York City Knights

jroyales

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good advert for this division. Looked like we were getting on top in the 1st half, then one mistake and they went in for a try to give them a half time lead. Thought York did well to take the pace out of the game every time Oldham gained momentum in the second half. I had hope that we would get over for a match winning try, but as I said York had the nowse to slow down the game and get to the end with a deserved win.

5 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Can't stand DR,why can't York players play for york,Oldham players play for oldham etc.Do you know of any other sport that has these types of arrangements?. Just for curiosity.

Just like Wigan,saints and hull don't.

The top and bottom of it is league 1 is a lot harder division than when we got into the championship. There'll be some wins,losses and incredibly close ones like this one.This season will be a very competitive one. This wasn't a bad loss in my books,it was two evenly matched teams,we just happened to be on the wrong side of it.I didn't come away frustrated just cheesed off because we lost.

As Bradford, York and ourselves are bookies favorites then (although gutted we lost) at least it shows that the clubs are not a million miles away from each other.

I think if we had played Hemel last week and got a good result then we would have won yesterday.

Damn you snow!!!!!

Great advert for RL at any level.

York's seasoned and DR  players played the young ref very well as reported in other mails, slowing the game down, sadly something we couldn't do. Can't argue with CCR about it being the start of a long season of turns but some of the failings of previous seasons still exist. Yesterday both sets of forwards cancelled each other out, so they played a more expansive game - we didn't even up to the final hooter we were still driving the ball in and getting nowhere. Surely the message should have gone out about how little time was left and telling the players to keep the ball alive.

That game has gone - looking forward to Halifax next week.

One final comment is about the effing and jeffing from some of our supporters especially when there were lots of youngsters about and parents of the dancers. We don't need it in our great game.

Very good game with a disappointing result in the end.

York were excellent and put in an exemplary away display. Both Robinson's were excellent along with Ellis at hooker. Very well coached team and every time the game was on a knife edge they seized the moment or denied us the chance of doing so.

For ourselves there was some outstanding performances from Bridge, Reid and West all down the left but a few of our key players didn't have their normal impact. Crook in particular was outplayed by Robinson and both Joy and Neal had no impact on the game.

Think we are definitely a forward light at times. Spencer didn't look fully fit and Bent is very lightweight down the middle. When Jones or Briscoe are fully fit i'd like to see them on an edge and get Langers more involved down the middle. Every time he does he dominates but on the edge he sometimes doesn't get enough ball. The whole right side didn't really function yesterday in comparison to the left.

8 hours ago, Whitworth Yed said:

As Bradford, York and ourselves are bookies favorites then (although gutted we lost) at least it shows that the clubs are not a million miles away from each other.

I think if we had played Hemel last week and got a good result then we would have won yesterday.

Damn you snow!!!!!

Its a good point about the Hemel game and for me it harps back to last season and Dewsbury. Had that game not been postponed I think we wouldn't have been relegated. At that time Dewsbury were down and out and we would have beaten them at Stalybridge. Even a quickly rearranged game would have given us the win. Instead it was left to virtually the end of the season and a rejuvenated Dewsbury then came and beat us in a tight game to send us down. Am I right that those lost two points would have saved us? Hope Hemel don't come good by the time we play them, though I suspect we will good enough to get a place in the play offs anyway. 

Gutted with the result-but I really enjoyed the  game,could  of won it at end but wasn't to be-it was a good  advert by both clubs for this league -for me you can stick your super league and foreign teams-this is where rugby league  matters the lower clubs  -The passion and the people  supporting and helping the clubs for the love of the sport .

9 hours ago, Whitworth Yed said:

Damn you snow!!!!!

Err. I think you will find York’s game was also cancelled 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Archived