Wolfpack new signings

RobertAM

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

Various sporting news outlets reporting that Darcy Lussick has signed for the pack with and announcement expected this week.

Brace for umpteen posts about Toronto's salary cap.

5 hours ago, RobertAM said:

oh yeh we're gonna take more flack..

Prepare for the jealousy/hate especially if/when we move to the top of the table. Most of the fans from the other teams are good people, but there are always a few, they will try to bait us but we are above getting in the gutter with them....like cream, we rise to the top!  

On 30/03/2018 at 11:53 PM, Kayakman said:

DP I'm interested to know how you thought Chase Stanley played today?

Watched the game last night Kman. Not a lot to go on really. Stanley didn’t see much ball and did what he had to do defensively. Having said that he hadn’t played previously for a while and didn’t look out of place. The jury’s out at the minute. He obviously needs some match fitness and once he has that you’ll be able to see the real Chase Stanley. 

rldfsignature.jpg

18 hours ago, RobertAM said:

Various sporting news outlets reporting that Darcy Lussick has signed for the pack with and announcement expected this week.

Manly have just had a few bad injuries. They might not be so keen to let him go now.

7 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Watched the game last night Kman. Not a lot to go on really. Stanley didn’t see much ball and did what he had to do defensively. Having said that he hadn’t played previously for a while and didn’t look out of place. The jury’s out at the minute. He obviously needs some match fitness and once he has that you’ll be able to see the real Chase Stanley. 

It was that defensive performance that surprised me...very quick reaction time in broken open play; very quick indeed!

On 3/29/2018 at 7:18 PM, TMF said:

Seems i've hit a nerve guys but read my past posts where i've supported what you are doing, albeit with one or two constructive criticisms. Think about what I said, not to mention where I come from, M60:negative:. If your answer is throwing money around for success, fine, it will work for a while. Kryyzystuff has actually answered my genuine question with a balanced view of what I hope happens. 

The answer to your question must be "I don't know".

Clearly, it is in the long term interest of TWP to produce their own players.  They do not have traditional areas on their doorstep that mean they can rely on neighbouring towns as many on the M62 currrently do. 

If their grassroots development is going really well, there would be nothing to show now.  If their grassroots development is going really badly, there would be nothing to show now.

So, we are left with people being suspicious of why you would ask.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Why suspicious? Read my last sentence, 'of what I hope happens'. We are nowhere the 'coridoors' so we have to develop our own talent. I just hope you do the same, unlike some clubs this side of the pond. Good luck and I mean that in the nicest way.

2 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

Monday’s League Expess says Lussick is Coming after all. Also says the May 5 game will be at Fletcher’s Fields...

BDBBDF99-E24B-41D5-A8FE-F1576B977F0E.png

Fletcher's arghhh!

Our attendance will be way down playing out in the far reaches of the 905. Not sure how I can get there without a car. This should not be considered an option going forward.

It shows a lack of ambition, should have gone to Hamilton and test the market.

11 hours ago, ojx said:

Fletcher's arghhh!

Our attendance will be way down playing out in the far reaches of the 905. Not sure how I can get there without a car. This should not be considered an option going forward.

It shows a lack of ambition, should have gone to Hamilton and test the market.

i'm treating June 9th as the home opener. they did send an email out and mentioned that they are working on transposition options to the game so i think they might have shuttles from Lamport?

3 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

i'm treating June 9th as the home opener. they did send an email out and mentioned that they are working on transposition options to the game so i think they might have shuttles from Lamport?

On a positive note it saves us Northerners some driving time for once.  There is plenty of free parking.

4 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Toronto Wolfpack will be working with season ticket holders and Swinton Lions fans to provide access to game day transport, with details provided in the coming weeks. There will also be an allocation of match tickets set a-side for all travelling fans from Swinton

Hmmm, for season ticket holders and visitors only. Does that reach the 3,200 already?

1 minute ago, manu266 said:

Hmmm, for season ticket holders and visitors only. Does that reach the 3,200 already?

They can pack in way more than that with the stands at the other side...lots of room.   I think they want season ticket holders and Swinton fans to have tickets to the main gallery (cover).

on the proper sport rugby league show they mentioned that we might be swapping Westreman with Castleford for Gadwin Springer and we are expected to sign Lussick as per the league express.

I wish they'd done a deal for BMO even though the smaller crowd would be dwarfed there..1 game we could manage it..then we could still go to 3B etc before and after...can't very well get blotto up in Markham unless they shuttle us...

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

I wish they'd done a deal for BMO even though the smaller crowd would be dwarfed there..1 game we could manage it..then we could still go to 3B etc before and after...can't very well get blotto up in Markham unless they shuttle us...

I agree, using BMO would have shown a real intent to grow.

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

I wish they'd done a deal for BMO...

20 minutes ago, ojx said:

I agree, using BMO would have shown a real intent to grow.

Toronto F.C. is already scheduled for league play at BMO Field on April 28, May 4, and May 9, with an additional CONCACAF game possible on April 17/24.

I doubt the Wolfpack playing there, on May 5, was ever a realistic option.

There is no way that MLSE or the BMO Field grounds crew would have agreed to a less than 24 hour turnaround between soccer and rugby, including the need to repaint lines, followed by a four day turnaround to get the field back into shape all for a single Wolfpack game.  The field is already a mess, from both CONCACAF and league play starting so early; and its's doubtful MLSE would even schedule the Argos that tight, and that's for a team they own.

1 hour ago, ChoboMog said:

Toronto F.C. is already scheduled for league play at BMO Field on April 28, May 4, and May 9, with an additional CONCACAF game possible on April 17/24.

I doubt the Wolfpack playing there, on May 5, was ever a realistic option.

There is no way that MLSE or the BMO Field grounds crew would have agreed to a less than 24 hour turnaround between soccer and rugby, including the need to repaint lines, followed by a four day turnaround to get the field back into shape all for a single Wolfpack game.  The field is already a mess, from both CONCACAF and league play starting so early; and its's doubtful MLSE would even schedule the Argos that tight, and that's for a team they own.

That's why BMO will never be an option for TWP, even at SL level, too busy.

1 minute ago, manu266 said:

That's why BMO will never be an option for TWP, even at SL level, too busy.

And the ownership  group for all the teams that play there simply wouldn't want it...they see TWP as competition, especially the aaaaaaaArgos. 

Its a beefed up Lamport for the time being...nice to have the new turf.  They could put an elevated stand over the existing stands at Lamport to really add seats.   This would probably be structurally feasible since the place is built like a concrete fortress from the Maginot Line.  First extension would be on the south end though with an extra 2-3 thousand.

Playing at BMO will never happen, will never be an option.  Must look for other pathways.

6 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

And the ownership  group for all the teams that play there simply wouldn't want it...they see TWP as competition, especially the aaaaaaaArgos. 

Its a beefed up Lamport for the time being...nice to have the new turf.  They could put an elevated stand over the existing stands at Lamport to really add seats.   This would probably be structurally feasible since the place is built like a concrete fortress from the Maginot Line.  First extension would be on the south end though with an extra 2-3 thousand.

Playing at BMO will never happen, will never be an option.  Must look for other pathways.

If Lamport is the best expending scenario, so be it, but I hope they consider other stadiums too. The ideal would be to get a deal with the city and another team. Not sure that TFC is interrested in expending Lamport for its B team, a University might be interrested to expend its stadium, or [utopia mode] if MLR is a success, the Arrows could put some money in Lamport too.

But no urgency, let's fill Lamport 9,6 first, more than once this season, and then the rest will follow.

Archived