Villeneuve v St gaudens live ffrxiii

barnyia

Interested to watch this one to see what the standard towards the bottom of Elite 1 is like

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

The players have just taken to the field.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

First blood to the Leopards. Looks like an easy conversion to come.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 minutes ago, Jim from Oz said:

Final. Score???

Villeneuve 26:27 St Gaudens, after extra time.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

In extra time Villenueve were awarded a penalty 10 metres in front of the posts (drop out kicked directly into touch). I'm thinking what a horrible way to lose after all that. They took a tap then one pass back for someone to attempt a drop-goal, it missed.

Do the extra-time rules in France not allow penalty kicks for goal? Bizarre decision otherwise.

9 hours ago, langpark said:

Does the French League have extra time for regular season matches?? 

Since last season apparently. I searched for info but all I could find was a thread on this forum started by Barnyia then. They played over 15 mins in that game without swapping ends at any point so it's not the same format as the NRL.

Archived