.

Well done to Dewsbury. Well drilled, organised and took advantage of the situation. They'll give a few of the more 'well off' teams a run for their money, I'm sure.

Great standard of pitch, too. Well done to all concerned.

Oh...and all the best to 'Dale' tonight.

19 hours ago, ornit4ever said:

There is the small matter that there may be some financial gain for young players signing for the likes of Wigan and Saints etc or maybe these clubs are more attractive than Hornets. Either way, who would you sign for as a young player, it’s a no brainer really, with all due respects to our local team.

Agreed there is always the financial aspect of a players career development. But my main point was, is anyone actually running the rule over all of these promising young players. Other clubs obviously are.

Everything does not have to be Warrington / East Lancashire Road centric.  

In League one its match fee if you play. In the Championship its contracts, Hornets can't sustain contract money so i think there is only one place we  are heading. But it will probably all change next season anyway. Best sport in the world, going down the drain. 

Archived