Just now, Futtocks said:

Hemel 0:74 Newcastle
Crusaders 28:24 Keighley
Bradford Bulls 82:6 West Wales Raiders
Coventry 42:12 Distington
Doncaster 68:6 Myton Warriors
Hunslet RLFC 72:16 Oulton Raiders (L)
Oldham 42:0 Featherstone Lions

Great effort by Distington. Long way to travel and put up a strong showing.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A game of two halves in Wrexham. Cougars 24-6 up after running through the poor crusaders defence at will. A complete reversal in the second half made for a cliff hanger of a game that could have gone either way right up to the hooter. Great win for the Cru and I must say some good support from Keighley.

3 minutes ago, clwydianrange said:

A game of two halves in Wrexham. Cougars 24-6 up after running through the poor crusaders defence at will. A complete reversal in the second half made for a cliff hanger of a game that could have gone either way right up to the hooter. Great win for the Cru and I must say some good support from Keighley.

Shocking by Keighley second half

Looks like barras bubble has burst too

23 minutes ago, clwydianrange said:

I wondered if it was over confidence on Keighley's part, thinking they were home and dry and when we came back at them they couldn't recover their rhythm and in the end their discipline collapsed and they started conceding penalty after penalty plus a late sin-binning that finally put the kybosh on it. As far as the large Keighley supporter next to me was concerned it was, of course, the ref's fault - but then, isn't it always? 281 of us there on a brilliantly sunny but bitingly cold day.

32 minutes ago, clwydianrange said:

A good win in the end against a very good Keighley side. A tense finish which could have gone either way.

Head steward said the crowd was 267 at kick off time, which was a bit disappointing, including 42 from Keighley.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

5 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

A good win in the end against a very good Keighley side. A tense finish which could have gone either way.

Head steward said the crowd was 267 at kick off time, which was a bit disappointing, including 42 from Keighley.

281 over the PA, I saw a few drift in after k.o.

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Hemel 0:74 Newcastle
Crusaders 28:24 Keighley
Bradford Bulls 82:6 West Wales Raiders
Coventry 42:12 Distington
Doncaster 68:6 Myton Warriors
Hunslet RLFC 72:16 Oulton Raiders (L)
Oldham 42:0 Featherstone Lions

Wow, some surprisingly one sided scorelines there

42 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Hemel 0-74 Newcastle.

Wow. Trouncing by the Thunder. Didn't Hemel bring their ringers down from Dewsbury? Thunder's team coach could have picked them up on the way down.

Think they took the frustration of last week out on Hemel.

Looks like West Wales could’ve done with the run out! 

47 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

I find it rather unbelievable that Keighley after being 24 6 up never scored a single point in the second half.i don't for one minute believe Wales were that good.

12 minutes ago, haven n proud said:

I find it rather unbelievable that Keighley after being 24 6 up never scored a single point in the second half.i don't for one minute believe Wales were that good.

A little harsh. North Wales are expecting a decent season.

Worrying for Hemel to concede 74 and fail to score at home. I just dont see them lasting much longer the way things are.

Newcastle going so well in many areas and the future looks very positive. Will be interesting when they play York and Bradford as feel they could beat either at home.

2 hours ago, JonM said:

Classy from Distington - fist bumps and congratulations for a tackle when the stretcher comes on for the opposition player.

I think it was more about the lost ball.

The game was played in the right spirit and the players showed a lot of respect to each other and mingled after the game.

It was a pleasure to host the Dislington fans and committee that travelled down they were all a credit to their club and community. Some good friendships forged this afternoon.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Excellent game in Coventry today. Crowd a bit smaller than normal for a home game which is likely due to biting cold and the fact the game was on telly. Distington did themselves proud but Bears skill and fitness too much for them. Bears on the whole played really well though appeared a bit nervous early on (probably because of the heavy defeat last weekend). Made a couple of mistakes but defended well. Also from the 2 games I've seen this year I can say the Bears have 2 excellent half backs, and a great hooker. Really looking forward to seeing who the Bears get in the next round. 

12 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Two Myton players stretchered off at the Keepmoat. Best wishes to both of them and to the Myton team.

First one was a suspected broken ankle, the second one was stretchered off after he was handed off, and hit the ground hard, by all accounts, he was out for about 90 seconds.

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

16 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Excellent game in Coventry today. Crowd a bit smaller than normal for a home game which is likely due to biting cold and the fact the game was on telly. Distington did themselves proud but Bears skill and fitness too much for them. Bears on the whole played really well though appeared a bit nervous early on (probably because of the heavy defeat last weekend). Made a couple of mistakes but defended well. Also from the 2 games I've seen this year I can say the Bears have 2 excellent half backs, and a great hooker. Really looking forward to seeing who the Bears get in the next round. 

I wouldn't know about skill but certainly fitness carried bears through but credit distington lads and game played in a great spirit.next round away to haven plz.

15 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Really enjoyed the game and the Bears will take a lot of confidence from a good win. Distington did the Cumbrian league proud. The Coventry full back may want to skip over that howler if he watches it back on iPlayer though.

51 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Worrying for Hemel to concede 74 and fail to score at home. I just dont see them lasting much longer the way things are.

Newcastle going so well in many areas and the future looks very positive. Will be interesting when they play York and Bradford as feel they could beat either at home.

Judging by the clips on Twitter it looked like the game was being played in a local park.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived