Games Off Saturday 3rd March

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

And you clowns are running the "flagship" Amateur League.

Davo I think you are the clown . I personally would like as much information as possible put on the forum by the NCL so we know the information is correct . It would also create interest on the forum and the information could be discussed on it and our opinions as supporters may be noted by the NCL.      

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

Davo I think you are the clown . I personally would like as much information as possible put on the forum by the NCL so we know the information is correct . It would also create interest on the forum and the information could be discussed on it and our opinions as supporters may be noted by the NCL.      

I agree

we get next to nothing on the website the more info the better 

A bit harsh on  NCL, we all moan when we don't get information and we now we winging when we do. Don't think that any Cumbrian teams would have been forced to  play without agreement of both clubs. I second impartial observer on his comments.

3 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah you're absolutely not the the NCL administrator....

If you want to post about the NCL mate just do it - you don't have to pretend who you are. Odd behaviour. 

You asked someone a question, they answered, for some unknown reason you don't believe them, that is odd behaviour

7 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

My club is £1500 better off already due to the shirt deal as we have not had to buy a kit and we have got more sponsors, with a TV game where we can sell more sponsorship we will be even better off, more power to the clowns I say.

Would you say the same if the team that your were supposed to play on the televised match was changed to the 1st game of the season with less than 1 day notice ? And it was your biggest money making game of th season? The Cumbrian derby’s is worth a lot of money to the 3 clubs so 1 team would have lost all the sponsorship for that game and a lot of money on the gate. 

Is that what YOU WANTED TO DO NCL Administers ???? 

I have nothing wrong with the post they put on but tell the FULL truth 

49 minutes ago, flatfell said:

Would you say the same if the team that your were supposed to play on the televised match was changed to the 1st game of the season with less than 1 day notice ? And it was your biggest money making game of th season? The Cumbrian derby’s is worth a lot of money to the 3 clubs so 1 team would have lost all the sponsorship for that game and a lot of money on the gate. 

Is that what YOU WANTED TO DO NCL Administers ???? 

I have nothing wrong with the post they put on but tell the FULL truth 

Nobody was forced to do anything. They never are, there no problem with asking, and no problem in declining

Clubs have the power to vote out the management team who appoint the administrator, Year on Year they get voted back in. They must be doing a good job

1 hour ago, Impartial Observer said:

You asked someone a question, they answered, for some unknown reason you don't believe them, that is odd behaviour

So you tell me the sense behind the 'NCL administrator' popping up on a forum with more information than both the official website and social media accounts - doesn't seem a bit odd to you at all? 

If it is genuine then they'll stand corrected but also slightly bewildered as to why they think this is the best place to post 'information'.

Blimey!  You've only been in the NCL two minutes and you're talking like you know it all.  I'll send a PM to the NCL and suggest they run everything past you before commenting on here.  

A little less of the condescending attitude wouldn't go amiss.  

26 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Nobody was forced to do anything. They never are, there no problem with asking, and no problem in declining

Clubs have the power to vote out the management team who appoint the administrator, Year on Year they get voted back in. They must be doing a good job

They TRIED to force 2 Cumbrian sides play today!!! But the pitched where unplayable 

4 minutes ago, flatfell said:

They TRIED to force 2 Cumbrian sides play today!!! But the pitched where unplayable 

No they suggested to play if pitches were available. They don’t force teams to play on called off pitches

EDIT:

the email sent out yesterday morning:

Good Morning

The NCL Management have taken the decision due to the current weather and travel conditions to cancel the following games that have not yet been postponed in the interest of safety of those travelling and re scheduled them for Saturday 26 May.

Will the home teams for these games please still carry out your current pitch inspections and let me know the outcome?

It is our intention that if your pitch is playable we will arrange a league game against your local opponents as otherwise it will be a wasted opportunity to play.

Any queries please let me know.

27 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It is our intention that if your pitch is playable we will arrange a league game against your local opponents as otherwise it will be a wasted opportunity to play.

Is that not forced (sorry arrange) to play 

so why did the Cumbrian teams have to inspect the pitch and get a referee to call the game off ? if 1 pitch had been playable then they WOULD HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED (not forced) to play  the game by the NCL 

Just now, flatfell said:

Is that not forced (sorry arrange) to play 

Nobody is forced to do anything, any change in fixtures requires agreement on both sides

it was a suggestion/intention, and he does go on to say contact him with any concerns 

it’s really not the situation you are making out

12 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Nobody is forced to do anything, any change in fixtures requires agreement on both sides

it was a suggestion/intention, and he does go on to say contact him with any concerns 

They did contact him  and he said if your pitch is playable you will play 1 of the other teams 

4 hours ago, BARRETT said:

Blimey!  You've only been in the NCL two minutes and you're talking like you know it all.  I'll send a PM to the NCL and suggest they run everything past you before commenting on here.  

A little less of the condescending attitude wouldn't go amiss.  

Hahaha. What has how long we've been in the NCL got to do with anything? If we win the Premier this year will that give us more right to comment or still need to give it another 5 years to be safe - wouldn't want to upset the applecart. 

But yeah if you could drop that PM it'd be appreciated. Cheers 

14 hours ago, Spidey said:

PLEASE !!

4 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

PLEASE !!

They did their best to try and force Wath Brow to play a Home play off game at a neutral venue last year,funny how it seems to be the Cumbrian clubs who all these "Intentions" seem to fall on.

13 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

I think we all know that answer. 

Its the latter, only ever posted 8 times, and all on this thread.

HW

Apart from you and Hunslet green and old

Here he is posting before 3 years ago

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

On 03/03/2018 at 12:20 PM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah you're absolutely not the the NCL administrator....

If you want to post about the NCL mate just do it - you don't have to pretend who you are. Odd behaviour. 

Schoolboy error and mildly offensive to boot.

It's not going to end well, rubbing people the wrong way along with your triumphalism.. :ph34r:

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

Archived