Hunslet 26, NWC 10

Hawkwindbag

A workmanlike victory yesterday, still room for improvement but we did well to notch a comfortable win with the disruptions going on and the stop-start nature of the game. A few positives and negatives from the match:

we look strong in the centre and it will be interesting to see who gets the nod if/when we are injury free
+  defence looks organised and working reasonably well (apart from the soft try at the end)
+  if Lee continues the season in the same vein he's started we might not miss Flanagan too much

-  the injuries have to be a concern; going into the game without Mvududu, Grimshaw, Southernwood, Foster and Dean Roberts, we then saw Mallinder, Flynn, Shaun Roberts an Ashton come off hurt yesterday
the team has yet to perfom greater than the sum of its parts; the disruption doesn't help and we have 'purple patches', but looking at the scores some other teams are posting I suspect that, despite the table, we are not a top four team just yet. Work needed here as we have a series of difficult matches ahead now.

Still, eight wins on the trot and, fact fans, it was 1997 when a Hunslet team last strung together a longer winning run.

And finally, as someone far more famous than me once said, I never comment publicly on the referee, and I'm not going to change the habits of a lifetime for that idiot! :wacko:

Tom Ashton been the signing of the season so far , can I suggest  we replace Flanagan  with a similar hooker who creates havoc at this level , his name ,,, Sean Penkywicz , the travelling up to Worky must be a killer and he showed against the Old Boys in the Cup just what he can do .

whats wrong with jack lee.......... looks to be playing very well

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

another or bust season then. its ok spending it. maybe getting promoted but if we went up will we have the funds for the new additions for the championship squad.. 

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

Archived