Brixton Bulls launch women's team

LINK TO ARTICLE

Brixton Bulls have announced plans to launch a women's Open Age Rugby League team in 2018. The Bulls are a community club based in south London, and plan to play in the Women's Merit League in their first season.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

LINK TO ARTICLE

Brixton Bulls have announced plans to launch a women's Open Age Rugby League team in 2018. The Bulls are a community club based in south London, and plan to play in the Women's Merit League in their first season.

That has surprised me, great news..........but where is their nearest team? Are there even any others in London? Medway have one?

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

That has surprised me, great news..........but where is their nearest team? Are there even any others in London? Medway have one?

There has been one in Brighton.....Sussex Merlins....but not many fixtures available so might be an occasional side rather than a regular one. 

Their website isn't up to much so no idea of the current situation.

Early days, so they may have to scratch around for fixtures in the Merit League, but you have to start somewhere.

And, as women's Football in the USA has shown, roots can be put down in places where the men's game is not necessarily a dominant force. You're appealing to an untapped market for players, and who knows what phenomenal athletes might be uncovered in Sarf Landan?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think a lot of teams have had women training.  We've had them, I think Chargers had enough for a team a couple of years ago.  For Brixton, I think they're putting down a marker that they want to have a team, rather than have a team ready to go.

• 1 month later...

Archived