London Broncos Feb 26th

Michael1812

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were left footed from the off and when are they going to put their wingers back to work? Sure Liam scored this match but to fly he has to be passed the ball - everything is being played up the middle! 

Having said that I'm sure they will bounce back...

Win or lose -  I Run with The Pack

Toronto was missing the big pounding center that I wanted them to get earlier in the season...would have been useful today.  We were outplayed by London who kept the pressure on.  Does Brierley ever go for a leg tackle?...too many easy brush offs.

Need to pick it up a bit now off to the focus for the game next week...we will play London again.

makes you wonder what impact Taylor/FFMM/Bailey could have had...even Sims was not the player we saw previous weekend...but we have to put it in perspective this is only the 2nd time they've lost in league play.

50 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Toronto was missing the big pounding center that I wanted them to get earlier in the season...would have been useful today.  We were outplayed by London who kept the pressure on.  Does Brierley ever go for a leg tackle?...too many easy brush offs.

Need to pick it up a bit now off to the focus for the game next week...we will play London again.

Unfortunately Brierley had a nightmare, brushed off in tackles and a weak kicking game. London did lots of high contested kicks, a good tactic in the windy conditions.  Brierley will have better days, still would love to have a half like Sammut. He absolutely wrecked us.

I'm still worried by the defence of QLT and Brierley, teams will start to target them.  Rawsthorne makes a big difference when he is on the field.

Okay, some thoughts. Disappointed in the way TWP played, but credit to London on the way they wiped the floor with them. It reminded me of some of the games last season, TWP playing on a fast turf track against a team that wasn't used to it and was outclassed. When I saw the turf I thought TWP should be able to handle it, given their experience at Lamport, but I guess some players haven't even seen there yet. 

London have not run up such big scored in their one away game 12-0, so maybe they will struggle a little on a grass pitch, but they should love Lamport.

Time for TWP to put this one behind them and move on to Swinton.

10 hours ago, RobertAM said:

makes you wonder what impact Taylor/FFMM/Bailey could have had...even Sims was not the player we saw previous weekend...but we have to put it in perspective this is only the 2nd time they've lost in league play.

Its good that they are gone if they were causing team dynamic problems...they are gone...we have our team now...they are a good team and part of a good organization...this loss is all part of the growing process.

It must be odd to always be the away team...when they come to Lamport in the distant future we will pick them up...they just have got to keep trying to have a good decent record before the homestand, then we the fans will take over!

We just have to accept the fact, as my wife says, that we are not going to win them all (and she says, "And neither are they!)

19 hours ago, RobertAM said:

all respect to London Broncos..we were never in it.. seriously well done guys

but as they say.revenge is a dish best served cold so see you here in June.

It better not be cold here in June! can we just rub a beer special and have a cold brew called revenge?

13 hours ago, RobertAM said:

i wasn't impressed with him either, he didn't really contribute much to the game and actually made more negative plays. It is only his second game after a good WC run and injury so i still have high hopes for the man.

A bad loss, with numerous players playing well below their own expectations.

To keep things in perspective:

• We should play better as the season progresses and players get used to each other's games.
  • We have the entire second half of the season at home (a huge advantage)
  • We only need to finish in the top 2, that will give us 4 home games in the 8s (I think).
  • It is better to have competitive games than last season's blow outs.

Can't wait for Swinton, we need to put a run of wins together, other teams will take points from each other.

1 hour ago, ojx said:
  1. We only need to finish in the top 2, that will give us 4 home games in the 8s (I think).
  2. It is better to have competitive games than last season's blow outs.
  3. Can't wait for Swinton, we need to put a run of wins together, other teams will take points from each other.
  1. you are correct top 2 get the extra home game.
  2. 100%, I'm loving this season way more already and we already dropped the same amount of point as last year in our first 4 games...also we've never topped the table yet this year! we need to keep working on the kicking game, Brierly had a great one the previous match and not so hot in the windy conditions yesterday, McCrone also had poor/bad luck kicks on the 5th tackles although the one did result in a try.
  3. The next three games are "easier" but the we have Fev and the other TO after that. i expect us to get the 6 points before Fev but we can't look pats anyone so Game f Thrones style it's Lanister vs. Stark next week!!! Fun fact the Swinton club is older than Canada!!!

image.png.d694324f21f91f825cdf9daee405c40b.png

yep no need to panic..the squad had a really OFF day..as long as they don't make a habit of it!  And Leigh game aside they likely haven't gelled yet..still a number of injuries etc..as has been said once they get into Lamport and that MASSIVE crowd get vocal then to paraphrase Mr T  "I pity the teams coming in...."

3 hours ago, RobertAM said:

yep no need to panic..the squad had a really OFF day..as long as they don't make a habit of it!  And Leigh game aside they likely haven't gelled yet..still a number of injuries etc..as has been said once they get into Lamport and that MASSIVE crowd get vocal then to paraphrase Mr T  "I pity the teams coming in...."

Its going to be great as long as the weather holds...Sims is the kind of player that needs a Bussey for the offloads, hes doing just fine, Dixon is playing well be  needs to keep the errors down...his hands are okay but....  

Clearly Toronto is a team that likes to play in the middle  of the ground with quick feed so and slashing attacks from the halfbacks...this leads to openings if the passes are there and they receive at speed..  Thats our style due to McCrone/Brierley.  As far as McCrone he is good, Brierley is doing good but needs to put his shoulder into a few tackles. He has good speed but if running someone down who is bigger he needs to go low and just wrap. This is factual.

Need to see more game time for Sidlow.  Team clearly needs to spend more dedicated time to playing a game called 'Silly Buggers' to improve the overall quality of the 3rdand 4th phase possessions.

Other than that everything is Okay.

Lol, love this site but I did say before the season began, you would have a shock this season. Promotion from league 1 with full time pros against part timers was a given. Now, you are meeting other full time pros. Starts to get difficult. Add, playing against teams used to playing in this league and it gets more difficult. I support a team whose objective this season is not to get relegated. It's going to be tough but, at least we realise that. Love your enthusiasm but I think stability and not promotion should be your aim this season. Baby steps, run before you can walk, and all that. As you know, I wish you well. Won't stop Kman being optomistic though, lol.

19 hours ago, TMF said:

Lol, love this site but I did say before the season began, you would have a shock this season. Promotion from league 1 with full time pros against part timers was a given. Now, you are meeting other full time pros. Starts to get difficult. Add, playing against teams used to playing in this league and it gets more difficult. I support a team whose objective this season is not to get relegated. It's going to be tough but, at least we realise that. Love your enthusiasm but I think stability and not promotion should be your aim this season. Baby steps, run before you can walk, and all that. As you know, I wish you well. Won't stop Kman being optomistic though, lol.

hey we knew it was going to be a tougher season and expected losses so water off our back. But we're still all out for promotion! Aim for the starts my friend and see whee it takes ya!

As I mentioned many times the league is much more interesting for us  now and it should actually help grow the fan base  now that we have legit competition!

What club do you support?

19 hours ago, TMF said:

You got it all wrong TMF:

The Wolfpack is going for it all this year, Challenge Cup, promotions and anything else that tickles our fancy...we are all in.   Wait until

we start  the homestand and you will see!!!!!!

Archived