Today’s game with Leigh

mickmike wilson

Elated and breathless aren't the words. Years since i've seen a team willing to put their bodies on the line as much as these guys. Credit to the team, the coaches, the whole club. May I also say what an enjoyable afternoon with the Leigh fans. Great craic in the bars and lovely people and to see them applaud our guys at the end nearly brought tears to my eye. Credit to both clubs. Gotta say this, to see Murph doing his bit selling his programmes and tickets in the local pubs, well, hats off to him. I just wish my mate who phoned me to say he was too ill to come today, could of. it would have been 2000 gate, lol.  Surely Barrovians, if this doesn't convince you to come to Crazy Park, nothing will.

Brilliant game, apart from scrappy period just before half time, Leigh never looked like scoring without assistance from ref, and linesmen, In the second half, barrows fitness was unbelievable, they played out their sets, and defence was top drawer, keep it up lads.

One hell of a performance today, hung on in the first Half, pretty much dominated the second half. The pack are laying the platform and Dalli is pulling the strings behind them, great to watch. The only negative for me is the constant whingeing from Barrow fans towards the ref, it happened last week too and is bloody embarrassing! Both weeks the ref is taking both teams back 11/12 yards so when the players are just in front of him they are still 10 yards from the ptb, it's not hard to work out.

Think Gate was 1999 Willow.  There was great atmosphere with excellent Leigh support.. There is a great team spirit developing here and long may it continue. MOM if had to pick one was Shane Toal but the whole team played fantastic and I’m now hoarse. Hope the person who needed medical assistance is ok. Keep up the good work Barrow. 

There were two things I thought about Leigh, when they moved the ball out quickly to the three-quarters  they had pace, but they got it in their heads they would eventually steamroller the barrow forwards, it never happened. As a full time professional team, they should know if your fighting the clock, you form scrums quickly to stop the clock, instead they just looked at each other and did not know what to do, even a good amateur team are taught that.

Absolutely fantastic game my heart has only just got back to the normal bpm. Great to see a large away support but they were far too quiet and needed to get behind their team in such a tight game. Superb hatrick by Toaly who is definitely not for sale.

Good post walneyite, agree, and being near the Tesco end and watching the medics I presume it was a Leigh supporter as that they were down there for the first half. I really, really hope he/she is ok. Would like to know. Good luck to whoever.

59 minutes ago, RAIDERSRUS said:

The only negative for me is the constant whingeing from Barrow fans towards the ref, it happened last week too and is bloody embarrassing! Both weeks the ref is taking both teams back 11/12 yards so when the players are just in front of him they are still 10 yards from the ptb, it's not hard to work out.

Correct, it’s actually boring to listen to over & over again.

outstanding performance today and we made a full time team who have probably spent 4/5 times more on their squad look VERY average in that 2nd half!

Again 17 players in Barrow shirts have given us 80 mins of courage, commitment and effort.

The crowd understands this and feels the effort and we all feel proud of our players.

Fair play to the Leigh supporters who also felt the 100% effort from the Barrow lads - true Rugby league fans.

A really good 2 points and, on paper we've played the "big three", but I think we're going to get harder tests when we cross the pennines and have to play other teams like ouselves like Halifax, Batley, Dewsbury and Fev.

Tonight though I'm a proud and happy fan.

There must be a millionaire in Lancashire wondering where his money has gone?

Shipbuilider01.png

fantastic effort and commitment from 1 to 17 + the other squad players and all the back room staff as well....well done guys

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

2 hours ago, mickmike wilson said:

Mainly local lads backed up with a few travelers Robin, Add a great local coach, togetherness, spirit, & a tremendous will & you get days like this & last week ?

RL is alive & well in S Cumbria ?

For me, you've hit the nail on the head. At Leigh, we decided (so, so wrongly, in my opinion) to get rid of ALL the local lads. You can go a long way with pride in the shirt, and excellent team spirit. Add in some skill and an excellent coach and there you are. Well done on yet another good win. Please continue doing it to everyone else!!;)

Thanks Alan,  We'll do our best.

Archived