16 Feb: World Club Challenge: Melbourne Storm v Leeds Rhinos KO 9am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Melbourne Storm by 19 points or more
    • Melbourne Storm by 13 to 18 points
    • Melbourne Storm by 7 to 12 points
    • Melbourne Storm by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 13 to 18 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 19 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/18 at 09:00

Still a newbie especially when it comes to NRL but I'm going for Storm because  they will be much freshers and guys will be fighting for starting spots for their season and they have some of the best players in the game lining up for this if i recall correctly.

Storm by 12. 

Leeds to be competitive first half hour, maybe get on the board but last ten of first half and last half hour Storm will show their class IMO. Hope it isn't an absolute drubbing  a ) because I hope SL really isn't 'that' for behind NRL and b ) because it'll probably see the end of the concept if another SL teams gets hammered or at the very least have the Aussie press treat it with even less regard than they do already. 

You do know Wigan won it last year? And the SL teams have a pretty decent record overall in this fixture. 

Think Melbourne have been an awesome team but they won’t be hitting the heights of last year on Friday due to personnel changes and the scheduling. They also lost a trial a few days ago although you can’t read too much into that. 

Leeds do stand a chance if they are on top form, which I hope they are. 

10 minutes ago, Mushy said:

You do know Wigan won it last year? And the SL teams have a pretty decent record overall in this fixture. 

Think Melbourne have been an awesome team but they won’t be hitting the heights of last year on Friday due to personnel changes and the scheduling. They also lost a trial a few days ago although you can’t read too much into that. 

Bookies make Melbourne 20 point favourites, mate.

There’s a reason everyone thinks the Storm will win (despite what we all hope might happen).

If you really think Leeds should be better regarded in this game, you could make a killing at the bookmakers.

30 minutes ago, Mushy said:

No Slater, Smith, Croft, Curtis, Chambers etc played in the trial so no guage to go by. Leeds to start well until Melbourne click, though could Tire at the end.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

nothing at all on the bbc website about the rhinos being down under and prepping for the wcc

That's sad. RL deserves better. 

With the game,  Storm by 20 I feel is actually a decent bet. I mean they won the GF 34-6....over North Queensland. Leeds will be up for this but the gulf in class particularly at half back will be telling.

Hope I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Bookies make Melbourne 20 point favourites, mate.

There’s a reason everyone thinks the Storm will win (despite what we all hope might happen).

If you really think Leeds should be better regarded in this game, you could make a killing at the bookmakers.

I agree it’s very unlikely that Leeds will win but in a one off anything can happen. I’d probably go with a 12 point start if I were betting man which I’m not.

The point I was clumsily making was actually in response to this which would be a bit harsh given last year’s result. 

5 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

it'll probably see the end of the concept if another SL teams gets hammered or at the very least have the Aussie press treat it with even less regard than they do already. 

2 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Think it would be the best ever win by an SL side. Better even than Wigan 94. To the point where Wigan in 93 would be something of a victory.

Leeds defence has been great this first couple of week and if they can defend that well it will be competitive. But if we attack like we have been it wont be. We can't expect the defence to the amount of work it has been doing.

Didn't Wigan play Brisbane in the middle of their season though? No pre-season nonsense excuses that year.

on their day- storm are prob 3 times better than the kangaroo side, depends if they field a full team and how serious they take it- a full strength fully focused team could run in 60 or more, I would imagine cb wont be taking this game lightly

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

42 minutes ago, Mushy said:

I agree it’s very unlikely that Leeds will win but in a one off anything can happen. I’d probably go with a 12 point start if I were betting man which I’m not.

The point I was clumsily making was actually in response to this which would be a bit harsh given last year’s result. 

Fair enough.

57 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Leeds to play the game of their lives, and take it by 6.

Jim Prendle a warrior!! Not a deafeatist like so many pundits opinions...let's hope the Rhinos take no notice of the pessimism and the easy jibes in the media I've read.

who needs defeatism before a game, certainly not the players and coach!

Currently on my way to Aus for this and then the Wigan and Hull games.  It will pain me greatly but I must admit that my hatred for Leeds will be trumped by my hatred for Aussies in this one!!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Two referees will be in action for this game. Dropped on Leeds at last minute after previously agreeing to playing to international rules (one referee)

Typical Aussies/NRL. Oh for a proper international governing body and one set of rules

Well for the Storm it's one of their trial games so they want it to be played under the rules of the competition that they are trialling for...

And how do you know that it was going to be played under international rules and that it's been changed at the last minute?

Archived