Toulouse predictions and team

JimbobRam

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/9/2018 at 5:37 AM, graham fisher said:

Can't argue with that selection,will we have Crowther this week as he was in Wakefield 19 man squad for Huddersfield game?

Really tough game this week, probably our hardest to date. I'd be a lot more confident if we had both Sykes and Moore playing because I think we are up against the best halfback's in the championship in Ford and Barthau/Robin,Fev fan's won't agree like.

Rams 16

Toulouse 28

FTS Glover

MOM Knowles 

Att 768

Interesting - I thought that he was on a season-long loan.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Now that Ford is back I fear that they will be too sharp for us down the middle.

Rams 16 - 24  L'Olympique

FTS Glover

Att 899

MoM - depends what the sponsors have been drinking.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

If the lad is any good, and we can hold on to him for the season, I don't see a problem. Like Wakeman, he fills a gap that maybe should have been filled at the outset. Short term (1-2 matches) however, are counter productive IMO.

Didn't we try filling a gap getting another Wigan youngster in Lewis Fairhurst? Unfortunately that didn't work out for either party I would suggest. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Interesting - I thought that he was on a season-long loan.

Oh you poor naive fools did you not tead the DR small print that said "screw you over" at the earliest opportunity?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

13 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Oh you poor naive fools did you not tead the DR small print that said "screw you over" at the earliest opportunity?

DR and loans are different PM - do keep up old lad.

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

DR and loans are different PM - do keep up old lad.

Not much of a season long loan then! I can only surmise that your seasons over already!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

15 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Didn't we try filling a gap getting another Wigan youngster in Lewis Fairhurst? Unfortunately that didn't work out for either party I would suggest. 

He did win us a couple of points though, if I remember correctly.

8 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Didn't he get the golden point extra time drop goal against Batley??

Yep!

I wonder what our squad will be. Every other club seems to announce their 19 in good time, except for us - I wonder why that can be?

Looked like James Glover wasn't too happy after been taken off and walking straight in the tunnel, with  Neil Kelly chasing after him  with all guns blazing.

Toulouse taking control after this,just before halftime.

Nice to see they have both kissed and made up, and Glover is back on the pitch in the 2nd half.

Sadly had to leave the field again, this time with a arm injury. Hopefully not too serious.

The lads showed spirit. Two costly mistakes by Sykes presented them with 12 points, plus a couple of missed goal kicks. Felt sorry for them as they appeared to be on the front foot at the time. The team lack a couple of beefy forwards and a replacement for Sykes. Been a good un, but is now  showing wear and tear. They never gave up and possess plenty of spirit. Beautiful offload by Crowther in last five minutes should have resulted in a try but the ball was unfortunately dropped. They will win more than they lose. ----- (comments from an occasional spectator)

Was always going to be a difficult game  but when Ford plays like that he's difficult to control. We still allow ourselves to get drawn when things go against us and give away silly penalties. Yes the referee was garbage but we then we seem to think that because a decision goes against us we have to then double up and lose our heads. Sykes drop out was criminal. Knowles pass similar for the interception. Sykes kick off constantly irritates me. Kick the damned thing along the floor for god's sake. Also lets try a new goalkicker, Sykesy only just reaching the sticks, Glover can boot them out of town.  Defence in the vast majority of the field was excellent but completely fell apart in our own 20. Main differences today were Ford knows how to control a game and we had no real idea when we were attacking. No structure. No dummy runners and too much one up football. First time we have a forward running on to a ball at speed, Rob Spicer, we score. Toby Everitt running at speed would be impossible to hold but he takes the ball stood still. All in all not totally disappointed. Cut out the schoolboy errors and it would have been a lot closer. 

1 hour ago, YOUNG UN said:

Was always going to be a difficult game  but when Ford plays like that he's difficult to control. We still allow ourselves to get drawn when things go against us and give away silly penalties. Yes the referee was garbage but we then we seem to think that because a decision goes against us we have to then double up and lose our heads. Sykes drop out was criminal. Knowles pass similar for the interception. Sykes kick off constantly irritates me. Kick the damned thing along the floor for god's sake. Also lets try a new goalkicker, Sykesy only just reaching the sticks, Glover can boot them out of town.  Defence in the vast majority of the field was excellent but completely fell apart in our own 20. Main differences today were Ford knows how to control a game and we had no real idea when we were attacking. No structure. No dummy runners and too much one up football. First time we have a forward running on to a ball at speed, Rob Spicer, we score. Toby Everitt running at speed would be impossible to hold but he takes the ball stood still. All in all not totally disappointed. Cut out the schoolboy errors and it would have been a lot closer. 

Sykes seems to irritate quite a few rams fans but God knows how we’d look without him.  At least he has a bit of spark and can tackle.  And his goal kicking?? Can’t see what’s wrong with it. Misses a few but kicks plenty from out at the edges.  

9 minutes ago, NickD said:

Sykes seems to irritate quite a few rams fans but God knows how we’d look without him.  At least he has a bit of spark and can tackle.  And his goal kicking?? Can’t see what’s wrong with it. Misses a few but kicks plenty from out at the edges.  

Totally agree Nick with "We can't do without him" and he is at the centre of most things we do. Still got class. But he just implodes at times and you have to agree he gave away 12 points today with 2 kicks out on the full. You can't do that against any team. Disagree regarding goal kicking. Struggled to reach the uprights today and there was no wind.

Tough ask today but thought we showed up well for most. Toulouse had the edge, we didn't, and their last try was class IMO. I expected a loss today if I'm honest but the margin of victory I think flatters them somewhat. The length of field interception and soft try before half time the gifts that gave them too much credit. 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

39 minutes ago, YOUNG UN said:

Totally agree Nick with "We can't do without him" and he is at the centre of most things we do. Still got class. But he just implodes at times and you have to agree he gave away 12 points today with 2 kicks out on the full. You can't do that against any team. Disagree regarding goal kicking. Struggled to reach the uprights today and there was no wind.

The comment "We cannot do without him" seems rather exaggerated. To gift 12 points to the opposition in a key game is criminal. Some damned good lads in the NCL. You cannot exist on memories unfortunately.

A difficult result to take because we clawed away at Toulese multiple times but ultimately their class shone rather high. We didn’t help ourselves by being drawn into their scarpy tactics but when they reached our line we were defensively soft - referring to try 1 and 3 in particular. Toulese’s stand off was outstanding, one of the beet half back performances I’ve seen in a long time.

I was impressed with Matty English yet again and the likes of Walshaw, Speakman, Spicer and Morton were typically good and worked hard. Knowles’ was good at times but his passing is more often then not too flat to play 7 against the full time sides and Toulese exposed that (second try was a flyer, similar to Worrincy’s against Rochdale). Could tell Sykes wasn’t fit as he shyed away from tackles but I appreciate him putting his body on the line today. 

Still a positive start to the season and give the likes of Potts, Haliday, Hayes, Reaily etc a chance at Haven; letting some have a rest for Leigh who seem to be in free fall (just be our luck that they get a new coach in the two weeks and it all changes) but we have a decent record there. 

UTR.

1 hour ago, YOUNG UN said:

Both Sykes and Knowles were playing with injuries as we know. This must have some negative effect on their performances - the desire was there but occasionally fell lacking. This is just down to team selection. Some players are getting picked no matter what whilst some don't seem to get a look in.

It was a scrappy game at times but Toulouse were slick and professional when it counted. I'm afraid I don't buy the "lucky try" excuse either - those tries were "lucky" because we were slack. We could do with an encouraging display next week followed by a decent showing against Leigh - I hope that we don't end up looking at five league defeats on the trot.

Archived