2 Mar: SL: Hull FC v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Warrington Wolves
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/18 at 19:45

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not often a red card is a turning point in favour of the team recieving it. It seems to really galvanise Warrington and Ratchford is clearly a better 6 than a 1 (but we knew that already). Not sure if Hull simple switched off thinking it was won or whether the shuffling of the pack to replace Faraimo knocked us out of our stride a bit. Either way it was a bit disappointing. But then it wouldnt be Hull if we made it look easy.

13 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

“Pathetic attempt at a headbutt” Radford has gone up massively in my estimations 

He said on Radio Humberside the same thing, but before it he said "he's an Airedale lad and he'll probably get kicked off the estate got that pathetic attempt at a head butt," and followed it up with "if you're gonna do it, make sure it counts."

I think Watts was going for the squaring up of the heads, but went in a bit too hard and just looked daft. Too hard for a head-square, not hard enough to actually do anything but look stupid.

But let's not forget, the great Kevin Sinfield did the same!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

One other thing I'd like to say, no one from the Hull side argued about the red. It was clear (even though no one was really hurt except probably Watts himself!).

I thought the arguing with the ref after the red card from Patton was ridiculous. Trying to argue he came off the shoulder it looked like at one point. It was an awful awful challenge and took him out of the game. I bet he doesn't get banned for as long as Watts despite the result of both being completely different.

9 minutes ago, MZH said:

Its not often a red card is a turning point in favour of the team recieving it. It seems to really galvanise Warrington and Ratchford is clearly a better 6 than a 1 (but we knew that already). Not sure if Hull simple switched off thinking it was won or whether the shuffling of the pack to replace Faraimo knocked us out of our stride a bit. Either way it was a bit disappointing. But then it wouldnt be Hull if we made it look easy.

You've got to remember that we played better twice last year after an early red card for the Notorious R.E.D. and we worked much harder because of it. It happens a lot. Radders did it against Leeds a few years ago and we nearly win despite being nearly the full game down.

I'd say it happens more often than you think...

Didn't work with Kearney in 2005 though ?

43 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

One other thing I'd like to say, no one from the Hull side argued about the red. It was clear (even though no one was really hurt except probably Watts himself!).

I thought the arguing with the ref after the red card from Patton was ridiculous. Trying to argue he came off the shoulder it looked like at one point. It was an awful awful challenge and took him out of the game. I bet he doesn't get banned for as long as Watts despite the result of both being completely different.

Good lord......

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

That was probably the coldest I've ever been at a rugby league match. I think the actual temperature must have been around -2/-3 but that wind, my word, it felt like it was cutting through you. Every respect to all the players out there, I know the speed and intensity of our game must warm players up but before they ran out for the pre match routine it can't have been very pleasant.

Not the greatest of games but there was some nice touches from both sides. Wire looked far more dangerous a man down than with full compliment, rather oddly. Felt sorry for Faraimo, looked like Patton caught him right on his jaw, think he was out cold before he hit the ground.

Daryl Clark looked a bit more like his old Cas self, dangerous every time he had the ball just about. And I know the Wire lot on here are gradually losing patience with Ben Westwood but one of his offloads caused us real trouble last night. Ratchford was strong and dependable as usual but with a lower error count than normal as far as I can recall.

For my lot I thought Tuimavave was terrific and must have gone a fair bit further towards making a starting centre spot his own. Sika Manu showed how much we missed him last week and, as for Jake Connor, what a player he is. If he's not kicking a 40/20 or displaying a remarkable piece of skill, by heck he doesn't half get under opposition players' skin. I'm just glad he plays for us at the moment, the thought of him lining up against us would fill me with dread.

So signs of improvement for Wire and we should look a lot sharper when Kelly returns and a bit more difficult to break down with Houghton back in the side.

As for Liam Watts well, what is there to say? To do what he did in that moment of reckless insanity, live on Sky and with everyone in the ground watching, shows an astonishing lack of self control. He's a terrific prop but you always feel there's that little bit of stupidity waiting to appear. I hope he apologised to Radford and especially his team mates, they deserved it.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

37 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Jake Connor, what a player he is. If he's not kicking a 40/20 or displaying a remarkable piece of skill, by heck he doesn't half get under opposition players' skin. I'm just glad he plays for us at the moment, the thought of him lining up against us would fill me with dread.

I don’t see many players in Super League with more natural talent than Connor. He’s got the lot. 

You see a lot of him...what position do you think is his best?

9 hours ago, Dunedan said:

I don't think Warrington were arguing about Patton being sent more, more about whatever Jake Connor said to him on the way past.

They were arguing well before he got sent off, and there was one motion he made pointing to the shoulder avid saying it came off it/was aiming for it. 

I know there were issues Jake Connor, but if your teammate gets knocked out by an awful swinging arm to the jaw, things will be said. That, and part of his game plan is to get under the skin of the opposition. It clearly works. Chris Hill was losing the plot last night.

10 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I don’t see many players in Super League with more natural talent than Connor. He’s got the lot. 

You see a lot of him...what position do you think is his best?

I think he's probably best suited at centre. Whilst not being the fleetest of foot, he's such a dangerous player with the ball in hand out wide because you're never quite sure of what he's going to do. You're quite correct regarding natural ability, things that players practice at to improve their game seem to come easily to him. I still shake my head when I recall a cross field kick in his direction in the pre season friendly against Hull KR. He leapt above everyone else, caught the ball in one hand and grounded it in the same movement with all the players around him hardly laying a finger on him. I have no idea how he did it, his timing must be absolutely perfect. I just wish he'd get out of the way sometimes when Jamie Shaul is trying to catch a ball. :rolleyes:

He had a great game at off half last night but whilst Albert Kelly is in our squad, Connor will only ever be second choice in that position. I just hope he doesn't become unsettled if sometimes selected on the bench as he's a fantastic asset in our squad.

Who knows, if Kelly decides to return to Oz at the end of this season then Connor will have the chance to make the off half jersey his own, at just 23 years old, he's got plenty of time in front of him to do just that.

Certainly interesting times ahead for us black and whites.

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

That, and part of his game plan is to get under the skin of the opposition. It clearly works. Chris Hill was losing the plot last night.

:laugh:

I'd forgotten about Chris Hill's strop. I think he was substituted just after having words with Connor and walked off right in front of us, you could clearly see he wasn't in a very good mood.

9 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

And how could Sky/Barry promote Connor as man of match on the basis that constantly being a little sh4t helps your team. We expect better from our commentators promoting the sport.

Coming from a supporter of a team that employed Ben Cockayne for most of his career, that's just hilarious.

I think the Connor being a hero thing is being overstated. His legendary 'getting under the skin' of Wire coincided with our best period of the match.

And had the referee done what he said he would, Connor should have been binned and he would be getting criticised.

Just now, Old Frightful said:

:laugh:

I'd forgotten about Chris Hill's strop. I think he was substituted just after having words with Connor and walked off right in front of us, you could clearly see he wasn't in a very good mood.

It was throughout the game after the red. He kept arguing and arguing with the ref, even when asked to go back to his team. He was even carrying on saying things to the Hull players (probably Connor) whilst leaving the ref. He'd completely lost it.

He only got one bit of revenge... a big hit when he was 3rd or 4th man in, to which Connor got up laughing ?

Just now, Dave T said:

I think the Connor being a hero thing is being overstated. His legendary 'getting under the skin' of Wire coincided with our best period of the match.

And had the referee done what he said he would, Connor should have been binned and he would be getting criticised.

What did he actually do wrong though? A bit of gamesmanship?

1 hour ago, langpark said:

Any know the crowd figures from last night's matches? 

Crowd at Hull was announced as 10k and a few hundred but it looked like around two thirds that to me.

Archived