rochdales pitch.

roughyed1064

According to their messageboard people are sceptical about the £500,000 that has been reported. I wouldn't have thought replacing the top surface would cost anywhere near that (I could be wrong though), if it was a full base and pitch,drains etc then it would be more likely to be half a million. Maybe their club will announce the true figure spent on the new surface. Perhaps the £500k is what has been spent on the pitch in the last couple of years.The footy club stand to make a fair old bit from the Spurs cup tie,I would assume that will offset the costs in the pitch being relaid. At least Hornets can start their season on Monday night!

2 hours ago, FearNothing said:

Isn't Spotland council-owned? Would've thought that, if they do, they'd be paying for a far chunk?

If I remember  right, it was owned jointly by the football club and the old hornets. When the old hornets went pop their Share was transferred to the RFL. The RFL then sold that Share to the football club with a quarantee for the rugby. Oh and I think the council have a small stake.

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

If I remember  right, it was owned jointly by the football club and the old hornets. When the old hornets went pop their Share was transferred to the RFL. The RFL then sold that Share to the football club with a quarantee for the rugby. Oh and I think the council have a small stake.

Thanks for clarifying :)

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

The new surface certainly suited Dewsbury going to be a tough season for some in the Championship 

chappy

Cheers for asking mate he’s ok played the three friendly games at centre did fine but his groin was sore against the rhinos so he didn’t risk him at Hemel the pitch wasn’t up to standard the grass was so long and thick lol think he will be back in contention after the Oulton raiders CC game .Great win for you guys over in Cumbria Grimmer had to be happy last night when he saw the hairnets score lol best of look to all you Yeds get those bulls sorted at yours 

chappy

Archived