Today’s game with Leigh

mickmike wilson

I regret I was unable to attend CP last week  but watched the reply on Sky. Brilliant though it was I couldn't help thinking that the weather and conditions were a leveller. Today the reverse occurred and I felt we completely outplayed Leigh. As has been said the forwards held Leigh for the who;e game and made very few errors and Dally's kicking constantly forced Leigh on the defensive. Mind you nothing could be more tense than the  last 10 minutes.

Barrow played extremely well and in the second half outplayed Leigh.Cresta is a fantastic coach and gets these players playing as team not as the vastly overpaid opposition.When the dryer pitches come I have no worries as i think Cresta will have the team prepared.Ihope everyone who  said Leigh by 20 points etc will think again as I think other teams will start doing.

COMON BARROW.

1 hour ago, clogdance said:

Good luck in the 'return fixture'.

No-one is in any doubt that we will need it.  Playing away at full time multi millionaire teams will always be tough.

Its not a level playing field. Apart from millionaire backing, Leigh's distribution is way more than Barrows 

No excuses, it is what it is. If it ends up Barrow 1, Leigh 1 thats not a bad result in the circumstances.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

7 hours ago, Dave W said:

Who would have thought, with our first three games being London away, followed by Toronto and Leigh at home, we'd be fifth in the table? 

Incredible stuff. The season starts now! 

Screenshot_2018-02-18-17-35-11.jpg

Must say that those are points no one expected you guys to have. But they are definitely points you guys have earned an I wish you boys all the best. 

11 hours ago, Bearman said:

No-one is in any doubt that we will need it.  Playing away at full time multi millionaire teams will always be tough.

Its not a level playing field. Apart from millionaire backing, Leigh's distribution is way more than Barrows 

No excuses, it is what it is. If it ends up Barrow 1, Leigh 1 thats not a bad result in the circumstances.

What worries me more is that I would happily settle for Barrow 1 Leigh 1, the way we are playing - but 2-0 seems more likely at the moment. Those who say the mud is a great leveller, could well be doing Barrow a great dis-service. Maybe Barrow would prefer to play in dry conditions too?

4 hours ago, willow said:

With Batley and Barrow both beating Leigh next weeks game on that hill could have a big bearing on how the season could pan out for both teams . Know its early days but it could be a pointer Up The Raiders 

Batley beat Leigh in 2016, but not this season......yet !

51 minutes ago, pennington said:

Brilliant performance, every player worked together and put together one of the best games I've watched by barrow. Leigh spent 1.6 million on wages but like there chairman said money clearly can't buy a team. Uptheraiders

Only 3 games played....we have 19 new players....and also a rubbish head coach + Keiron Cunningham !!!  ;)

6 hours ago, willow said:

With Batley and Barrow both beating Leigh next weeks game on that hill could have a big bearing on how the season could pan out for both teams . Know its early days but it could be a pointer Up The Raiders 

Now look, we have been beaten twice, but we did beat Batley - our only victory, as it happens, so kind of special to us, at the moment!;)

All the Leigh fans that I met and spoke to yesterday were a credit to your club, brilliant to see some of the Leigh fans applauding the Barrow team at the end.

A long way to go in the season and I am sure that Leigh will be up in the Super 8s at the end, good luck with the rest of the season (with the exception of the 29th April).

Thanks RT, but,  with your slope, I think with you are favourites. It's just that we are not used to that. Been a long time since we've been there. We'll do our best as always but at this time of the year, with the conditions, who knows? Don't you just love summer rugby, lol?

Archived