Toulouse predictions and team

JimbobRam

So, we started a game against a full time outfit, with two of our most senior players carrying injuries........we then suffered injuries to both Hallett & Glover, had Worrincy & Moore missing but still gave one of the favourites for a Top4 finish a damned good game.......... A game that could have been a lot closer but for our imploding just before half time ,a huge error by Everitt and a stupid needless penalty by Sheriffe............We've lost today - that's all : We don't need to be making wholesale changes when the only two teams we've lost to are the top two teams in the league........... Do we ??

I don't understand the "some players are getting picked no matter what" BSJ...........Who would you leave out / bring in ?? 

Up to today we were at an 80% success rate.............. doesn't sound like an argument for changes to me 

........and SHERIFFE as M-O-M ????? :negative:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Therein73 said:

So, we started a game against a full time outfit, with two of our most senior players carrying injuries........we then suffered injuries to both Hallett & Glover, had Worrincy & Moore missing but still gave one of the favourites for a Top4 finish a damned good game.......... A game that could have been a lot closer but for our imploding just before half time ,a huge error by Everitt and a stupid needless penalty by Sheriffe............We've lost today - that's all : We don't need to be making wholesale changes when the only two teams we've lost to are the top two teams in the league........... Do we ??

I don't understand the "some players are getting picked no matter what" BSJ...........Who would you leave out / bring in ?? 

Up to today we were at an 80% success rate.............. doesn't sound like an argument for changes to me 

........and SHERIFFE as M-O-M ????? :negative:

"Being picked no matter what" referred to injuries. We have a squad constructed to cope when i juries bite yet still prefer players on one leg to those who are itching to get a chance. No doubt they will get a run against Whitehaven next week but I would like to see such as Day (I'm biased), Trout, Reilly, Hayes show what they can do. I think that you may be reading casual observations as downright criticism Therein; it isn't, I know that the team did as well as they could against a FT opponent.

I always felt that Toulouse were in control but that is just my viewpoint. Let's see how we do against the stronger sides in the next few weeks

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well,first the excuses we played against a full time team.I'd like to know how can they afford to be a f t team.

They must have a very rich owner. Having said that well done to Halifax beating a 500,000 pound extra from super dooper league leigh team.I'm all for toronto and toulouse but not to the expense of losing the traditional clubs

I said at the end of last season our attack needs major improvement.Yesterday we had 4 or 5 goes at their line before we scored.

Then with them a man down we went behind and never really recovered.We have too many one man drives and not enough ball

movement.Was worrincy injured ? But all credit to Toulouse they played some good stuff and that last try outstanding.

Ford completely outclassed us.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

"Being picked no matter what" referred to injuries. We have a squad constructed to cope when i juries bite yet still prefer players on one leg to those who are itching to get a chance. No doubt they will get a run against Whitehaven next week but I would like to see such as Day (I'm biased), Trout, Reilly, Hayes show what they can do. I think that you may be reading casual observations as downright criticism Therein; it isn't, I know that the team did as well as they could against a FT opponent.

I always felt that Toulouse were in control but that is just my viewpoint. Let's see how we do against the stronger sides in the next few weeks

Spot on....

4 hours ago, silcoates said:

Well,first the excuses we played against a full time team.I'd like to know how can they afford to be a f t team.

They must have a very rich owner. Having said that well done to Halifax beating a 500,000 pound extra from super dooper league leigh team.I'm all for toronto and toulouse but not to the expense of losing the traditional clubs

I said at the end of last season our attack needs major improvement.Yesterday we had 4 or 5 goes at their line before we scored.

Then with them a man down we went behind and never really recovered.We have too many one man drives and not enough ball

movement.Was worrincy injured ? But all credit to Toulouse they played some good stuff and that last try outstanding.

Ford completely outclassed us.

I understand that Worrincey was unavailable due to work commitments.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

So there you have it, we lost to a better team but we certainly didn' t give up. It could have been a whole lot closer, because:-

1) We lost concentration twice close to our line and gifted them 2 easy tries.

2) We allowed them to intercept a pass that was going forward anyway, and was a bit speculative, but the player making the pass made a tremendous effort to make up for it.

3) We had the opportunity to score two tries close to their line but our close quarter passing either hit the chest of the receiving player / was too hard / or was just dropped.

Still some work to do to cut out the mistakes but it is gradually coming together.

I was disappointed that we lost but am very hopeful going forward.

Archived