24 Feb: SL: Catalans Dragons v Wakefield Trinity KO 5.15pm (UK time) (TV)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Draw
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/02/18 at 17:15

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

I thought his ban included training with the club??  Maybe that’s the secret, allowing more working from home.

Maybe there is another reason for selection though.  Ahem.

The fact that the current players haven't been very good. 

Noted.  I’m thinking about it.

You know it makes sense. :good:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

7 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I thought his ban included training with the club??  Maybe that’s the secret, allowing more working from home.

image.jpeg.fb4a47eed53d70cd064455258203580e.jpeg

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Can you tell me what Thornley or Broughton have brought to the Dragons since they signed coz I'm struggling to think of anything. 

Re - Thornley, I fully take your point, TD.  Broughton, to be fair, missed so much of last season, that your question, as it relates to him, may be a bit harsh.  As I have noted before, what Mead, Broughton, Tierney, Yaha and Gigot (when match fit) can collectively bring to the backs is the pace that was so sadly lacking last year, even if all or some of them have some other limitations.

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Players should be able to keep fit themselves and that not been in the training sessions won't make alot of difference.... As let's face it McNamaras methods are not working so Maverick players may be what Cats need to score.   They average 8 points a game so far this year. 

1 hour ago, Southerner80 said:

Players should be able to keep fit themselves and that not been in the training sessions won't make alot of difference.... As let's face it McNamaras methods are not working so Maverick players may be what Cats need to score.   They average 8 points a game so far this year. 

Oh won’t it?  That’s where I’ve been wrong all these years.  

What are his methods?  

7 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Oh won’t it?  That’s where I’ve been wrong all these years.  

What are his methods?  

You seem a bit sarcastic about all this so I don't see point in debating it.

My last comment on this is McNamaras Dragons aren't scoring and lack flair. Hence Gigot back goes straight in as adds flair..... End of.

3 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

My last comment on this is McNamaras Dragons aren't scoring and lack flair. Hence Gigot back goes straight in as adds flair..... End of.

Simples 

9 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Apologies for that, but it seems to me you’re a bit naive thinking a player will just walk into a team, without training with a team for so long.

Two days ago, McNamara said:

“First and foremost, his health and well-being were very important for us as a club and hopefully he’s really learnt some life lessons from this experience. 

“I won’t put a time limit on that (his return). We got him back last week and had a look at him both mentally and physically, and he appears to be in reasonably good shape. But how he adapts to full-time training with the team remains to be seen.

“I think he’ll fall back into it straightforward, but he’s not been allowed to train with the club. He has been doing things sent to him by the club but it’s nothing like replicating what it is like running around with the team. It’s more how he adapts to that than anything else. Hopefully he will be available shortly, but I won’t put the player at risk of injury.”

Either they are stricken with injuries or his fitness, understanding of new players, game plan etc has miraculously improved in 2 days, which I doubt very much.  Maybe something else has been happening?

10 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Thornley, Broughton, Margalet and Duport dropped. 

Gigot straight back in. 

You are very wrong. Thornley and Margalet are still in the squad. Walsh has been dropped!

Catalans Dragons (from): Mead, Thornley, Wiliame, Yaha, Casty, Moa, Anderson, Garcia, Bird, Bousquet, Simon, Baitieri, Margalet, McIlorum, Tierney, Jullien, Albert, Da Costa, Gigot.

This suggests that Gigot will play in the halves!

Gigot on the bench. 

Broughton was good until a series of injuries. Hope he isn't injured again. Catalan just keep signing players who can't hold onto the ball. 

Think they are heading for bottom spot, but what does it matter since the new format should keep them in the top flight

5 minutes ago, BBR said:

Gigot on the bench

Broughton was good until a series of injuries. Hope he isn't injured again. Catalan just keep signing players who can't hold onto the ball. 

Think they are heading for bottom spot, but what does it matter since the new format should keep them in the top flight

What is your evidence that Gigot is on the bench?

There is only one half listed apart from him -- Lucas Albert. Walsh is not listed. That means Gigot must be playing in the halves.

9 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

You are very wrong. Thornley and Margalet are still in the squad. Walsh has been dropped!

Catalans Dragons (from): Mead, Thornley, Wiliame, Yaha, Casty, Moa, Anderson, Garcia, Bird, Bousquet, Simon, Baitieri, Margalet, McIlorum, Tierney, Jullien, Albert, Da Costa, Gigot.

This suggests that Gigot will play in the halves!

Or Bird could go to 6?  

Gigot is an out and out centre in my opinion and a good one at that.

Or Bird could go to 6?  

Gigot is an out and out centre in my opinion and a good one at that.

You are right. Bird could go to 6.

But Gigot won't be on the bench. If Bird goes to 6 then I suspect that Gigot will replace Thornley.

12 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

You are right. Bird could go to 6.

But Gigot won't be on the bench. If Bird goes to 6 then I suspect that Gigot will replace Thornley.

Not so sure Walsh has been dropped though.  More like injured.  Watching him walk, I wonder how he ever plays.

Interesting game this.

Catalans desperately need an experienced and capable half to partner young Albert. Langi hasn't shown that he is up to the task, and Walsh seems to be past his "use by date." 

I wonder who might be available.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Not so sure Walsh has been dropped though.  More like injured.  Watching him walk, I wonder how he ever plays.

Interesting game this.

Agree Walsh not fit. He took a clattering against Hull KR around 70 minutes played. Hes probably a season off retirement tbh. 

Gigot I see at FB or Centre. Unless he's paired with a playmaker at Halves as playing as a half he's going to be similar to Albert just much better at it, ie run it himself,  look for opportunities. I can see why you rate him highly at centre as good hands passing and can see a gap. Not the biggest man but a good option in the centre and given presence of Mead, it will be bold to shift Mead to Wing to accommodate him....I think that might be a good idea, but I don't see it happening.

Ps, Im starting to think what you meant earlier was given McNamara statement, that Guash came and said Gigot plays, and that's what you mean by other things going on? Guash basically got rid of Pelisier and Escare as fell out with them so he has alot of say. 

I will say Gigot playing means they may well win this as he's one of the few motivational players they have, ie French and up for it. Against Hull last year at home he won the game with the short kick off for example, as he's prepared to take risks. 

Bird should be capable at half back, and this can hopefully mean his body holds together better as clearly talented just crocked hence not in NRL now.

Cats by 4. Yaha and Gigot to score a try each.

Archived