League 1: London Skolars home 18th February 2018

gogledd

Season starts properly. We've had two pre-season hit outs smashing West Wales and giving a good show against a decent St. Helen's side.

Skolars also beat West Wales 30 - 10 so will be in confident form.

Lets hope the 2018 season gets off to a good start and there are plenty of noisy Crusaders fans there to cheer on the team.

Kick off is 14:30 at Queensway Stadium, Queensway, Wrexham

Gifted a point to Skoklars today. Not very happy. Poor game management at the end 24 - 22 up with two minutes left with a kickable penalty and we play to hit the try line!!! Knock on, Skolars head down field and gain a penalty with 9 seconds left. 24 - 24  but feel like we lost.

2 hours ago, gogledd said:

Gifted a point to Skoklars today. Not very happy. Poor game management at the end 24 - 22 up with two minutes left with a kickable penalty and we play to hit the try line!!! Knock on, Skolars head down field and gain a penalty with 9 seconds left. 24 - 24  but feel like we lost.

Exactly how I felt...I was screaming for them to kick the 2 points, but no....

On the up-side, we did well against a very big Skolars side, and tackling was pretty good. Could have done with Brennen out there today. I've always felt we've an undersized pack, and they looked it today with even the Skolars backs looking rather large. On the odd occasion where we kicked early/found touch, it helped keep them back in their half a bit, and maybe that and the general game management is something Mr G hopefully will work on

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Archived