Rugby League Championships Limited

4 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Yeah he is the Batley bulldogs chairman. 

And certainly not a trouble maker given his past record. He could well have been asked to register it for future reference on behalf of clubs as he is in the legal game as I understand.

A cover plan for if Rimmer gets the RFL job perhaps? :D

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

And certainly not a trouble maker given his past record. He could well have been asked to register it for future reference on behalf of clubs as he is in the legal game as I understand.

That's what got my attention, Batley have always been one of the quieter, more responsible clubs. 

49 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

That's what got my attention, Batley have always been one of the quieter, more responsible clubs. 

Does being concerned about the future make them irresponsible?

Mr Nicholas has dropped several hints recently that he is concerned about the immediate future for clubs like Batley, and perhaps this is a first step towards a unified approach from the Championship clubs to the issues that they currently face.

Dreams?

Don't Stop (thinking about tomorrow)?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

2 hours ago, distantdog said:

Does being concerned about the future make them irresponsible?

Mr Nicholas has dropped several hints recently that he is concerned about the immediate future for clubs like Batley, and perhaps this is a first step towards a unified approach from the Championship clubs to the issues that they currently face.

My point was that they wouldn't take this step lightly and without discussions amongst the other championship clubs, not that the were being irresponsible. 

5 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

My point was that they wouldn't take this step lightly and without discussions amongst the other championship clubs, not that the were being irresponsible. 

Apologies, and for what it is worth, I agree. I suspect we are at a crossroads for the relationship between the Sl and the rest of RL.

18 hours ago, distantdog said:

Apologies, and for what it is worth, I agree. I suspect we are at a crossroads for the relationship between the Sl and the rest of RL.

I think it’s been heading down that way for a while, ever since licensing and then DR. 

Archived