Rochdale Hornets

We all know that Hornets are going through difficulties at the moment,due to postponed matches, on top of the financial difficulties from last season.TLCRF80mins have started a just giving page if you can spare £10 or any amount please do. Together we can help Hornets through this difficult time.

Thank You from The #HornetsFamily to the #RugbyLeagueFamily  

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/tlcrf80minsbucketcollection

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing when you consider how much Leigh got after getting relegated from Super League (I’m sure the podcast said 1.25 mil) and Rochdale in the same league have a crowd funding page set up for £5000. No hate towards Leigh or any other side but the disparity is frightening. What a shame it would be if clubs like Rochdale went under. 

9 hours ago, fevtom said:

Amazing when you consider how much Leigh got after getting relegated from Super League (I’m sure the podcast said 1.25 mil) and Rochdale in the same league have a crowd funding page set up for £5000. No hate towards Leigh or any other side but the disparity is frightening. What a shame it would be if clubs like Rochdale went under. 

It was ever thus, I think, but the parachute payment (500k, I'm told) does feel like a bit of a kick in the nuts for other Championship clubs - and the game as a whole. But as Derek Beaumont said, it was in the 'gift' of SL clubs to make that payment and they did. All you can hope is that they invest it wisely.

Hornets have been hit by a bit of a double whammy - the club's (previous) main sponsor went bust owing a five figure sum they'd committed to, and another sponsor pulled out at the last minute. That in itself put a  real dent in our 2018 budget.

The we had the Batley game wiped out courtesy of Spotland's horrendous pitch, which not only deprived us of our big Championship opener, but wiped out 30% of February's forecast revenue. CEO Steve Kerr is doing an amazing job keeping all the plates spinning, but the quite literal bottom line is that we have a hole to fill ASAP.

If anyone is feeling munificent, please do click the link above and chuck something into our 'online bucket' - if 500 RL fans donate a tenner, we'll hit our target.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

After all the vitriol Bulls supporters suffered on here (and elsewhere) over the last couple of years, from followers of numerous clubs but including especially various Championship and L1 clubs (and including Rochdale) I swore on here I would never ever support any other club's pleas for help ever again. Why should I? 

Somehow, though I seem to have wavered after reading Hornetto's explanation above. £20 donated.

Maybe Hornetto should be in politics...?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

6 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

After all the vitriol Bulls supporters suffered on here (and elsewhere) over the last couple of years, from followers of numerous clubs but including especially various Championship and L1 clubs (and including Rochdale) I swore on here I would never ever support any other club's pleas for help ever again. Why should I? 

Somehow, though I seem to have wavered after reading Hornetto's explanation above. £20 donated.

Thanks as they say every little helps

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

10 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

Thanks Adey - it's appreciated. Drink's on me at our fixture next season.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

4 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

How much does it cost to be a member of the hornets trust?

£20 for a standard membership then there are four higher bands. For £20 you become a co-owner of the club, the opportunity to stand for election to the board and approx four members meetings per year including the AGM.

For any one who wants to become a member email info@hornetsrugbyleague.com and they can send you a membership form out. They can also be picked up from the office midweek 10-00/16-00 or on a match day from the office or club shop.

2 hours ago, boro hornet said:

For any one who wants to become a member email info@hornetsrugbyleague.com and they can send you a membership form out. They can also be picked up from the office midweek 10-00/16-00 or on a match day from the office or club shop.

I just paid this year's  - and next year's! I'm in over my head ha ha...

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Just chucked a tenner in. I've also shared on Facebook and Twitter - It might help.

I will be trying to get to Spotland again a few times this season, have always enjoyed it when I've been in the past.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

1 minute ago, Griff9of13 said:

Just chucked a tenner in. I've also shared on Facebook and Twitter - It might help.

I will be trying to get to Spotland again a few times this season, have always enjoyed it when I've been in the past.

Thanks Griff

11 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Will you be able to show your face at the Vestacare if you become a Hornets' member 'spud?

No chance...

I was just wondering how much it was and wondering if upping the cost of membership was a option? Or changing it to monthly?

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

11 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

No chance...

I was just wondering how much it was and wondering if upping the cost of membership was a option? Or changing it to monthly?

We do all of those things: If you fancied being a Platinum Member, it'd cost you £500 a year spread monthly. Standard is £20, Bronze is £60, Silver £120 and Gold £240.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

1 hour ago, Hornetto said:

We do all of those things: If you fancied being a Platinum Member, it'd cost you £500 a year spread monthly. Standard is £20, Bronze is £60, Silver £120 and Gold £240.

Like I said I just wondered..I tend not to give a stuff what happens over in mordor ;)

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Archived